Elven Steed
Folraith's Robe
Silver Wand
Talisman of Saphery

General, Prince
White Sword
Armor of Calador
Crown of Command
General will go in unit of Swordmasters.

Mage (Fire)
LVL 2
Seerstaff, Fire ball, Flaming Sword of Rhuin
Obsidion Trinket

LSG x30
Shields
FC
BoEF

LSG x30
Shields
FC

Archers x30
3 units of 10

Swordmasters x19
FC
Ring of Corin
Ironcurse Icon
Razor Banner

Phoenix Guard x19
FC
Ruby Ring of Ruin
Banner of Sorcery
LVL 2 Mage will go here.

RBT x1

Giant Eagles x3

Rogue Sun
15-05-2011, 20:02
Any comments or ideas are welcome.

Archmage (High Magic)
LVL 4
Elven Steed
Folraith's Robe
Silver Wand
Talisman of Saphery

General, Prince
White Sword
Armor of Calador
Crown of Command
General will go in unit of Swordmasters.

Mage (Fire)
LVL 2
Seerstaff, Fire ball, Flaming Sword of Rhuin
Obsidion Trinket

LSG x30
Shields
FC
BoEF

LSG x30
Shields
FC

Archers x30
3 units of 10

Swordmasters x19
FC
Ring of Corin
Ironcurse Icon
Razor Banner

Phoenix Guard x19
FC
Ruby Ring of Ruin
Banner of Sorcery
LVL 2 Mage will go here.

RBT x1

Giant Eagles x3

A couple of things that stick out to me:

1) You have your Archmage on a steed and no other unit that is. This is going to be the absolute quickest way to get him picked off.

2) High Magic is alright, but I'd never take it on an Archmage. A level 1 or 2 maybe. It just doesn't have the versatility and killability as most of the lores from the BRB

3) Your Archmage is illegal anyway since Folariath's robe is for models on foot only.

4) You have no BSB. This must change, especially at this point level. The Leadership bonus from your general is good and everything, but seeing as he is a purely combat Prince he may very well die. The BSB can help you hold your lines together.

5) You have 1170 points spent on Core. High Elf core pretty much sucks and the only reason we take any is because we're required to. Definitely trim that down to 750ish. The other 420 or so points can be used for more Special troops (the ones that actually do some damage)

6) LSG are kind of "meh" in my opinion. I think they suffer from being too expensive and not being able to decide if they're ranged or melee oriented. I'd personally trade them out spears, which you'll get more of, but that is up to you.

7) Ruby Ring of Ruin and Ring of Corin aren't really necessary, but I guess I would ask what your plan is with them before discounting them entirely. Just seems like they're more points that could be used on bodies.

That's about all I see. Take it for what you will, and as always, play what you want to play. :)

castellanash
15-05-2011, 20:42
:o no dragon! Stupid island thieves that didn't take a dragon? :O For serious though, minimise core with a high elf army I echo the BSB comment and I'd take some reavers because fast cav are awesome.... Also take White Lions, I love White Lions, they're made of win

Surgency
15-05-2011, 23:23
No dragon? No Teclis? No White Lions? You sure this is an HE list? :p

Drop your LSG to units of 20, to pay for more points for other things.
Drop a unit of Archers, since the LSG can shoot
Maybe another RBT?
The Archmage will get smoked pretty fast being mounted and alone.
Drop the eagles (or 2 of them, at least) for Ellyrian Reavers or Shadow Warriors to go warmachine hunting. Eagles are nice, but I've found both of the other units to be more effective

Archangel189
17-05-2011, 16:04
I see my mistake with the mount for the archmage. I'll make some revisions and run some mock combat to see how things pan out.

NightHawk45
17-05-2011, 17:46
The list is decent, but there are a few things that I would changed that haven't been touched upon (or if they have been, then I want to reinforce)

I really like your spell selection on your lvl 2 mage. That is usually what I go with when I take that mage.

Get rid of the Ruby ring on the PG champ, instead change it out for the Skeinsliver. You already have enough spells to cast, I don't think that it will make that much of a difference. Also, he probably won't have that much to cast it at that will cause any difference. At 3000 points hordes and bigger units are the way to go.

Ring of Corin is illegal on the swordmasters as it is an arcane item. Give the champ the Talisman of Loerc. It does wonders.

Slim down your core. 20 LSG are not the way to go though. They would dual between archers and spearmen. Spearmen need more than 20 to be effective at this level and you would probably be only getting 15 shots off from volley, 10 from S&S and moving. I won't tell you what else to do; I'll let you figure that out for yourself.

I like your general. He doesn't have a ward, but other than that, he's pretty good. I always want to use the white sword for some killing blow action, but I haven't found the right build yet.

High Magic can work. You just got to know how to use it.