PDA

View Full Version : Infantry and Difficult terrain

Xenthick
10-05-2011, 10:14
This is probably a pretty basic question, but I've been out of playing fnatasy for a while now (since early into 8th) so I dont know the new rules that well. I was watching a battle report the other day in which the comment was made "Infantry are no longer affected by difficult ground." which they then proceeded to explain to mean that they are no longer slowed by moving through forests, ponds, rivers etc.

A friend of mine has a very nice terrain board which happens to be covered one side to the other in a long river. I play skaven, daemons and now warriors of chaos, and as such I generally need to get in close quarters to do anything. He plays vampires and dwarves, so the fact that I have to move at half speed to get to him is crippling as he blasts me with artillery or fills his side of the board with summoned undead before I can get to him.

Basically, i need to know if this is the case. Can my infantry blocks move freely across these terrain pieces? Thanks a bunch.

Mid'ean
10-05-2011, 11:36
To much to go into here. But I would suggest you start on pg#116 "Battlefield terrain". Different terrain pose different problems to units based on what troop type they are.......

T10
10-05-2011, 11:53
Notice that as a general rule your models move at normal speed through terrain: Terrain usually does not reduce model's speed and does not stop it from marching. That said, some terrain may place limits on your movement: A river, for example, does not allow models to make march moves through it.

Other than that, difficult terrain tests are usually applied to mounted troop types trying to move faster through terrain. The effect is that the unit may opt to not march through a forest: They slow down to avoid taking casualties. In this way terrain may prove a hindrance to the overly cautious, or a trap to the reckless. :)

-T10