PDA

View Full Version : Cauldron of blood and Battle standard

Chain
16-05-2011, 10:49
I can't remember the result of this topic

Is the Death Hag with a Cauldron allowed to be the Army Battle standard Bearer?

theunwantedbeing
16-05-2011, 10:57
I'll vote no, because I suspect you have no armybook and are just fishing for rules.
So cannot hope to verify anything I say as true, or false :P

It's all super clear in the book though.
Page 93 (although I could be making that up too!)
Seriously though, it really is the lil box at the bottom of the page.

:angel:

Chain
16-05-2011, 11:08
I'll vote no, because I suspect you have no armybook and are just fishing for rules.
So cannot hope to verify anything I say as true, or false :P

It's all super clear in the book though.
Page 93 (although I could be making that up too!)
Seriously though, it really is the lil box at the bottom of the page.

:angel:

The little box doesn't mention the Cauldron only the death hag and since the cauldron still takes the points at the hero section rather than rare...

besides the main reason i'm not sure about this one is i recall seeing army lists here at warseer with the Cauldron Death hag as Battle Standard bearer

theunwantedbeing
16-05-2011, 11:10
*facepalm*

So I am to assume you don't know whether or not a noble can also take a manticore mount and be the bsb.
Correct?

Chain
16-05-2011, 11:13
*facepalm*

So I am to assume you don't know whether or not a noble can also take a manticore mount and be the bsb.
Correct?

it would be strange and something elses to see

but if the reason people don't do it is due to the vulnerability of their bsb not having a look out sir roll or if the rules don't allow it

I can not remember

I play about 1 Warhammer game a month on average... so sry if i am not the best at remembering rules(especially when having played in 4 differant editions)

or is there actually a rule that say only infantry,cavalry,monstrous infantry,monstrous cavalry and assumingly chariots can have the bsb?

and didn't the cauldron get marked as Unique?

Surgency
16-05-2011, 11:20
I was under the impression that if the unit entry was marked with "Additionally, may be a BSB for +X points" that that unit could be a BSB, regardless of what troop type it was... :wtf:

I gotta go with TUB's answer. Its right there, plain as day, on page 93.

Chain
16-05-2011, 11:23
I was under the impression that if the unit entry was marked with "Additionally, may be a BSB for +X points" that that unit could be a BSB, regardless of what troop type it was... :wtf:

I gotta go with TUB's answer. Its right there, plain as day, on page 93.

So there hasn't been any faqs etc that would disallow this?

Lord of Divine Slaughter
16-05-2011, 11:27
Quite simple.

A Death Hag can be a BSB.

A Death Hag can have a CoB.

Neither are mutually exclusive :)

Chain
16-05-2011, 11:28
good thanks all of you

and thank you GW for not having changed this

theunwantedbeing
16-05-2011, 11:31
and thank you GW for not having changed this

Yes thankyou GW for confusing somebody using clear unambiguous writing for one of your rules.