PDA

View Full Version : Knights Question

huitzilopochtli
20-05-2011, 22:06
I saw a thread like this but wasn't sure how it applied to the latest battalion, so here goes.

Do the knights in the empire battalion come with great weapon options? Mine have not, which I am quite annoyed by.

Cheers,
H

PurpleSun
20-05-2011, 22:40
I saw a thread like this but wasn't sure how it applied to the latest battalion, so here goes.

Do the knights in the empire battalion come with great weapon options? Mine have not, which I am quite annoyed by.

Cheers,
H

They do not. I bought a couple battalions to start my empire army a while back. I ended up using the lance arms and cut off the lances. I then used extra swords from the greatswords and glued them on. It turned out pretty good.

castellanash
20-05-2011, 22:41
It was the old box that came with the cavalry hammers for the knights of Ulric I think... I still have all the wolf cloaks and hammers to prove it :P

The bearded one
20-05-2011, 22:47
The wolf cloacks and hammers have been removed? Biggest bummer ever.. Why did they do that? The hammers are required to give them one of the possible upgrades.

huitzilopochtli
20-05-2011, 22:52
Darn it. Thanks Guys, guess I'll have to convert. Oh well.

popisdead
20-05-2011, 22:56
The current GW rules for Knights are there to allow people who shelled out coin for Knights of Ulric and wanted to still use them with the new book. it was a sort of backwards compatibility.

Not a bad idea to still go that way though.

ftayl5
20-05-2011, 23:10
Greatsword arms fit onto knights beautifully if you can get onto a bitz store. But the battalion doesn't give you the hammer upgrades. The normal boxes of knights still have the,