PDA

View Full Version : Mangler Squig base size and type

Skratchington
10-05-2011, 21:36
Hey all. I'm not sure if this has been discussed to death and figured out yet, but is there any "official" or even semi-offical word on what type and size of base Mangler Squigs should be mounted on? I'm the process of making up a few of them(and it's going very well, by the way, in case anyone's interested...pictures will follow once they're done), and I'd really like to get the bases right the first time around.

So, if there's any word on what kind and size of base these beasties should be mounted on, I'd love to know. Thanks!

Skratchington

Lord Malorne
10-05-2011, 21:48
If they are in a unit then they should be on ogre sized bases, if they are creatures that go walkies on there own then I would guess the same, like chaos spawn, as unless i'm mistaken they will not be greater daemon or treeman sized.

Malorian
10-05-2011, 21:49
60mm round seems to be what I see most, but this is in no way official.

I'd actually put them on a 40mm round to be safe and then if it turns out to be 60mm then you can just put one on the other and rebase.

Asensur
10-05-2011, 22:21
Giant Cave Squigs are on a 40mm square base.

The normal thing is that 2 Giant Cave Squigs are in a bigger base, normally 60mm round base (Dreadnought one)

papabearshane
10-05-2011, 22:30
60mm seems to be about right with 2 Giant Squigs and a Night Goblin Herder. I just dont see them trying to cram everything on a 40mm round base.

Skratchington
11-05-2011, 03:29
Great, thanks everyone for the replies! I'm thinking the 60mm round base seems about right too, and will allow for adequate room for the big ol' Squigs and the Night Gobbo herder. Seems like I'll be going for the 60mm round.

Of course, if and when the time comes that GW releases some official models for the Mangler Squigs, I'll likely just end up picking them up anyway, and replacing the ones I'll have made myself...or, if the offical GW ones end up on the same base size and aren't any cooler than the ones I have, well, all the better. For now, the 60mm round seems like a good bet and I do believe that's what I'll go with. Thanks, guys!

Skratchington

Spiney Norman
11-05-2011, 07:31
The staff at my local GW store have used 40mm round bases for the mangler

Kalandros
11-05-2011, 08:07
I remember reading that inside GWShop testing area they used 60mm round.
And its also what I'm going with - its the size that fits perfectly with the unit type - a dangerous fanatic-like duo of whirling death~

popisdead
12-05-2011, 20:25
Giant Cave Squigs are 40 mm, since it's two of those + goblins add this appropriately.