PDA

View Full Version : Best Places to sell warhammer?

hlaine larkin
06-05-2011, 19:29
I'm trying to sell some high elves- ebay wont have them even what i'd say cheap- 5000-6000 pts for 250 and it didn't sell. Any ideas?

sigmarus
06-05-2011, 19:45
there is a section for selling warhammer here on warseer. alternatively, bartertown is very popular for warhammer selling/trades. what high elf models are you selling?

gamershell
06-05-2011, 19:45
Really? I just sold my VC army and it sold at 186 pounds and it was 2250 pts:confused:

hlaine larkin
06-05-2011, 19:52
yeah, its a pain, it has been listed 3 times starting prices of 250,200,150 with buy it nows of 350,300 and 230 and still didn't sell, it's a pain really as i need more catachans :D

hlaine larkin
06-05-2011, 19:55
does anyone have any reccomendations on how to sell it?

Morkash
06-05-2011, 19:58
Usually eBay is a good place to make money out of...quite everything. Did you stuff in a few pictures, preferably some on which you can recognize something? ;) Was the description sufficiently detailed? Descriptive title, placed in the right categories?
Now, VERY important: Did you enable shipping to outside the UK and have it listed in the Canadian/US eBay as well?
I often watch auctions being "UK only" and they constantly achieve lower prices than auctions where European or even worldwide shipping is possible (at least when the shipping cost is not something like 35 pounds). There are many buyers from outside the UK, and your eBay is much more specific with Wargaming than the German eBays are, so pick this option if you did not already!

hlaine larkin
06-05-2011, 20:05
I am keeping it inside the uk as it is normally way too expensive to post to europe, someone very kindly offered suggestions on selling, i'm thinking of making 2 2500 lists, with a seperate lot for the dragon

Makaber
06-05-2011, 20:23
I am a mainland European myself, and I'm very fustrated with "UK only" auctions. Really, if the shipping costs are clearly laid out and the buyer covers it, what's the problem? Also, shipping is often a lot cheaper than people think, especially for smaller items.

hlaine larkin
06-05-2011, 20:27
I might put it up for europeans, but the cost will have to be more, the problem is i guess i don't know how much to charge, because i don't know the cost much

hlaine larkin
06-05-2011, 20:29
what do you think of splitting it up into the following lots..

tyrion
bsb
mage
metal mage
2 eagles
bolt thrower
36 spearmen
25 archers
21 swordmasters
5 silver helms

teclis
mage
metal mage
2 bolt throwers
eagle
36 spearmen
25 archers
21 swordmasters
5 silver helm

a dragon (well painted)

mrtn
06-05-2011, 21:05
Yes. Split it up, and sell world wide. I'm sure there are loads of Australians an Kiwis willing to pay a lot, since GW don't price stuff competitively for those poor buggers, so even UK retail is a bargain for them.
Include good photos.

hlaine larkin
06-05-2011, 21:07
i have lots of photos i use :) what prices would you reccomend i give for postage? or send it, then ask for postal payment

Lordy
06-05-2011, 21:13
I wouldn't use ebay, by the time fee's have been taken off you won't be left with much.

Put them on Warseer and Warhammer.org trade sections with individual prices and people will contact you if they want the stuff.

hlaine larkin
06-05-2011, 21:15
this is true, if i get 250, it will be 225, but it's good :) as long as i get something for it

sorberec
06-05-2011, 21:37
I might put it up for europeans, but the cost will have to be more, the problem is i guess i don't know how much to charge, because i don't know the cost much

It's easy enough to find out.

Weigh things in batches on your kitchen scales then check out the Royal Mail website for prices (I'd recommend adding 5% on to the weight to cover packaging and having crappy scales - if the final postage price ends up being a lot cheaper than you get by this method you can always refund the difference to the buyer)

As others have said, sending to Europe costs a lot less than you'd think, as I've found out sending stuff about the place. (Actually I've found it costs less than you'd think to send things to most places)

hlaine larkin
06-05-2011, 21:38
Brilliant :) thank you for the help everyone :) it looks lik i am trading half for a blood angels army, and the rest + dragon will go on ebay tommorow

Kalandros
07-05-2011, 02:11

I'm a mod on ulthuan.net and have done transactions with other members - 2 in Europe, one in Singapore and another in the USA.
Its no hassle to send anywhere in the world really, I think except Italy apparently.

