PDA

View Full Version : 2k slayer army

Adam87
29-05-2011, 12:50
I realy liked the old slayer army in the storm of chaos book, and have been trying to work out an army like that from the dwarf book. I come up with this.

Daemon slayer, master rune of smiting, 2 rune of speed.

190pts

This guy is my big hero killer. With the runes of speed should mean he fights at worse the same time as most hero, lords. The slayer rules means I should never need more than a 4+ to wound and doing d6 wounds.

Runesmith, 2 rune of spellbreaking, rune of shielding.

145pts

My runesmith will go with goblin hewer at the back of my army out of harms way. The 2+ ward from rune of shielding should make my goblin hewer realy hard to shoot down.

20 Quarrellers, great weapons, banner.

270pts

20 Quarrellers, great weapons, banner.

270pts

Both units will go10 wide sp they can all shoot. I give them great weapons so they can support my slayers in the flank.

30 Slayers.

330pts

30 Slayers.

330pts

30 Slayers.

330pts

Goblin hewer.

130pts

Do you think it could work? Any tips for me. Cheers.

Time of Madness
29-05-2011, 13:09
Here's some tips as I've tinkered with slayer lists in the past.

- Use units of thunderers instead of x-bows. 2 units of 20 thunderers with full command. This way you can represent them using the slayer pirate models.

- I prefer taking a dwarf lord instead of the runesmith and using the lord as the general. Throw him in one of the thunderer units.

- Play with 2 hewers, but use the rules for stone throws. That way you can add an engineer and runes.

Hope that helps a bit.
Time of Madness

Adam87
31-05-2011, 15:08
Here's some tips as I've tinkered with slayer lists in the past.

- Use units of thunderers instead of x-bows. 2 units of 20 thunderers with full command. This way you can represent them using the slayer pirate models.

- I prefer taking a dwarf lord instead of the runesmith and using the lord as the general. Throw him in one of the thunderer units.

- Play with 2 hewers, but use the rules for stone throws. That way you can add an engineer and runes.

Hope that helps a bit.
Time of Madness

I realy dont like thunderers, everytime I have used them they have done bad. What about if I swaped out one xbow unit with a unit of longbead rangers with throwing axes?

I wanted the runesmith for the anti magic too.

I would do that with the goblin hewers but I only have one model, plus I like the rules for the hewer.