PDA

View Full Version : big guns

Sir_Lunchalot
30-03-2006, 21:27
Here's an Empire army that I've been contemplating building.

LORDS

Kurt Wallenstein
Templar Grand Master with a Holy relic and sword of power
240 pts

HEROES

Roth Küber
Warrior priest warhorse barding heavy armor great weapon
117 pts

Warrior priest warhorse barding heavy armor
113 pts

CORE

Knightly orders
9 knights, first knight, standard bearer, knights of the inner circle, musician, war banner
299 pts

Knightly orders
5 knights, first knight, standard bearer, musician,
155 pts

Knightly orders
5 knights, first knight, standard bearer, musician,
155 pts

Spearmen
20 Spearmen, shields, full command
Detachments: 5 swordsmen, 5 swordsmen
235 points

Spearmen
20 Spearmen, shields, full command,
Detachments: 5 swordsmen, 5 swordsmen
235 points

SPECIAL

Cannon
100 pts

Cannon
100 pts

RARE

Hellblaster volley gun
125 pts

Hellblaster volley gun
125 pts

1999 pts

Arduhn
30-03-2006, 23:23
not bad, two cannons and two hellblasters is a bit much, maybe take out a hellblaster and put in some handgunners. You also go a bit heavy on the knights, maybe take out one unit and take more infantry or maybe some pistoliers.

you also have no mages (almost a must for magic defense) and no engineers (good for making your cannons more reliable).

Tyra_Nid
31-03-2006, 09:00
Where are the mortars!? I would recommend replacing a helblaster with a mortar and some more troops.

ROCKY
01-04-2006, 12:59
What are your warrior priest equiped with? in my opinon the templar grand master does not need the SoP, just give him a lance. get some gear for your priests, and lastly toss out the second blaster and get a mortar.

Crazy Harborc
02-04-2006, 01:40
Um....has anyone mentioned a 'mortar";)

I suggest using some shooters, as in crossbows and or handgunners.

I LIKE cannons, the hellblaster is okay too. In the long hall of a game I've taken out more enemy troops with crossbows and handgunners than cannons. Less guessing is needed to shoot at enemy units.

If you already have the models (artillery that is), try them in a couple of games. Buy some crossbows and hand gunners too.

It's always a very good idea to have extra/reserve units. That allows you to be able to rotate units, have more than one roster to place on the field.