PDA

View Full Version : Yet another 2k TK list

Electrix
11-05-2011, 06:28
Well it's about that time when all the lists for the new book come out, just trying to make sense of it all and appreciate feedback.

Lord
Liche High Priest
Level 3 lore of Nehekhara (must be the Heirophant)

Heroes
Liche Priest
Level 2 (torn between another lore of Nehekhara or lore of Light)

Tomb Herald
BSB upgrade, Standard of the Undying Legion

Core
15 Skeleton archers

15 Skeleton archers

20 Skeleton warriors
FC, light armor

20 Skeleton Warriors
FC, light armor

15 Skeleton Warriors
FC

Special
6 Necropolis Knights
EBtS, FC

20 Tomb Guard
FC

20 Tomb Guard
FC

Rare
Casket of Souls

I like the BSB because we get a lot out of him with our instability, also the idea is to put him in one of the tomb guard. Heirophants must take Lore of Nehekhara, so that isn't an option, but I don't know what Lore to take on my other Liche Priest. I could drop the 15 strong unit of skellies with FC to give my two tomb guard units halberds. I'm not to sure on whether six necro knights is overkill at this point, but it will be nice with the errata on Monstrous cavalry supporting attacks (and not too bad on SCR either). Personally I find EBtS to be a necessity on them since it really increases their versatility. I would also like to fit that shiny new sphinx model in but can't figure what to cull to make the points. Thoughts?

thesheriff
11-05-2011, 06:35
Drop the skellie warriors anyways. Wasted points.

I would always take nekhara.

TBH, both those tomb guard units could do with minimal princes to make them WS5 and add some punch.

But, it is a nice list.

Thesheriff

Maglok
11-05-2011, 07:21
The skeleton warriors are very good at holding up enemies. So I would not drop them. I would however make it one group, because 20 tend to crumble fast, whereas 40 can stand a few turns.

Spiney Norman
11-05-2011, 07:34
I would make the Hiero L4 and combine the skeleton warriors into fewer, larger units. 20 is a good size for archer and 30-40 for warriors.

Do you have a plan for using multiple small units? Aside from the Necropolis knights you don't really have anything that can reliably cause a lot of damage.

GodlessM
11-05-2011, 11:00
Main problem here is you units are too small; they will crumble away quickly.

Electrix
11-05-2011, 15:20
I honestly did not realize the units were too small. What would be a good size for the skellies and tomb guard? 40 for both, 30? I suppose I could drop the Liche Priest L2 for 210 points to grab two tomb princes with shields. I'll combine the 15 strong unit with one of the 20s, giving me a total of 38 skellies in that group (dropping FC and giving light armor makes the points rearrange into 18 skellies). Any ideas on what to drop to bump up the Liche Priest to a L4?

madival
11-05-2011, 15:29
30 tomb guard should be good from what I see and 40 for the skeletons.

StefDa
11-05-2011, 15:50
Well it's about that time when all the lists for the new book come out, just trying to make sense of it all and appreciate feedback.

Lord
Liche High Priest

Heroes
Liche Priest

Tomb Herald

Core
15 Skeleton archers

15 Skeleton archers

20 Skeleton warriors
FC, light armor

20 Skeleton Warriors
FC, light armor

15 Skeleton Warriors
FC

Special
6 Necropolis Knights
EBtS, FC

20 Tomb Guard
FC

20 Tomb Guard
FC

Rare
Casket of Souls

I like the BSB because we get a lot out of him with our instability, also the idea is to put him in one of the tomb guard. Heirophants must take Lore of Nehekhara, so that isn't an option, but I don't know what Lore to take on my other Liche Priest. I could drop the 15 strong unit of skellies with FC to give my two tomb guard units halberds. I'm not to sure on whether six necro knights is overkill at this point, but it will be nice with the errata on Monstrous cavalry supporting attacks (and not too bad on SCR either). Personally I find EBtS to be a necessity on them since it really increases their versatility. I would also like to fit that shiny new sphinx model in but can't figure what to cull to make the points. Thoughts?

I'd say combine the two units of 40 Skeletons, drop the unit of 15, drop three of the Necropolis Knights and squeeze ind a Warsphinx with Fiery Roar and more nine more Tomb Guard - four for one unit, five for the other.

Actually, on second thought, don't add the Warsphinx. Add a Prince to each unit of Tomb Guard. You have 15 points to play with for each. I suggest the Gold Sigil Sword and something else, your pick.

I honestly did not realize the units were too small. What would be a good size for the skellies and tomb guard? 40 for both, 30? I suppose I could drop the Liche Priest L2 for 210 points to grab two tomb princes with shields. I'll combine the 15 strong unit with one of the 20s, giving me a total of 38 skellies in that group (dropping FC and giving light armor makes the points rearrange into 18 skellies). Any ideas on what to drop to bump up the Liche Priest to a L4?

Please don't give light armour to Skeletons! They're not worth it...

drear
11-05-2011, 16:16
combine those units! not only are you saving points but your making a better unit.
20 skelitons will hit combat, loose 7-8 men and then loose another 7-8 through crumbling, and your down to nearly no unit after 1 round.

so this list should look like this imo:

Lord
Liche High Priest

Heroes
Liche Priest

Tomb Herald

Core
30 Skeleton archers

40 Skeleton warriors
FC, light armor

15 Skeleton archers FC

Special
3 Necropolis Knights
EBtS, FC

3 necroplis knightss

40Tomb Guard
FC

Rare
Casket of Souls

maybe use the spare points to bump up the 15 archers to 20 or more,

Electrix
12-05-2011, 05:22
So it doesn't matter that I'll only have two blocks of fighting infantry out there? I guess the reason I had tried going with such low skelly count was due to the fact that I'm used to running up against skaven with several blocks of 20 infantry. I'm new to 8th edition, last played several years ago when 7th had first come out.

oCoYoRoAoKo
12-05-2011, 09:19
I would do this:

Lord
Liche High Priest

Heroes
Liche Priest

Tomb Herald
Personally i would drop these for Tomb princes. The reason for this is that with WS5, those Tomb Guard/Skellies suddenly become a powerful fighting force.

Core
15 Skeleton archers

15 Skeleton archers

20 Skeleton warriors
FC, light armor

20 Skeleton Warriors
FC, light armor

15 Skeleton Warriors
FC
Combine all of these skellies into 2 units of 40. Use your spare points along with the points saved from the heroes to get princes.

Special
6 Necropolis Knights
EBtS, FC
Haven't seen these in use yet. On paper they look quite good though. I would be tempted to run them in 2 units of 3 though or a single unit of 4 wide (huge flank is huge).

20 Tomb Guard
FC

20 Tomb Guard
FC
If you are going to go lots of tomb guard, bump them to at least 25-30 strong

Rare
Casket of Souls
For me the jury is still out on this. Its more useful as you will only have 1 mage with my suggestions. Take it if you wish.

GodlessM
12-05-2011, 12:18

8th edition is all about large units. Standard units are usually 30+ now, and crappy cheap troops like Skeletons need to be 40+.