PDA

View Full Version : Infernal Puppet question

PurpleSun
28-05-2011, 03:39
The description for Infernal Puppet says that it can be used to modify any roll on the miscast table made by any mage on the battlefiend by up to d3. Does that mean you can also modify the d6 rolls on the table, such as the one to determine if your wizard is removed from the game, or the one that determines how many dice are lost from your power pool?

Seems like I might be stretching it, but it also seems like a legitimate reading of the plain language of the Puppet. Thoughts?

Necromancy Black
28-05-2011, 03:42
Those roll are not on the miscast table. Only the original 2d6 is teh roll on the miscast table, the rolls afterwords are not rolling on the table, but are the effects that occur.

AMWOOD co
28-05-2011, 05:13
Necromancy Black is correct, and I wouldn't be looking for any more out of the Puppet anyway. As if steering miscasts in your favour every time wasn't enough... actually it isn't that's why we have the Black Tongue as well to force more miscasts.

theunwantedbeing
28-05-2011, 10:35
As if steering miscasts in your favour every time wasn't enough... actually it isn't that's why we have the Black Tongue as well to force more miscasts.

Dont forget Pandemonium to give an armywide only-affects-the-enemy ring of hotek spell.

T10
28-05-2011, 22:24
Sure, the Black Tongue is... Nice. But in my experience, Wizards are a lot less likely to fail the casting attempt these days. The Loss of Concentration rule seems to make players a lot more cautios when casting spells. You can't cast a lot of spells if your first spell fails...

sulla
28-05-2011, 23:12
The puppet is plenty powerful enough these days anyway. A modification of +/-3 can get any result out of an average miscast result of 7...