How does this look?

1 TK with a GW and Death Mask in a Chariot
Lvl 4 LHP as hiero with Nehek
lvl 2 LP with Light
Prince with 2+ magic armor, GW
Prince with GW
BSB Herald with GW
Necrotect, with 4+ ward 1 use

49 skele horde champ& banner with spears( Hiero for safety and 6+ regen, Armored Prince for WS)
5 Chariot unit full command (King on chariot goes here)
30 TG full command Undying Legion banner (Necro, Prince, BSB)
Warsphinx fully upgraded
Casket

Any comments will be appreciated

Don Zeko
10-05-2011, 05:01
I don't really know how Tomb Kings will work yet, but this seems like way, way, way too many characters. You've got no shooting at all, no warmachine hunters, not enough power dice to use those bound spells and both mages...I don't like it. I'd drop the herald and both princes and spend those points on some dudes.

archie-d
10-05-2011, 08:03
agreed, seems like way too many characters, id drop a prince and the bsb personally. i like having a necro in a unit of tomb guard, but i dont think they need any more characters than that.
i also dont get why everyone seems to be only using lore of nehek on the one priest, ive played 1 game with the new book so far and having the signature spell on both my priests really helped top my units back up when they started taking damage.

Maglok
10-05-2011, 11:38
Fully upgrading the warsphinx is not really worth it imho. Poisoned attacks specifically. I would always use thundercrush, and those don't get poisoned.

Also to many chars, way to many. :)

GodlessM
10-05-2011, 13:13
I don't understand the herohammer I'm seeing in all the Warseer TK builds; it isn't going to work plain and simple.

drear
10-05-2011, 13:35
i think its because the characters give so many good options. wards, ws bonus, access to diffrent lores etc.

id go with a hierophant, lvl2 with light, tombprince and a bsb.
if your running construct heavy change the lvl 2 to a necrotech. but keep characters minimal!

3-4 is a max id say unless you can feild 35 point heros like certain armies.

focus on more infantry

Don Zeko
10-05-2011, 13:56
I don't understand the herohammer I'm seeing in all the Warseer TK builds; it isn't going to work plain and simple.

People just don't understand opportunity costs. When you put a non-general non-BSB fighting hero in your list, you should ask yourself what it will give you that you can't get from using those points on more troops. The answer is almost always "nothing," especially for armies like Elves with expensive and squishy fighters. And as far as Wizards are concerned, people need to realize that you only get so many power dice. Paying for 8-10 levels of magic when you'll only ever have enough dice to use 5 means that the cost of those extra expensive mages is pretty much thrown down the toilet. I usually only run three characters in a 2500 point army, and I don't see why anyone would ever run more than 5.

gdsora
10-05-2011, 15:08
Fully upgrading the warsphinx is not really worth it imho. Poisoned attacks specifically. I would always use thundercrush, and those don't get poisoned.

I got the Poison in cause you know, the sphinx has to fight anything outside of infantry and war beasts, or if fighting something that has too few of models that it is not worth risking attacks on that 1 roll to hit.

People just don't understand opportunity costs. When you put a non-general non-BSB fighting hero in your list, you should ask yourself what it will give you that you can't get from using those points on more troops..

Princes are cheap
good stats and boost a unit to WS5.
I could drop both, and then i lose having a constant WS5 for my troops. Something that I am loathe to give up.

The necro I can toss, i wanted it for the hatred guess its not worth it.
The BSB I wanted, for 1 to protect the prince and have the BSB of course.

Ill drop the Lvl 2

So i have this

1 TK with a GW and Death Mask in a Chariot
Lvl 4 LHP as hiero with Nehek
Prince with 2+ magic armor, GW
Prince with GW
BSB Herald with GW

49 skele horde champ& banner with spear ( Hiero for safety and 6+ regen, Armored Prince for WS)
5 Chariot unit full command (King on chariot goes here)
30 TG full command Undying Legion banner (Necro, Prince, BSB)
3 Full command Necro Knights
Warsphinx with fiery roar
Casket