PDA

View Full Version : Daemons of Chaos 3K. (my first Warhammer list)

Opiee
03-05-2011, 01:00
as the title states i am attempting to get into the Warhammer fantasy game. i am an avid 40K gamer and with some help of friends i came up with a list that i am thinking about building and playing.

As this is my 1st ever Fantasy army i am not quite familiar with how units will interact and such. anyways to the point!

Fateweaver

Blue Scribes

Herald of Khorn, great icon of Dispair, Armour of Khorne, BSB

Bloodletters 49, with full command unit, Icon of endless war

Bloodlettes 30, full command, Icon of endless war

Flamers of Tzeentch 6

Pink Horrors 20, full command, banner of change

Seekers of slaanesh 10, full command siren standard

Flesh hounds of Khorne, 4
Karanak

tell me what yall think!

dragonet111
03-05-2011, 06:30
The first thing I want to ask is do you play in a competitive group?

If no choose a Twin headed LoC instead of Kairos, Kairos is really really broken and unless your opponent are ready to fight it you are going to kill the fun.

thesheriff
03-05-2011, 08:45
You can't have two icons of endless war.

The 50 strong unit of bloodletters I would run down to 40, and add in 10 moree horrors.

I never advocate magic using GD. Greater Daemons are good for throwing into stuff. This is why i still think Bloodthirsters are awesome. And, if you drop kairos, you could get a Bloodthirster w. Obsidian armour, Firestorm blade, Infernal fury. And you'd still have enough points to make the horrors bigger again, up to 40-strong with lv4 capabilities!

I'd prefer more Flamers to flesh hounds. 3 units of 4 also.

thesheriff

Opiee
03-05-2011, 16:19
The first thing I want to ask is do you play in a competitive group?

If no choose a Twin headed LoC instead of Kairos, Kairos is really really broken and unless your opponent are ready to fight it you are going to kill the fun.

yes my group is super competitive. 3 of them went to Adepticon all placing top 10 in fantasy. so i am dropping into a harsh group.

I was unaware that i could not take 2 of the same icon where does it say this?

the problem i have with more horrors, is that all my power dice is going to Fateweaver. he has all the powers they have and he is a lvl 6 wiz.

dragonet111
03-05-2011, 16:40
Ok so kairos is fine.

You can't because they are magic items (unlike daemonic gifts).

I also think you need more flamers, this is probably one the best daemonic unit.

Opiee
03-05-2011, 16:47
so you would drop what? the seekers? I really like the 50 brick of bloodleatters. if my group is not steering me wrong they are an extreamly hard unit to deal with. but again i have not played one game of fantasy in my life, ill remedy that situation soon!

dragonet111
03-05-2011, 16:55
Follow the good advices of Thesheriff, he is right.

With the new 8ed rules concerning magic the Blue Scibes are far less useful as they used to be.

The Seekers I don't know I never used them.

Karanak is probably useless.

thesheriff
03-05-2011, 20:01
so you would drop what? the seekers? I really like the 50 brick of bloodleatters. if my group is not steering me wrong they are an extreamly hard unit to deal with. but again i have not played one game of fantasy in my life, ill remedy that situation soon!

No double icons due to FAQ.

50 Bloodletters is potent. Especially with the amount of beard that the gaming group your with is having.

Just out of interest, how many of the other armies are gunline based in your meta. Becuase if there are many of them, A greater Daemon might be not be the best route for you.

Remember one cannon shot through Kairos, with a failed ward, he might lose the lion share of his wounds (making him incredibly vunerable to almost anything). Even if he is recovering wounds.

So, how many gunlines?

Opiee
03-05-2011, 20:10
No double icons due to FAQ.

50 Bloodletters is potent. Especially with the amount of beard that the gaming group your with is having.

Just out of interest, how many of the other armies are gunline based in your meta. Becuase if there are many of them, A greater Daemon might be not be the best route for you.

Remember one cannon shot through Kairos, with a failed ward, he might lose the lion share of his wounds (making him incredibly vunerable to almost anything). Even if he is recovering wounds.

So, how many gunlines?

just one with warriors of chaos. everyone else is High elves, VC(got top 5 at adepticon), and Tomb Kings. those are the people that are really good.

Opiee
06-05-2011, 03:34
Any other opinions?

dragonet111
06-05-2011, 18:27
Maybe a Herald of Tzeentch with master of sorcery and spell breaker in your unit of Horrors could be better than the Blue Scibes.

Could you write your list with the latest changes please? To see what you choose to do.

thesheriff
06-05-2011, 19:42
Good shout dragonette.

With life, it will remove your bloodletters only weakness.

Opiee
07-05-2011, 00:09
Here is the new list:

Fateweaver

Herald of Khorne, Great Icon of despair, armour of Khorne BSB

Herald of Tzeentch with Master of sorcery(life)

Bloodletters 49 full command

Bloodletters 30 full command, Icon of endless war

Flamers of Tzeetch 5

Flamers of Tzeetch 4

Flamers of Tzeetch 4

Pink Horrors 40 with SB musician and banner of change

dragonet111
07-05-2011, 06:03
I think you are good with that.

thesheriff
07-05-2011, 08:25
Drop the five Flamers down to 4, get a spellbreaker on the herald. And put in the last bloodletter to the 50-strong unit.

And then your good to rock and roll!