PDA

View Full Version : 1600 Points Dwarf scouts list

calnen
24-05-2011, 23:28
This is for an 'achievements' tournament next month. It's a slightly silly list, but hopefully fun to play - and will definately make a change from my normal (balanced) dwarf lists.

Bugman (155)
Thane, BSB, MRO Challenge, RO Brotherhood, Shield, RO Stone (142)
44 Longbeard Rangers, GW, FC (641)
46 Rangers, GW, FC (531)
10 Quarellers, GW (130)
(1599)

Deployment: Sit the Quarellers on a hill somewhere. They're only there to make up the minimum 3 units really. Then watch the enemy deploy their army.
Both characters scout with the Longbeards. Where my units go would depend on the enemy, but ideally deploy both Hordes away from their nastiest unit, so I can munch through their weaker / support units for a turn or two.
On the first turn, force the enemy to charge using MRO Challenge. So I'm getting stuck straight into combat on turn one, and hopefully my 92 Dwarves last longer than the enemy formations!
My main worry is lack of magic defence. I have my innate +2 to dispel rolls, but thats it. I could take a defensive runesmith to sit with the quarellers, but it's removing more bodies from the combat blocks and I want them to stay above the magic 30 bodies as long as possible.

So, what do you think? Any suggestions? Seem like it would make for 3 fun games? (BTW, I have no idea who I'll be facing!)

popisdead
24-05-2011, 23:38
No miners? With a 5-15" charge range I'd assume people would take them now.

I have always wanted to play a Dwarf Scout list.

Is the Gyrocopter nerfed? I would guess it must have an application in 8th ed.

GreenSpeed
25-05-2011, 04:03
Its a very cool and fluffy list, no actually suggestions but would be very interested in how it faired

calnen
25-05-2011, 17:32
No miners? With a 5-15" charge range I'd assume people would take them now.

I have always wanted to play a Dwarf Scout list.

Is the Gyrocopter nerfed? I would guess it must have an application in 8th ed.

Miners: They would make more sense, but I get a bonus 'achievement' point for not having any special or rare choices. I might still swap the Quarellers for a unit though, to be annoying at the back or lend support after a turn or two.

The Gyrocopter is very expensive (twice as much as a salamander, 3 times as much as a Great Eagle..) and can't shoot if it moves more than 10 inches. I do intend to give one a go at some point though; if it reaches the enemy, it should do decent damage.

calnen
25-05-2011, 17:33
Its a very cool and fluffy list, no actually suggestions but would be very interested in how it faired

Thanks :) It's not for another 2 weeks, but I'll resurrect the thread afterwards.