Never used ebay to sell, only to buy. Lots of awesome deals there.

BooNL
07-05-2011, 06:34
To be honest, I can see why no one wanted to buy the entire army. You can only have so many spearmen and swordmasters! Without looking at any pictures, I think the army doesn't really scream 'wow!' as they're all the same troops. Are these battalion sets?

As said splitting is the best option. I'd go as far as to put in your Ebay auction that you're willing to sell smaller parts of the army as well. Someone might only need a bunch of swordmasters for example. Though you might be stuck with some smaller batches of troops in the end.

hlaine larkin
07-05-2011, 06:37
i have split it up into some lots above :) and no, not battalions, just collected over the years :P i use all the swordmasters in my 2500 list :D

Lord Solar Plexus
07-05-2011, 06:54
I support splitting it up. That not only lowers any psychological barriers to buy stuff at all, it usually also means that you get somewhat more out of the deal. Of course it's a lot more hassle as well.

hlaine larkin
07-05-2011, 07:06
I am definately splitting it up, likely into the above lists (see a few posts up) and will list it all tonight.depending on wether someone wants one of the halves for some b.angels!

Goblin Gonads
07-05-2011, 07:22
I sell on ebay a lot. I'm in the uk but 90% of my sales are in Europe the USA or Australia. If you limit yourself to UK sales you are definately going to make less money. If you know how you are going to split them, package them up take them tthe post office and ask for the international signed for price to France and the USA. That will give you a rough postage price to put on your advert. Just specify the international postage rates vary and to contact you for a final price before paying. As long as the total weight is under 2KG the international rate isn't that bad. Over 2kG and itky rockets and makes it cheaper to post in seperate parcels.

You will lose roughly 15% on ebay fees and around 5% in paypal charges.

hlaine larkin
07-05-2011, 10:37
i will put on some selling to elsewhere- do you know roughly how much it is for 2kg?

linuvian
08-05-2011, 17:28
I had a 4k elf army i sold last year. It didn't sell the first time, so I split it into 3 (maybe 4?) smaller armies and sold it. Each sold for around 200$ each. The idea I used (and it worked well) was to create each army as a theme and hype it as such. Example:

1) High Elf Mobile Assault Force
It had a a unit of dragon princes, a unit of silver helms, 2 chariots, mounted mage, and a dragon
A second mobile assult force had a unit of silver helms, unit of ellyrian reavers, a chariot, 2 eagles, and a converted lord on eagle.

2) High Elf Defense Force
It had a unit of spearelves, two units of archers, 2 RBTs, 2 mages, and a unit of phoenix guard

3) High Elf Elite Force
Unit of spearelves, unit of swordmasters, white lions, mage, prince on foot

One of them even sold for slightly moer than retail.. don't remember which one though. I also linked to the other auctions to offer a discount on shipping, and offered to throw in the LE HE BSB model if the same guy bought all of them.

Good luck to you!

hlaine larkin
08-05-2011, 17:30
Thank you :) i have done something similar

as i have 3 lords, a dragon (which was well painted by a friend, so i am selling that seperate) and then teclis and tyrion, so i did one out as a combat and one as shooty

IGoblinego
09-05-2011, 09:37
I think you need permission to wield Warhammer these days.

ted1138
09-05-2011, 10:57
A high starting bid puts a lot of people off bidding, you could try a lower one (with a reservation if you're worried it won't sell for as much as you want). It's always best to include foreign postage, even if it is high, as it will get you loads more bids. Start an auction on a Thursday evening and run it for ten days, that way it covers two whole weekends, which is when most people browse ebay, and it ends on a Sunday too, when most people like to bid for things(getting something in the post is always a nice thing to look forward to). If you do break things up it's probably better to break them up into individual units and characters, that way you'll get more people bidding who want to keep them(larger auctions tend to get bids from people looking to break them up and sell them on at a profit). Hope that helps.

hlaine larkin
09-05-2011, 10:59
Thank you ted :) if it doesnt go this time, i will do that- split it up into its composite units.what would you reccomend for characters? as the paypal and ebay fee's for something that sells for 3-4 isn't worth it

RTGamer
09-05-2011, 14:37
The fees are a percentage (and a per item in Paypals case) The characters should be fine to sell for 4-5 and you will get 3-4 for them after fees.
Either that or keep a hold of them and use them to paint up.