PDA

View Full Version : Byrons' Dark Angels

Fredox
30-03-2006, 17:59
Its been a long time coming and with 4 other Dark Angel logs on the 1st 2 pages I hope there is room for one more.

The Plan

It all started a few years ago when I found a box of metal Deathwing terminators my brother had undercoated and done nothing else with. Plain and simply I fell in love with them, well as much as you can with lunps of lead. This made me realise that I had enough marines lying around to field an army even though I had never setout to do so. So I got the codex and started to read. As I read I thought about getting a DA battle force, this soon changed into straight Deathwing and this in turn evolved into the Ravenwing. Then It hit me collect all 3, a full company of each.

Realization

So I started collecting, a bit here and a bit there. Then I found the wonder of ebay went a bit mad. So much so that I had to stop myself buying certain items and set price limits. So at the moment I've roughly got 60 metal Deathwing, 30 Ravenwing and almost a full battle company of regular marines.

The Problem

Out of all those models I painted about 10 tac marines to a point I'm happy with them. Others need stripping but most need assembling. That's the reason for this log. I've been invited to a return match of good versus evil 12,000pts a side. Not a problem when there are 6 to 8 players a side like the first match but this is 2v's2 and I need to assemble about 50 Deathwing by Saturday morning. Luckily the guys I play dont mind unpainted models but thats the next step after the battle.

So here I go. I'll post up a few pics of the army I take after the battle and a few from the battle itself.

First question for you guys. With the DA codex rumored to be at least a year away should I go all metal with the Deathwing or save for the inevitable plastics? I'd like to have all metal or all plastic so it'll mean 100 new plastic. Alternatively I could go completely mad and do both.

Unique1
30-03-2006, 18:37
I'd go plastic with Forgeworld Shoulder Pads, Pricey, but waaaay better than anything GW would allow on sale.

Fredox
30-03-2006, 20:03
By plastics I meant new GW plastics, if they make them, when the DA codex is released. Only basing this assumption on hearing Forgeworld got the wrists slapped when they suggested selling a Deathwing set similar to the Space Wolf set.

Tom
30-03-2006, 23:20
Dark Angels is rumoured around the New Year. Plenty of time.

Strikerkc
30-03-2006, 23:35
By plastics I meant new GW plastics, if they make them, when the DA codex is released. Only basing this assumption on hearing Forgeworld got the wrists slapped when they suggested selling a Deathwing set similar to the Space Wolf set.

FW has a dark angel termiantor shoulder pad set though. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATERMASTERS_STORE_SPACE_MARINE_INFANTRY_ACCESSOR IES_57.html

8th thing down the page.

Fredox
02-04-2006, 18:26
As I promised here are a couple pics of what I have took to the game. Have about double whats shown to paint and haven't finnished collecting yet.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/fredox/DSC00852.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/fredox/DSC00860.jpg

Aenarion
02-04-2006, 18:35
Good grief, rather you then me!

Scorpio
03-04-2006, 01:36
Better get busy;)

-Scorpio

Warboss Garfang
03-04-2006, 19:42
All I can say is "Wow...you got a ton of painting to do!".