PDA

View Full Version : What is to become of the Witchhunters (or, Sisters of Battle)

Desalbert
23-05-2011, 09:46
With the Grey Knights marking a kind of evolution of the Daemonhunters after having recieved a full treatment of their own, I wonder what the fate of the Witchhunters might be. Does anyone know what is to become of them? The inquisition book rumours of old seem to be impossible due to the shift from Daemonhunters to Grey Knights-- so what may come of the Sisters?

I have long thought to start a witch-hunters force, but again, with the release of the Grey Knights, can they be long for the game? will the be discontinued? Merged? re-released? Are there any signs either way?

EDIT: feeling a bit silly now seeing that one can find 28 or so pages discussing the potential future of the Sisters in the rumour section. That being the case, perhaps I might simply ask this question instead: Would you recommend I stay my interest in the Sisters and wait and see what happens, or should I consider building a force in uncertain times anyway?

wascloud
23-05-2011, 09:58
I think the word on the street (read: Internet) is that the sisters are getting a codex some time next year

Wishing
23-05-2011, 10:26
I think that the GK book sets a fairly believeable precedent for the notion that when/if the sisters ever get a new book, it will be a sisters book and not an ordo hereticus book. What does this mean exactly? Hard to say, but one thing that is as sure as anything can be is that a new codex will feature lots of battle sisters. As such, if you want to build an army right now rather than waiting, the smart thing to do is to make an army based on sisters and leave out anything specifically hereticus and non-sistery. That way the models you build now will still be useful under a potential new codex.

chromedog
23-05-2011, 10:48
I think the word on the street (read: Internet) is that the sisters are getting a codex some time next year

With a "get-you-buying" "update" in WD in a two-issue spread like the BA one.

Carlosophy
23-05-2011, 10:48
I fully expect a Codex: Sisters of Battle by the end of next year. I imagine it will be more Ecclesiarchy (like the 2E book) than Hereticus.

We'll probably see the return of the likes of St. Helena the Virtuous, Cardinal Armandas Helfire and Uriah Jacobus and the Frateris Militia alongside everything from the 3E book bar Arco Flagellants.

chromedog
23-05-2011, 10:51
Rumours are that the Ecclesiarchy characters that were sidelined from the 3rd ed codex brought back as well as the return of some older units (frateris militia).

andrewm9
23-05-2011, 13:57
With a "get-you-buying" "update" in WD in a two-issue spread like the BA one.

No one is really going to buy any Sisters models with a WD codex unles one of 2 things happens. The codex will have to be so awesome as to defy description or they will need to start selling new plastics. Word is that the plastics aren't ready unless some dramatic changes have happened since we last heard something from the design team. The current metals are too expensive to buy enmasse for an army. A squad of Sisters with a heavy flamer and special weapon along with a Sister Superior and their 7 fellow sisters along with a ride cost over 120 dollars US. Thats nearly double the price of a similarly built Space Marine squad.

Lord Inquisitor
23-05-2011, 14:19
The fact that the Ordo Hereticus inquisitors (especially Karamazov) got folded into the Grey Knights book suggests very much they won't be in any future Sisters of Battle book. That's about all we know now. I wouldn't be surprise if the whole Sisters-of-Battle-as-OH-chamber-militant thing got dropped entirely from the canon and just leave it that OH Inquisitors often draw on the sisters. Because it always was a very silly idea.

Sotek
14-06-2012, 00:38
Sorry to necro - but with the recent influx of rumours is there anything about SoB - last year we heard 2012 after the WD 'codex'.. yet no rumours...

Kulgur
14-06-2012, 08:16
I think the consensus is nothing this year, try again next year :(

shabbadoo
14-06-2012, 09:46
What is going to happen with S.oB. is that, when a friend of mine finally finishes cleaning, building, and painting up and painting his last metal S.o.B. model, a new codex and a whole slew of new plastic models will surely be announced. This has happened to him something like three times, with different armies/units.

So, I'll let you all know when he finishes his army, because there should be some sort of announcement within two weeks of that happening. :D

Don't be surprised if there is a Dark Eldar level of revamped kits released for Sisters/Witch Hunters this next time around for 6E, and I bet even I will be surprised at how far back some of the dates on the plastic sprues go. Besides, Jes Goodwin hasn't only been working on Dark Eldar, Tyranids, and the Ork Flier kit for the last few years. The Dark Eldar were a long time in coming, but what a payoff that was with regard to players being satisfied with their models. Given time, Jes and crew put out some amazing work, and they have had a lot of time. I think that bodes really, really well for Sisters/Witch Hunters.