PDA

View Full Version : 2400 Warriors of chaos ETC

Szemi
25-05-2011, 16:10
Hello fellow warseer user's! This is my first list on warseer and i would like to have some comments about it. I have been playing woc for ages almost from the start of my warhammer hobby. This list might be used on our large gaming tournament in october if i can make to there, depends of work. List is made out of model's that i got on my collection.

Sorcerer lord = 365
Lv.4, MoT, Enchanted shield, Spell familiar, Talisman of preservation

Exalted hero = 204
Bsb, MoT, Shield, Halberd, Armour of destiny

20 x Chaos warriors = 390
Full command, Shield, MoT, Rapturous standard

12 x Chaos warriors = 264
Full command, Shield, Halberds, MoK

30 x Chaos marauders = 200
Full command, Gw, MoK

5 x Chaos knights = 260
Standard bearer, Musician, MoN

5 x Chaos knights = 260
Standard bearer, Musician, MoN

Giant = 245
MoT

Hellcannon = 205

Total points: 2393

I still have chariot, Exalted hero on steed and foot, two sorcerers to use with my list. Two terror cousing units could be fun on the field so i think this year, that i would give a try. what do you think of this list fellow gamers?

thesheriff
25-05-2011, 19:29
Well, i dont like giants. Especially giants that cost 245pts.

I woudl get rid of him. Add some kit. Give the sorcerer lord stream of corruption. And then invest in a defensive mage. Sorcerer, lv.2, Infernal puppet, MOT, Talismain of protection, Third eye of tzeentch (215). Espensive, but worth in in my mind. Getting your opponents spells is very useful, but a bit rubbish when you have invested all your points in a model with 5 spells from a great lore. Having the back up is great. and, puppet is awsome too.

Id always take MOK on the knights. The extra attacks when one rank big is invaluable.

Its a shame you havent got any more marauders. 50 is optimum number really. if i advise you to buy anything for the tournamnet, get a box of marauders.

thesheriff

GreenSpeed
25-05-2011, 23:21
Seconded on the giant, he's a pretty soft choice. A second mage at 2400 is also a useful.

Two units of knights aren't really optimum either, consider one unit of 7 with the banner of rare. The rest of the points are better invested in more marauders or khorne warriors with halberds to strengthen your line.

Quinn
25-05-2011, 23:50
I agree that dropping the Giant is wise. Terror has very little impact in 8th, especially against tournament armies. Personally, I would drop the Spell Familiar and add the Puppet to your level 4, Swap the Enchanted Shield for a Charmed Shield (good against being sniped by a WM) for a 2+/3+ Save which is enough. This will give you more freedom of movement for the short-range Tzeentch spells.
I would stick with the 2 characters, I'm not in favor of character heavy WoC builds. If you can get the models, beef the Khorne Warriors and the Marauders up, you also need the Flaming banner on something...the Khorne Warriors are a good spot.
If you have the points, add a couple throwaway units of Dogs for deployment fills, redirection and taking care of Fanatics, etc.
Knights should be Khorne or Nurgle w Banner of Rage to maximize their attack potential, if you're worried about Frenzy use the Dogs to screen.

Szemi
26-05-2011, 06:21
Thank you for very good advices. I did some changes to the list. Now i have three big units of infantry and one hitty unit of knights, i also added sorcerer for more magic support to my list. What do you think of this list now?

Sorcerer lord = 355
Lv.4, MoT, Charmed shield, Infernal puppet , Talisman of preservation

Exalted hero = 204
Bsb, MoT, Shield, Halberd, Armour of destiny

Chaos sorcerer = 190
Lv.2, MoT, Dispel scroll, Third eye of tzeentch

Full command, Shield, MoT, Rapturous standard

21 x Chaos warriors = 427
Full command, Shield, Halberds, MoK, Banner of eternal flame

40 x Chaos marauders = 250
Full command, Gw, MoK

7 x Chaos knights = 375
Standard bearer, Musician, MoN, Banner of rage

Hellcannon = 205

Total points: 2396

thesheriff
26-05-2011, 08:30
ALOT better. One last thing, give the lv.4 back the spell familiar, and give the lv. 2 Infernal puppet. i have found that with people thrwoing so many dice at irresistibling, the spells you would need a scroll on, you cant stop, where as the throw away magic missiles are easily stopped by your lv.4.

And blasted standard is really good on tzeentch warriors. But i can see why you want rapturous.

Eta
26-05-2011, 12:35
The list is missing two or three units of five Chaos Hounds. Drop three warriors from the Khorne unit and the champion from the marauders, that will give you at least two units.

Nickthebear
26-05-2011, 12:44
I wouldnt go with hounds id say marauder horsemen,not much more expensive but they can harass alot better with javelins. Yeah giant be gone...terror is no good and its alot of easy points for your opponent more then anything. Also just mentioning the tournament in October is 2k limit im afraid. Im going myself and already looked it up. if im wrong (please tell me i am) then let me know and let me know where to look (btw i assume you meant the throne of skulls in October)

GreenSpeed
26-05-2011, 13:30
I would second two units of hounds, they are very good for 60pts, they serve as extra deployments, can go after warmachines and kill things like fanatics and mangler squigs that would ruin your army otherwise.

