PDA

View Full Version : Settra's Undying legions, or TK 2500

vinny t
10-05-2011, 21:50
So, I have been looking at Settra, and he seems like not too bad of a choice, should one wish to field the true lord of Khemri. One sample list that I have worked out is...

Settra

Liche Priest with scroll of mighty incantations

39 Skeletons with f/c and shields

4 chariots with full command

3 chariots with full command (Settra goes here)

40 Archers with banner

Warsphinx with fiery roar

Warsphinx with Fiery roar

Bone Giant with 2 hw

Bone Giant with 2 hw

Casket of Souls

2495 points.

Now, the thinking with this list is that I have 5 sweet hammer units that run up and obliterate the opposition. Both the sphinxs and the giants benefit from the 6" MWBD raidus, and with Settra's combat skill, a lot of damage can be done very quickly. The Casket is there to help mitigate the lack of cassting bonuses as well as provide a credible threat to other monsters and low leadership armies. The Bowmen protect the casket, and the skeletons bunker the Priest.

So, what do you guys think of the competitive-ness level of this list?

Malorian
10-05-2011, 21:52
I think you will find it hard to stop people from getting to the priest, and steadfast will be a pain.

vinny t
10-05-2011, 23:13
Steadfast will be a pain, but that is where, hopefully, the WS7 on everything around Settra comes into play. Then, you can relaibly generate lots of kills with pretty much everything hitting on 3s and wounding on 2s. The priest, though, I agree may be an issue, but hopefully I can close fast enough to mitigate any possible damage.

How would you improve the list, Malorian?

Malorian
11-05-2011, 00:25
I would tone back the monster aspect and add some ranked up cheap skeletons to run side by side with the monsters.

One takes away steadfast and the other gets the kills to win combat.

vinny t
11-05-2011, 00:31
So, lose a warsphinx for 40 more skellies with full command?

Malorian
11-05-2011, 00:34
I'd rather lose the bone giants and casket first.

I won't have the book until tomorrow to actually say a list, all I know is that at this point the casket and priest are going to be hard to protect and the monsters and chariots will have a hard time beating steadfast.

Settra is also bitting into your points, but then again he is the point of your list.

GodlessM
11-05-2011, 01:10
Just to clarify you don't have 5 sweet hammer units as you have stated, you have 5 sweet magic fodder units; most armies need a Level 4 to compete in 8th at the least for dispelling, but TK need it more than anyone since magic is so important to us.