Necrotect w. Ironcurse Icon = 65

30 Skelaton Warriors, LA, Command = 180
50 Skeleton Warriors, LA, Spears, Command = 330

29 Tomb Guard, Halberds, Command, Razor Standard = 452

Necrotic Colossus = 170

Necrotic Colossus = 170

Casket of Souls = 135

Total = 1997.
Toying with the idea of dropping one collosus for 2 catapults to use rest of my points.

And should i be taking Light instead of Nekharara on my only caster. Both have very nice augments :p!

thesheriff

GodlessM
23-04-2011, 02:02
Well to start your Priest costs another 25pts, your King costs another 5pts and your Necrotect costs another 10pts. On the flip side each Colossus is 5pts cheaper than that.

silentarrow12
23-04-2011, 03:38
I believe your only caster has to take tomb kings lore becuase he is the heirophant. Don't quote me tho, I have not seen the army book enough.

thesheriff
23-04-2011, 08:03
Well to start your Priest costs another 25pts, your King costs another 5pts and your Necrotect costs another 10pts. On the flip side each Colossus is 5pts cheaper than that.
Thankyou. I looked at the book most of the day today and only got the rough points costs. Ill edit that. That does put me 5pts over though. Any suggestions?

Also, your right about the Warsphinxes too :D!

I believe your only caster has to take tomb kings lore becuase he is the heirophant. Don't quote me tho, I have not seen the army book enough.
Well, I guess that's what he's taking :

Anyone else. What about my suggestion about dropping a Colossus and two spears skellies in favour of 2 SSCs? Or will just the one Bone Giant get shot to bits first turn?

EDIT: Fixed the points conundrum with the loss of a Tomb guard.

thesheriff
23-04-2011, 16:33
Anything else?

TheKingInYellow
03-05-2011, 02:16
Tomb Guard and the BotUL are made for each other. Razor standard is fine, but I'm not seeing any banner I'd rather have than the BotUL.

Riocard
03-05-2011, 06:24
Your Characters look ok to me. King should have a shield for an higher armour save and this would get you to 2 k exactly.

I would adjust both Skeleton units to 40 because i prefer HW/S setup due to parry. Personally i think Skeletons need that additonal protection especially without a prince or king to boost their WS. You would save 10 points total which i would spend on additional HW for both Colossus.

As already mentioned the BotUL seems to be made for your Tomb Guard. Additionally i think the Halberds are new and shiny but too expensive imho. If you want to kill heavy cav and stuff i would more depend on killing blow and maybe the support spells (+1 A, killing blow on 5+) then on halberds. Going HW/S gives you some points to get more TG or other toys and makes them harder to kill (5+/6++ instead of just 6+).

Dropping a Collossus to get 2 SSC doesn't make a lot sense to me as your army looks straight forward and doesn't seem to get a lot support by SSCs. Just my point of view.

PS: Yes your Hierophant has to use Lore of Nehekhara.

thesheriff
03-05-2011, 06:55
Swap razor standard for banner of the undead legion. Got it.

Give bone giants AHW. Got it.

I did like the idea of one bigger and one smaller unit of skellies. Mostly because of the models are second hand and that's what theve got. I could even them up to 40 spears, 40 Shields prehaps.

And I only really put the halberds in because they look cool. But are they really that bad?

Riocard
03-05-2011, 07:42
No they are not bad and have some good uses, like wounding T3 guys on 2+ for example, killing tough stuff like Monsters and especially with Razor Standard they can be used to kill heavy armoured stuff. But i've not seen to much heavy cav lately and against infantry S4 is enough most of the time. Maybe it's just my personal opinion.
If i am going to use TG with Halberds i am probably going 2 units. One 30+ Unit of HW/S 5 wide and a 21 Halberd (20+Prince or Necrotect or 19+ both :cool:) unit 7 wide.

For the Infantry, if you put your Hierophant into the Spear Skellies they gain a 6+ Regeneration which makes them almost as tough as regular HW/S guys if you want to keep them at two different sizes.

KimikoPT
03-05-2011, 11:00
I would go for a Hierotitan (tried one and almost all of my spells got through), and add some protection to Necrotect. As i use to say, hes on underwear, hes weak and the opponent will try to kill it before you even attack.