Standard Musician, Armour Piercing Banner
Total-413

Rare
1xSteam Tanks
Total-300

I'm over 53pts not sure what to take out

Kalandros
12-05-2011, 17:18
Your Trickster character is forcing the ward reroll on Karl Franz as well - any ward saves Karl Franz makes will be rerolled to perhaps fail instead - if you use them next to each other.

Commissar Jonzey
12-05-2011, 17:21
Hmmm...didn't think of that...welp scratch that item....list updated

D'Haran
12-05-2011, 17:24
drop an engineer, pigeon bombs, you can probably drop the commanders from the swordsmen units. Also trim down your core to 35 man units and you should squeeze into 3000 pts.

Lord Dan
12-05-2011, 17:28
Drop the greatswords, trim the swordsmen to 35, and add another steam tank.

Commissar Jonzey
12-05-2011, 20:50
What's wrong with Greatswords?

I'll trim the units down to 35 and the champs in the units to save points

Commissar Jonzey
12-05-2011, 21:07
Decided to Demote the Arch Lector lector to a warrior priest, but he will be in the unit with the BSB and Karl so that he can take it to the face for the other 2 if need be

perrin23860
12-05-2011, 21:13
I'd drop the greatswords, and get two more cannons, and three more mortars...

If you're gonna bring the guns, bring a crap ton...

Not sold on Karl either. I think you'd be better served with a power scroll level 4 wizard with a lore of your choice, and a simple general...

Lord_Simon
12-05-2011, 21:55
Your list is ok, but the chances of you getting out of the first scenario with anything other than you getting massacred is slim. That is a lot of specials out there, a lot of KP's you are just asking your opponent to win.

Just my two cents.

Esco Thomson
13-05-2011, 01:07
Your list is ok, but the chances of you getting out of the first scenario with anything other than you getting massacred is slim. That is a lot of specials out there, a lot of KP's you are just asking your opponent to win.

Just my two cents.

This.

I don't mean any offense, but it really appears that you didn't pay nearly attention to the first scenario.

Commissar Jonzey
13-05-2011, 04:48
You cannot just build a list based on 1 out of the 3 scenarios...Yes I'm keeping them in mind, but in the 1st scenario it's hard to make an effective empire list without having 14+ kill points. Empire can't bunker up

Esco Thomson
13-05-2011, 12:56
You cannot just build a list based on 1 out of the 3 scenarios...Yes I'm keeping them in mind, but in the 1st scenario it's hard to make an effective empire list without having 14+ kill points. Empire can't bunker up

Actually with a massacre all but booting you from winning(barring turnout) you kind of do need to. Not to mention that the third requires some planning as well.

You could probably do well with condensing the war machines or engineers a bit, unless there are no Skaven/Lizards in the meta.

Lord_Simon
13-05-2011, 13:38
I'm not trying to pick on you man, but Esco is right. A massacre game 1 and you are done for all intents and purposes.

But for scenario three, unless I miscounted you only have 3 banners. It's not going to take much to lose that one as well. Your general gets sniped, and you lose a unit and its game over.

I hear you about Empire. I play Bretts, rolled first round with them, but I cannot bring the trebs for the semi's, just too risky. So I need to find another alternative way of working the list.

If you take a couple war machines you can likely deploy in such a manner as to keep them protected, but with the list you posted here your infantry will be overwhelmed and the enemy will slaughter at least a few WM's, and that is going to be enough to give tem a win, or at worst a draw.

You have over 50 KP's on the table...most armies I have seen have between 25 (rare) and 35.

D'Haran
13-05-2011, 14:51
More core units and bigger numbers of them, each one with a standard. With about 6 large core units you can afford to protect a battery of warmachines.