Other than that looks like a very solid list

Tregar
26-05-2011, 13:45
Pretty good army now. Just add 3rd Eye to your Lord so he can steal nasty enemy spells (For when Gateway is not ftw!) and maybe the breath attack for your BSB to give him extra killiness and you're all set :D

Van Horstmann
26-05-2011, 14:50
Throne of Skulls is 2,400 points.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=9200004

kizzer2288
26-05-2011, 14:57
The throne of skulls in October is 100% 2400 points as it has been put on the website in community and events page then throne of skulls it tells you there mate.

Szemi
26-05-2011, 16:55
I wouldnt go with hounds id say marauder horsemen,not much more expensive but they can harass alot better with javelins. Yeah giant be gone...terror is no good and its alot of easy points for your opponent more then anything. Also just mentioning the tournament in October is 2k limit im afraid. Im going myself and already looked it up. if im wrong (please tell me i am) then let me know and let me know where to look (btw i assume you meant the throne of skulls in October)

I would prefer marauder horsemen more than hounds. I would love to join tournaments like throne of skulls, but it's too far away for my wallet (To get there from finland would cost fortune) :) But thx for the invitation mate :)

I might exchange infernal puppet and 3rd eye between sorcerers and drop the scroll. Hounds or marauder horsemens might be good purchase on the list. Lets keep it on mind.

Eta
26-05-2011, 21:13
I wouldnt go with hounds id say marauder horsemen,not much more expensive but they can harass alot better with javelins.

You can get three units of five Chaos Hounds for the price of one well equipped unit of Marauder Horsemen (flails, throwing spears, musician, Mark of Slaanesh) and still have some points left over. I call that much more expensive.

thesheriff
26-05-2011, 21:56
IMO, what horsmen gain in 5 S3 shots a turn and a 5+ armour save, they lose in points. Take the 3 units of hounds any day.

Eta's right, quantity has a quality all of it's own.

Silver Bullet
28-05-2011, 06:03
Everybody is right about the giant being dead in 8th edition. that is to bad i loved the giant.... But wait the giant can still be used!

I use my painted giants and demon princes for unit fillers. put them in the back ranks or the middle and use them to take up slots. they make your units look better and they save you money.

Nickthebear
28-05-2011, 06:21
Just saw about the 2400 yay I'm wrong lol.oh and isn't armour of destin heavy armour, so wouldn't that replace the chaos armour?

Althwen
28-05-2011, 07:10
yeah, don't take armour of destiny... take the 5++ amulet from the BRB instead and you got yourself a 4++ on a tzeentch exalted. That's plenty and you won't lose that 1+ armour save versus large amounts of low strength attacks.

I for one prefer the Blood of Tzeentch over the Puppet. Preventing your miscasts is better than mitigating their results. But of course you also lose the ability to screw you opponent's sorcerers.

Also, my Sorceror zips around the battlefield on a disc with the Breath Weapon gift. With a 2+ armour save and a 3++ you're safe from practically anything. (of course my metagame doesnt include a lot of cannons).

Szemi
28-05-2011, 08:09
isn't armour of destin heavy armour, so wouldn't that replace the chaos armour?

Yes it is an heavy armour and it replaces chaos armour, but i will keep it for the 3+ ward save (With MoT), it has saved my bsb many times. I changed my list a little bit so here's the new one, this might be the list that i will use in the future. It seems very solid and hitty for me right now, but i will see it truly when i field them on the battlefield.

Sorcerer lord = 330
Lv.4, MoT, Charmed shield, Talisman of preservation, Ironcurse icon, Warrior bane

Chaos sorcerer = 200
Lv.2, MoT, Infernal puppet, Third eye of tzeentch

Exalted hero = 224
Bsb, Shield, Halberd, MoT, Armour of destiny, Stream of corruption

Fc, Shield, MoT, Rapturous standard

18 x Chaos warriors = 364
Fc, Halberd, Shield, MoK, Banner of eternal flame

40 x Chaos marauders = 250
Fc, Gw, MoK

5 x Chaos warhounds = 30

5 x Chaos warhounds = 30

7 x Chaos knights = 375
Standard bearer, Musician, MoN, Banner of rage

Hellcannon = 205

Total points: 2398

thesheriff
28-05-2011, 08:24
Looks solid.

Silver Bullet
28-05-2011, 21:34
i mite be wrong here but with all your heros and lords being MOT and all your units being MOK you cant join the units. i dont know if im wrong but this could be a problem for the BSB but not for the wizz.

thesheriff
28-05-2011, 21:37
i mite be wrong here but with all your heros and lords being MOT and all your units being MOK you cant join the units. i dont know if im wrong but this could be a problem for the BSB but not for the wizz.

Your wrong. No such restrictions anymore.

Silver Bullet
28-05-2011, 21:42
well i wrong thanks for letting me know. must have been an old rule or something that i steamed up in my head.

Szemi
29-05-2011, 17:44
well i wrong thanks for letting me know. must have been an old rule or something that i steamed up in my head.

Yeap, it was on the old armybook horders of chaos, but they changed it for the new edition.