PDA

View Full Version : Monognoblar unveiled

Shoggoth
20-03-2005, 11:53
Hello to all the "new" portent users :)

I report here some informations about a monognoblar army that'll be in the next USA WD n303.The list will be official,like cult of ulric one.

Many thanks to "ogres stronghold" user puggimer for sharing his informations with us ;) .Here're the rumors:

No magic users at all.

Most of the units seem to be based on some of the gnoblar models in the box.

Pigback riders - this is the one on the others back - act like cav & infantry w/ spears - so +1 S on charge, 2nd rank attacks when not moving (and 2 attacks for front rank, and +1 AS for cav).

ManBiters - this is the buy with ball and chain. Flails and DOW. Can take magic standard.can only be used as DOW in DOW, O&G or Chaos Dwarf armies

Flingers - the guys with slings. And they have slings.

Lucky Gits - get to re-roll ANY DIE Roll, plus 6+ ward save and MR2

There is a unit that is like skinks (i.e. aquatic), but if you upgrade them then the generate more if in water (+ D6 per turn).The aquatic gnoblars are boglins - aquatic skirmishers. Upgrade them to Toad-Gnoblars to get the water birth (+D6 models at the end of a turn that the unit spends at least part of the turn in the water).

Most of the core units work like skaven - i.e. only one of the 'different' units per unif of fighters.

All ranked units have full command availalble.

Lord can ride a rhinox - and the article has a great line about him controlling it because of his superior leadership and 'having the reigns around it's vulneralbe parts'.He has Ld7.

Heros are 2 for 1 slot.

Plus fighters (like OG, but with command, and some upgrades) and trappers.

Can also take yhetee's and slave giants and scraplauncher

Blood Gnoblars - remember the rumor about trappers setting traps in the woods? That is what these guys do.

Not much in the way of magic items - 9 total. But Gnoblar thiefstones can be taken in multiples - and by multiple characters (so you can have 7 characters that can get Magic Resistance for them and their units!)

They can take DOW, but only greenskins. They can also take common goblins and wolf riders as rares.

Ethereal Alpaca
20-03-2005, 12:20
Sounds great. I hope we'll be getting it here in the UK sometime too...

Stouty
20-03-2005, 12:24
That actually sounds quite good though seems to be stretching things a bit ;)

Gemini Dragon
20-03-2005, 15:15
sounds like designers stole some mushrooms from NGs and ate them

Rabid Bunny 666
20-03-2005, 15:46
o.........k, the aquatic gnoblars sound cool, i am tempted, but the nids, the nids.......

RobC
21-03-2005, 00:51
Boglins? Weren't they a toy series of extremely ugly hand puppets? In fact, yes they were - and I have one sitting on the shelf above my computer. Squidge is his name, and to his credit he's never served under a gnoblar general.

ferrus
21-03-2005, 01:01
Boglins?
GW in court?

boogle
21-03-2005, 09:10
yep Squit and Klang were the pair me an Xhalax had

Eldacar
21-03-2005, 09:39
More Ogre Kingdoms stuff? *sigh*

The Ogres seem to be getting more attention than a lot of other armies ever did, IMO.

Lucky Gits - get to re-roll ANY DIE Roll, plus 6+ ward save and MR2

They'd better not have this. Gnoblars with MR2? It basically destroys any chance of using magic against this army. I guess I'll have to go dig up my Archmage with the Book of Hoeth modelled onto him...

Rabid Bunny 666
21-03-2005, 12:37
shouldn't this be in fantasty general discussion?

xowainx
21-03-2005, 14:12

The Ogres seem to be getting more attention than a lot of other armies ever did, IMO.

Yeah, a whole army book, a battle report, a painting feature or two.. It's totally over the top if you ask me!

They'd better not have this. Gnoblars with MR2? It basically destroys any chance of using magic against this army. I guess I'll have to go dig up my Archmage with the Book of Hoeth modelled onto him...

