PDA

View Full Version : 2400 Etc Style list after play testing

wamphyri101
22-04-2011, 21:31
So after recently being converted to the darker side from my HE, I have been play testing some bits and bobs for an etc style list.

The army I have been using is:

Sorcerer Lord
Level 4, Mark of Tzeentch, disc, Third eye of Tzeentch, Bloodcurdling roar Infernal puppet, Talisman of preservation, Charmed Shield, Biting blade

Exalted Hero, Mark of Tzeentch, Battle Standard, Stream of corruption, Sword of Swift slaying, Golden eye of Tzeentch, Disc, Shield

18 Chaos Warriors, Mark of Nurgle, Standard/Musician, Halberds, Shields, Banner of Rage

18 Chaos Warriors, Mark of Tzeentch, Standard/Musician, Shields, Rapturous standard

5 War hounds

5 War hounds

6 Chaos Knights, Mark of Nurgle, musician

6 Chaos Knights, musician

Hell cannon

War shrine

Chaos Spawn

And so far has worked really well and I have beaten alot of good players with it (one of them was a skaven player who hadnt lost in 8th yet)

Now what I am wondering though is do I stick with what I have or drop:

Spawn, 2 units of knights in exchange for:

9 Chaos Knights w Mark of Nurgle and Musician

Exalted Hero w Mark of Tzeentch, Helm of Many eyes, Shield, talisman of protection, Disc

The idea behind it is gives all knights the mark of nurgle and has alot more punch/survival which is needed in etc games.

Also the exhaulted is to provide anti warmachine hunting or combigned with the Bsb and even lord could really break a stuck combat (or all 3 can support the knights and if the knights run into issues they can scram back to the infantry)

wamphyri101
03-05-2011, 07:58
Had a play and came up with this also:

Sorcerer lord
Level 4, Mark of Tzeentch, disc, Third eye of Tzeentch, bloodcurdling roar, infernal puppet, Talisman of preservation, Charmed Shield

Exalted Hero, Mark of Tzeentch, Stream of corruption, Sword of Swift slaying Golden eye of Tzeentch, Disc, Shield

Exalted Hero, Mark of Tzeentch, Battle Standard, Favour of the gods, Talisman of Endurance, enchanted Shield

18 Chaos Warriors, Mark of Nurgle, Standard/Musician, Halberds, Shields, Banner of Rage

18 Chaos Warriors Mark of Tzeentch, Standard/Musician, Shields, Rapturous standard

5 War hounds

5 War hounds

9 Chaos Knights, Mark of Nurgle, Standard/Musician

Hell cannon

War shrine

So with the changes the exalted on disk travels up with the knights to either take down war machines, scouts/fast cav and solo-able targets. If not he can throw himself in with the knights or pull back to support infantry. Can also act as a hell cannon protector if required.

Lord flies around zotting stuff.

Bsb goes in with the warriors of Tzeentch. Should make a good anvil for the rerolls with the standard plus the extra chance of becoming a nails unit with favour/warshrine.

thesheriff
04-05-2011, 07:43
Drop a knight and bump the tzeentch warrior unit to 19 (20 with the lord). 5x4, Ultimate anvil!

And, I've found that MOT, Blasted standard is better on knights for survivability.