PDA

View Full Version : 3K Tomb Kings (all comers list)

GamersWife
22-04-2011, 03:42
It took several days with my face buried in the book at my LGS. After revising the list multiple times, I really liked the following:

Tomb King - 258pts.
- Armour of Destiny
- Sword of Anti-Heroes
- Dragonbane Gem
- Shield

Liche High Priest - 255pts
- Lvl 4
- Talisman of Preservation

Liche Priest - 105pts (Lore of Light)
- Lvl 2

Liche Priest - 105pts (Lore of Light)
- Lvl 2

Necrotect - 105pts.
- Obsidian Lodestone

Skeleton Warriors - 210pts.
- x45
- Full Command

Skeleton Warriors - 210pts.
- x45
- Full COmmand

Chariots - 340pts.
- x6
- Standard Bearer

Tomb Guard - 420pts.
- x30
- Full Command
- Halberds

Warsphinx - 230pts.
- Fiery Roar

Warsphinx - 230pts.
- Fiery Roar

Necrolith Colossus - 175pts.
- Additional hand weapon

Necrolith Colossus - 175pts.
- Additional hand weapon

S.S.C. - 90pts.

S.S.C. - 90pts.

The L.P. will each be in a skellie unit. Each skellie unit protecting the flanks of the horde TG. King and necrotect in TG. Chariots up the flanks and potentialy flank charge units. High Priest in TG until combat then the priest jumps to either a skellie unit or behind the TG to get out of L.O.S. List is at 2998pts.

Please criticize and suggest improvements. Thanks!

meowser
22-04-2011, 04:09
Id drop a magic level on one of your Light LPs to get BotUL on your TG, and maybe swap a colossus for a hierotitan, since you're investing in magic so heavily.

Also, try and throw in two swarms so you have SOMETHING with EBtS to deal with warmachine-heavy lists

Gonzoyola
22-04-2011, 04:16
Why the Sword of Anti-Heroes? You are aware that only confers the bonus for each CHARACTER model in base contact right?

GamersWife
22-04-2011, 04:25
@meowser - The only reason for the two lvl 2 LP is to increase my chances on the 2-3 lore of light spells that I want to use on my TG unit.

@Gonzoyola - The Sword of Anti Heroes gives bonus for each character in base contact with him AND his unit. The Plan is to throw that TG unit up against those enemy units that have both the BSB and general in them.

GodlessM
22-04-2011, 11:31
Very nice list. A bit Cannon susceptible though. Though I know it makes no difference in that regard, but I'd be inclined to drop one of the Colossus for the Casket to boost your magical capabilities. I'd also drop the Lodestone on the Necrotect for some defensive gear (MR is near useless these days). I'd be tempted to make one of the Warrior blocks into Archers as well as you have nothing to flush out Skinks etc.

Skaven-1989
22-04-2011, 12:12
i think your ok without the casket, i think making one of the bone giants a heirotitan would be a good idea though, i'd get a scorpion and 3 carrions for war machine hunting