PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points - New Tomb Kings

LordBadgash
22-05-2011, 16:45
My first attempt with the new book. I was trying to make the list from models I currently own. The only things I own that are not in this list are; 2 more bases of swarms, another tomb scorpion, 6 skeleton horse archers, a handful of skeleton warriors, and one more chariot.

Lords

Liche High Priest (4)
- Lore of Nehekhara, Cloak of Dunes, Neferra’s Scrolls of Mighty Incantations

Heroes

Tomb Prince
-Sword of Battle, Potion of Strength, Charmed Shield

Tomb Herald
-Armour of Silvered Steel, Luckstone, Halberd

Liche Priest (2)
-Lore of Nehekhara, Staff of Channeling

Core

38 Skeleton Warriors
-Full Command, shields & light armour

24 Skeleton Archers
-Full Command, bows

3 Chariots
-Standard Bearer

Special

5 Ushabti
- Great Weapons

3 Carrion

Tomb Scorpion

2 x Tomb Swarm

Rare

Screaming Skull Catapult
-Skulls of the foe

Casket of Souls

=1998

I was thinking about dropping the Mighty scrolls on the High Liche Priest and the skulls of the foe on the casket to try to make my level 2 Liche a level 3 or some more scorpions or add the horse archer scouts.

What do you think?

Ymir
22-05-2011, 20:42
The Skulls of the Foe are really not needed, but the Mighty Scrolls seems worth it if you're willing to risk the miscast. I'd skip a ushabti and a champion or something to try and afford another scorpion, if you've learnt how to make good use of the Entombed Beneath the Sands rule (I haven't...).

Otherwise, the list looks good as it is really. I'm not a big fan of the prince's equipment, though, as the potion's benefit doesn't last long enough for the drawn-out combats this list will probably have to deal with (if he was in a chariot, that's another case). I'd give him a great weapon and the 4+ward save heavy armour, whatever it's called.

SeDevri
23-05-2011, 11:42
The cloak of Dunes is a deathwish for you LHP, he will be dead first turn from enemy shooting, and then your army crumbles....literally. he needs to be in your archer block.

Your Tomb Prince, NEEDS something to help protect him from flaming attacks, i would suggest the Dragonhelm, 6+ armor, and 2++ against Flaming attacks for cheap. I'd drop the Potion of Strength.

Why DOESN'T the Tomb Herald have the Banner of the Undying Legion? its a MUST for every TK army.
I would drop the Swarms and either got for another Tomb Scorpion or some more Carrion.

I would like to point out that you should really try and get some Tomb Guard and a Warsphinx, totally worth the points and money.

KimikoPT
23-05-2011, 11:47
Yup, get rid of ushabti, they are expensive and will die in 1/2 rounds of shooting. IMO Heralds are unnecessary.

LordBadgash
25-05-2011, 04:33
Cool suggestions, I will consider them.

I have the herald to protect the Tomb prince. I figure he's pretty tough since I can deflect wounds onto him, and he's got a 2+ save, that I can reroll once. The tomb king also discounts the first hit suffered on a 2+...

I was thinking the cloak would be helpful to get the Liche where I need him to cast spells. I guess the range of the new spells takes care of that though.

If I give the herald the Banner of Undying legion, than he can't take the Silvered steel armour, which I wanted to use to protect the prince...If I could put the banner on another unit, I would...

Maoriboy007
25-05-2011, 07:42
Why DOESN'T the Tomb Herald have the Banner of the Undying Legion? its a MUST for every TK army.Its actually a rip off for the cost. Its a bound spell level 5 - bound spells pretty much blow in 8th, especially high level ones.
The cost nearly covers half of another LP anyway.

GreenSpeed
25-05-2011, 12:33
I would drop the light armor on the skeletons, for 38 points you can gain another 9 skellitons which will be far more usefull than the slight improvement in save.

I second dropping the tomb swarms for another scorpion, its far more tactically flexable than the swarms and you already have a dedicated unit of warmachine hunters in the carrion.

Don't see the point of taking skeletal horse archers.

Give your prince the dragonbane gem. For 5 pts you get a 2+ ward against flaming, which most every list has.

Crovax20
26-05-2011, 12:13
Why not take skeleton horse archers? They got scout and can be a nuisance starting from turn 1.