PDA

View Full Version : Stand and Shoot - Pigeon Bombs

b4z
24-05-2011, 13:10
Simple question really...

Can Pigeon Bombs be used for a Stand and Shoot Charge Reaction?
[Empire Master Engineer]

If yes, is there any modifier to the specific roll of 5+

KimikoPT
24-05-2011, 13:46
Move-or-fire weapons cannot be used to S&S.

Deathbysoup
24-05-2011, 14:29
Move or fire weapons can be used to stand and shoot, in fact the BRB even uses empire handgunners(move or fire weapons) as an example in the stand and shoot section.

As for the pigeon bomb, I have no idea if it can stand and shoot im afraid.

Boreas_NL
24-05-2011, 14:57
I think they can't stand and shoot... I am pretty sure it's even mentioned in the description. Much like you can't use your Cannon or Mortars to stand and shoot.

Should be nice though... Just imagine what a mess that would cause!

I just finished a Master Engineer on a scenic base with a pigeon loft, check it out if you are interested...

Kalandros
24-05-2011, 15:11
"Slow to Fire" - Cannot Stand & Shoot
"Move or Fire" - Can Stand & Shoot

All war machines are Slow to Fire and Move or Fire

(There is no "d" in PIGEON)
"Pigeon Bombs are a missile weapon..."

Nothing else in the Empire book or FAQ suggests you cannot use it as a Stand & Shoot reaction.

b4z
27-05-2011, 17:38
Not really conclusive...?

stripsteak
27-05-2011, 18:44
Not really conclusive...?

"Pigeon Bombs are a missile weapon..."

Nothing else in the Empire book or FAQ suggests you cannot use it as a Stand & Shoot reaction.

if it's a missile weapon (as kalandros points out), and not slow to fire (only WM are this as far as i know) then it can be used. If it was just an item that is used like a shooting attack in the shooting phase but is not classed as a missile weapon it can't.

Mr_Rose
27-05-2011, 22:59
Yeah, doesn't look like there's any of the normal "no you can't do this" rules and all of the normal "yeah, go on" rules, so...

Thing is, given the extreme unreliability of that damned pigeon, I'd rather just throw the bomb its carrying like a grenade. And maybe the bird too.

Kalandros
28-05-2011, 00:53
Well, at least its a great defensive thing if you haven't used it yet AND the Engineer still gets a Look Out, Sir! if near a war machine since its a template attack on himself, if he happens to have the pigeon come back to him :D