PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Dwarf list 2500

DeamonClaw
27-05-2011, 17:49
I made a post a cople days ago in the general section asking a bit of help choosing a army to make a defensive list after receiving this help i decided to give dwarfs a go this is what i came up with but ... i'm kinde scared it ended up beeing a normal list with a potential of playing defensive rather then beeing a defensive list.

the list:

Dwarf Lord @ 253 pts
shieldbearers
shield
rune of stone
Master rune of spite
rune of speed
rune of fury

thane @ 170 pts
bsb
rune of guarding
master rune of Grungni

runesmith @ 122 pts
shield
Master rune of balance

Dwarf Lord @ 241 pts
Great Weapon
master rune of swiftness
rune of fury
rune of striking
rune of iron x 2

24 longbeards @ 314 pts
command
rune of stoicism

15 quarrelers @ 180 pts
shields

15 quarrelers @ 180 pts
shields

18 hammerers @ 276 pts
command
rune of sanctuary x 2

1 Cannon @ 150 pts
engeneer
rune of forging
rune of reloading

24 ironbreakers @ 367 pts
command
rune of stoicism

organ gun @ 145 pts
rune of penetrating

organ gun @ 185 pts
rune of penetrating
master rune of defence

The idea behind this is:
- keep the general safe within the unit of hammerers.
- shuttle the none general lord forwards with the ironbreakers.
- the runesmith will be in the longbeard unit.
- shoot heavy armoured units with cannons and OG.
- shoot light armoured units with quarrellers.
- the BSB will not be in a unit and try to protect the units a bit with his banner rune.

grtz
DeamonClaw

thesheriff
27-05-2011, 17:54
Organ guns cant have runes.

thesheriff

DeamonClaw
27-05-2011, 17:57
Organ guns cant have runes.

thesheriff
>< must have missread damnit ....

edited the original list after some toying with charachters with the points i got from deleting that mistake

eron12
27-05-2011, 18:09
Welcome to dwarfs! I hope you enjory the army, as they are fun to run (the army, not the dwarfs themselves, they don't have fun running, short legs and all) That being said there are quite a few problems I noticed in the list, mostly because you are new to the army.

The first thing I noticed is that you gave two units with just the rune of stoicism, and you can only have the same combination of runes on an item once.

The second thing I noticed is that you used the rune of stoicism, which as been removed by FAQ due to unit strength not existing anymore.

This frees up one of your longbeard units to take the Master Rune of Grungni, so your BSB doesn't have to take a runic standard and can take some deffensive runes like the Master Rune of Gromril, and some runes of Iron, or rune of preservation.

You also gave runes to the Organ Guns, which can't have any, only cannons, bolthrowers, and grudge throwers may have enginneering runes, so that's an extra 100+ points to use.

Your lord has an armor save of 0+, so either the shield or the rune of stone can be dropped.

I'm not sure what your non-BSB thane is intended for. Also, unless using the Master Rune of Krag the Grim all runic weapons lose their non-runic abilities, so don't take a great weapon if you are going to put runes on it.

Not putting the BSB in a unit is asking it to be shot to death.

I think the hammerer unit is too small for 8th ed, and will be chopped up or ground down. The over all rareity of GWs in the list will make it hard to kill things.

I would recomend dropping a unit of quarellers and using those points and the extra rune points to bump up the number of models in the fighting units. 20-25 men in a fighting block seems very small for 2500.

DeamonClaw
27-05-2011, 18:17
wauw an awsome 5 minutes til i felt like a totaly idiot :p

anyways thanks for the tips and instructions to what i did totaly wrong ><

but its back to the drawing table for me ....

DeamonClaw
27-05-2011, 19:46
ok keeping in mind what was already said i came up with the following.

the new list:

Dwarf Lord 248
shieldbearers
shield
Master rune of spite
rune of speed
rune of fury

thane 115
bsb
Master rune of gromril

runelord 193
shield
Master rune of balance

deamon slayer 110

28 longbeards 411
command
master rune of Grungni
shields

16 quarrelers 192
shields

15 quarrelers 180
shields

28 hammerers 396
command
rune of sanctuary x 2

24 Troll slayers 264

Cannon 150
engeneer
rune of forging
rune of reloading

organ gun 120

organ gun 120

tried to buff up the units size wise and get some more fighting power in the list, to do this i dropped the ironbreakers and the non bsb thane switched them out for a naked deamonslayer with some troll slayer buddies. this opend up some points to buff both the longbeard and the hammerers unit a bit. after getting a new rune for the bsb i also had some points left to make the runesmith a runelord for an extra dispel dice.

the hammeres will still be the bodyguards to the general. the bsb will join the runelord in the longbeard unit.

i have 2 fears if i look at this list:
- only got 5 units in a 2500 army :/ seems low.
- i started with a i want a defensive list idea, think thats no longer true.

grtz
DeamonClaw