PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Vampire Count army (1st)

Pharaoh
23-04-2011, 03:46
So I guess i'm new in town, my first thread and only posted a couple a times. Anyway, i've just started looking at vampire counts and i was hoping for a bit of feedback on my first army list for them.

Vampire Lord...(405)
-Red Fury
-Ghoulkin
-Infinite Hatred
-Sword of Strife
-Armour of Destiny
-Talisman of the Lycni

Necromancer...(220)
-Invocation of Nehek
-Vanhel's Danse Macabre
-Biting Blade
-Nightshroud
-Dispel Scroll
-Corpse Cart
--Unholy Lodestone

Wight King...(125)
-Sword of Kings
-Dragonhelm
-Obsidian Trinket

35 Crypt Ghouls...(280)

30 Crypt Ghouls...(240)

5 Dire Wolves...(40)

20 Grave Guard...(335)
-Great Weapons
-Full Command
--Banner of the Barrows

Varghulf...(175)

Varghulf...(175)

Total...(1995)

The plan is both the Vamp and the Wight King will be in the Grave Guard, and the Necromancer is going to sit as close as possible to behind the bigger unit of ghouls. Anything anyone has to offer would be gladly received.

AM1640
04-05-2011, 20:53
Hi, without the book in front of me I can't remember the name of the power that lets you raise ghouls easier and beyond their starting unit size, its probably something easy like summon ghouls. Anyway. How do you plan on using the ghouls and grave guard to gether. After using ghoulkin to advance the ghouls will the graveguard get left behind? You could switch ghoulkin for summon ghouls, start with less ghouls in each unit and use the extra points for a second unit of wolves or some fell bats for war machine hunting.

fusionmonkey
04-05-2011, 21:23
a pretty good 1st list, but drop a vargulf for wraiths. they are awsome. and a caster lord worksb bettern than a fighty lord. apart from that, it works very well

Yrrdead
05-05-2011, 03:46
I'd drop the necro, replace with a vampire with MotBA and Helm, put him in a bunker of 15 or so skellies/ghouls(skellies for an extra banner). Personally I love the Varghulfs but they perform pretty poorly in 8th imo. If you want to play with one go for it but be extra careful with target selection or combo them with the ghouls (they'll need the help). Take the points from the other and beef up that grave guard. I prefer to have at least 36 preferably 40+.

I'm not sure about the lord build. It isn't bad at all , it just doesn't seem to have much synergy with the list. Unless you are going to put him into a unit of ghouls. Which wouldn't be terrible. Essentially you would have 3 decent units. Ghouls+Lord, Grave Guard, and Ghouls+Varghulf. Pretty good for 2k tbh.