PDA

View Full Version : Snotling Pump Wagons

Skratchington
13-05-2011, 16:54
Hey all. So, I'm a big fan of Snotling Pump Wagons. I've got one at the moment, and am in the process of making two more to add to my army. I love things like Pump Wagons, Boar Chariots, and Mangler Squigs...you know, the things that are essentially "Orcy", ramshackle and careening across the battlefield, smashing into stunned and terrified enemies, and basically making a bloody mess of whatever they happen to connect with. What's not to like?

So, in the new Orc and Goblin army book, we now have some upgrades available to our Snotling Pump Wagons. I've been wondering lately, especially now that I'm building up some more Wagons, about these upgrades.

What are your thoughts on upgrading and making your own Pump Wagons, if you use them? Do you keep them barebones and cheap, or do you give them an upgrade or three, and if so, which one(s)?

I'll be running a trio of them as soon as they're all complete, so I'm very interested to see how to get the best out of these great little machines of (potentially) mass destruction.

Skratchington

popisdead
13-05-2011, 23:20
add them all. pumpwagons and mangler squigs are awesome. i would max out those choices if I played O&G

GodlessM
13-05-2011, 23:34
Adding them all makes them too expensive; extra strength and movement should be enough.

Skratchington
14-05-2011, 03:16
Thanks for the replies, guys. This is pretty much the issue I've been trying to figure out, that being the balance between upgrading them and making them all the more effective, while keeping them as cheap as they should be, and not going overboard on the points for them...because, let's face it, regardless of how many upgrades you pump into them, they're still Snotling Pump Wagons, and everything that goes along with such a machine.

Your suggestion was my first though, popisdead, to just load them out and make them as good as possible. However, after some thought I really didn't want to make them so expensive, and am thinking more along the lines of GodlessM's suggestion, in giving them a couple of the more generally valuable upgrades and leaving it at that.

So, the extra Strength and the extra Movement are indeed looking like the most overall useful upgrades, and that's what I'm leaning toward right now.

Thanks for the replies so far, popisdead and GodlessM!

Skratchington

Nkari
14-05-2011, 10:56
Add one more rather than 6 upgrades.. do extra movement and run 4 of them imho.. =)

Djekar
14-05-2011, 11:19
On a related note, for those of you who have used the extra movement - does it make an appriciable difference in practice? I'm not sold adding the Rigga instead of jump Pumping Harder (yes, I know that they are not mutually exclusive). I'm thinking that keeping them behind the lines to catch fast moving stuff that gets around me will see that extra movement wasted.

Kalandros
14-05-2011, 14:42
4d6 allows a greater charge reach on average, its pretty important, but also increases chances of double 1s.

Its a gamble, like many things OnG... x;