PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings 1850, cheap army

Lemt
12-05-2011, 02:51
I was thinking of starting a TK army, and wanted a way to start without having to spend too much on them. After much tinkering, I've come to this list, that seems decent enough:

LORD
Tomb King, Skeleton Chariot, Dragonbane Gem, Spear, Shield, Golden Death Mask of Kharnut

HEROES
Liche Priest, Dispel Scroll
Tomb Prince, Dragonhelm, Shield
Tomb Prince, Glittering Scales, Shield

CORE
35 Skeleton Warriors, Spears, Musician, Standard Bearer
6 Skeleton Chariots, Musician, Standard Bearer (Banner of Eternal Flame)
35 Skeleton Warriors, Spears, Musician, Standard Bearer

SPECIAL
Khemrisian Warsphinx, Fiery Roar

RARE
Casket of Souls
Screaming Skull Catapult

The Priest(s) and Prince(s) would be made from normal skellies and massive GS work. Getting the Battalions is only a bit more expensive than buying it unit by unit, and I get a bucketload of extra minis for my trouble.

The Prince(s) join the Warriors, and the King joins the Chariots. The Chariots can play Wound Allocation musical chairs for a while, and with some spell help be kept alive for a while. The guys with horses would mostly stay close to the main army, ready to counter-asault the enemy flank, as would the Sphinx.
Warriors have spears because, coupled with Princes, they have to carry some weight for the army. The Spears only mean 7 less bodies in each unit, but in exchange I get to fight with another rank. That amounts to 2-4 extra wounds dealt to most enemies, IMHO worth the price of admission.

EDIT: I fixed the errors GodlessM told me about, and that gave me points to play around and get a Catapult. Should I go for ward saves on the King instead?

GodlessM
12-05-2011, 12:19
Well before opinions even become part of this your list is highly illegal; both your King and Prince are holding several magic armours each, as well as the fact that you have triples of 3 magic items here.

Lemt
12-05-2011, 21:11
Well before opinions even become part of this your list is highly illegal; both your King and Prince are holding several magic armours each, as well as the fact that you have triples of 3 magic items here.

Thanks, it should be fixed now.