PDA

View Full Version : WOC chaos troll army... how's it work?

Confessor_Atol
21-04-2011, 22:47
I've heard of some troll heavy WOC list doing really well recently. Has anyone faught against one? What's the stichk? How's it work? Really doesn't sound that effective to me.:confused: Am I short sighted and unimaginative?

scruffyryan
21-04-2011, 22:50
it uses Throgg and a horde of trolls 6X3ish or so to fulfill the core requirement Then afaik its just your bog standard warriors list, you can chosen horde, you can fill up on hellcannons wtfever you like, 18 trolls are very very likely to make it across the board and even if only 4 of them make it into base contact its 36 strength 5 attacks, plus its likely to draw fire, which means its likely to have pulled a roll or two on the eye of the gods chart before impacting so they could be str 6 or stubborn with a wardsave or what have you.

popisdead
21-04-2011, 22:59
Take Throgg. Win.

If you need more instruction, take the usual suspects "warshrines, hellcannon, hounds, etc".

Take units of 6 Trolls, 2-3 is pretty good. Take the Lore of Slaanesh (max it out) and start casting the Frenzy spells on your Trolls. First you start buffing your trolls to have 21 attacks at S5, then you should start buffing them through the game as you get the Eye of the Gods rolls if you save wounds from the D6 S3 wounds caused by the frenzy spell.

You will need a BSB as Throgg only allows a re-roll on break tests, not LD tests. 50 Khorne Marauders with GWs is a good enough body guard.

Then win.

myrsnipe
22-04-2011, 00:42
Take units of 6 Trolls, 2-3 is pretty good. Take the Lore of Slaanesh (max it out) and start casting the Frenzy spells on your Trolls. First you start buffing your trolls to have 21 attacks at S5, then you should start buffing them through the game as you get the Eye of the Gods rolls if you save wounds from the D6 S3 wounds caused by the frenzy spell.

That's until you realize that the stupid trolls are immune to psychology

Lord Inquisitor
22-04-2011, 00:46
Take Throgg. Win.
As long as the opponent doesn't have purple sun or pit of shades. In which case lose.

w3rm
22-04-2011, 00:58
Or warlightning cannons or doomwheels....

Citadel97501
22-04-2011, 03:13
Damn I never realized how good the Lore of Slaanesh actually is in 8th edition, the spells are easy to cast and more reliable then Tzeentch in getting stuff done. I love the idea of forcing annoying cannons and what not to move so they don't get to shoot.