Yeah, one unit with MR2 is going to wreck your entire plans.. Maybe your High Elves should dig out their bows again!

Theblackdwarf
21-03-2005, 17:01
cool ive wanted a gnoblar themed army. These will probably be a massive allied contingent for my Dawi-Zharr

Reabe
21-03-2005, 18:17
Yeah, a whole army book, a battle report, a painting feature or two.. It's totally over the top if you ask me!

Heh, they've had more than that. They shouldn't really get much at all, since there are other armies which still need to be properly brought into 6th edtion. Bloody shrek-wannabes. :rolleyes:

Kul
21-03-2005, 18:23
:eek:
The list sounds pretty awsome...
they really get much attention...
let's hope they don't forget the other armies
*cough*wood elves *cough*

Riddy
22-03-2005, 21:46
shouldn't this be in fantasty general discussion?

Well seen as its Rumors about a new list as yet unreleased then i guess not.

Stouty
22-03-2005, 21:57

Yeah, one unit with MR2 is going to wreck your entire plans.. Maybe your High Elves should dig out their bows again!

Leave him alone! Ogresdo seem to be everywhere, but to be fair so does everything when it first comes out. Oh well, ogres dont have any long erm potential as far as frther development goes, but they could prove me wrong (I will forgive all their sins if they just do WE right :p )

xowainx
22-03-2005, 22:19
I was only joking, but if you look back through old White Dwarfs, you'll see all of the armies of the recent set have got a simmilar amount of attention, I don't really see anything they've had that no other has got at some point. I'm sure from all the rumours Wood Elves are being done right, so by the end of the year everyone* can be happy.

*Excluding Chaos Dwarf, Dogs of War and Fishmen fans.

Akuma
30-03-2005, 20:24
I realy like this list and the fact that it's not underpowered and playable - I would dare to say cometable ( mostly due to largly insignificant rule ). I hope all new and redone armys will get support like that ... :D

skavenguy13
03-04-2005, 23:49
Hi guys. I'd just like to know if the gnoblar army will be legal. I read the pages in WD canada 303 and it wasn't mentioned (or I missed it)

And I have a good memory, so I can add a few stats (not too much though)
blood gnoblars need an entire turn to set their traps, they make S3 hits per model.
You start with D6 re-rolls.

If you want more, ask me or something as I can't really tell you here. Anyway, could someone answer my question?

MiketheFish
04-04-2005, 02:47

Give me a break - the Ogre army is getting just the same amount of attention that all other brand-new armies get when they are first released. Just because you apparently don't like the army doesn't mean GW shouldn't try to promote it.

And you are getting upset for a Gnobar unit with MR 2? In an army that has completely NO magic users whatsoever? Whatever man.

Ethereal Alpaca
04-04-2005, 07:29
I'm not bothered about lots of ogre stuff, it's the endless articles on space marine painting that annoy me. :mad:

If you can't paint them by now, sell em on ebay and go find a different army...

Akuma
04-04-2005, 13:48
Hehehehe holy words :D - theay are IMHO one of the most easy army to paint neet and tidy so what for thay give away so many painting articles for tham ???

Kul
05-04-2005, 19:11
To annoy WE players ;)

on topic:maybe to show how many varients there are on basic space marines :p

Festering Chantor
05-04-2005, 19:54
Squishy green-things *Sniggre*.
Thought the gnoblars teamed up with the Ogres to avoid something like this.
The slaving bussiness just got a lot easier...

Kul
05-04-2005, 20:14
LOL...
Gnobs are just like snots...
They think they are cool enough to run an army themselves :confused:

Festering Chantor
05-04-2005, 20:59
All green-things think that... Maby that's why they all end up as Slaves for mighty Clan Pestilens...

Kul
06-04-2005, 06:54
I think that's because skaven (pestilens) want slaves, and gobbo's are easy to get ;)