PDA

View Full Version : pre heresy landing craft

kickboxerdog
29-05-2011, 17:10
hey all is there a pre heresy landing craft i could convert for my thousand sons, i thought about the stormbird but since it carrires about 300 marines it not really useable in games???

im also basing my pre heresy thousand sons on the grey knights, i have interceptors in the army but what would be best way to convert them( i think the back packs look to new age, or would they be on sayiong there a experimental pack powered by the psyhic powers of the thousand sons?;)

drear
29-05-2011, 17:32
id go for somthing small, the aquilla lander on forgeworld eminds me of the emperors childrens personal trasnport,..

pre heresey it was genrally large l;anders though wasnt it?

kickboxerdog
29-05-2011, 17:34
yeah i think it was, i got a storm raven already, so prob gonna convert it to be more thousand son looking

FabricatorGeneralMike
30-05-2011, 05:59
hey all is there a pre heresy landing craft i could convert for my thousand sons, i thought about the stormbird but since it carrires about 300 marines it not really useable in games???

im also basing my pre heresy thousand sons on the grey knights, i have interceptors in the army but what would be best way to convert them( i think the back packs look to new age, or would they be on sayiong there a experimental pack powered by the psyhic powers of the thousand sons?;)

A Stormbird carries 50 marines. It's stated in the story 'Rules of Engagement' in the HH Age of Darkness anthology. The marine in the story is questioning the sturdiness of the new mass produced Thunderhawk and he was also lamenting that he could only cary 30 instead of 50 marines now.

I would love to see you make a stormbird. Then seem to be so individualized that you could make it out of just about anything as long as it looks cool. =o]

MOMUS
30-05-2011, 07:33
Im currently making an assault boat for my abhuman/xenos 'guard' check my plog for details.
It will be good to see what comes of this thread.

kickboxerdog
30-05-2011, 10:24
A Stormbird carries 50 marines. It's stated in the story 'Rules of Engagement' in the HH Age of Darkness anthology. The marine in the story is questioning the sturdiness of the new mass produced Thunderhawk and he was also lamenting that he could only cary 30 instead of 50 marines now.

I would love to see you make a stormbird. Then seem to be so individualized that you could make it out of just about anything as long as it looks cool. =o]

aww awarsome thanks , im just about to start to read age of darkness, so will be good to have a good refrence point, cheers

kickboxerdog
30-05-2011, 10:25
Im currently making an assault boat for my abhuman/xenos 'guard' check my plog for details.
It will be good to see what comes of this thread.

awarsome i will have a look, cheers

AlexHeap
30-05-2011, 11:57
If your looking a building a stormbird there's a brilliant one on Tanks and Trolls:

http://www.tanksandtrolls.co.uk/40k%20Stormbird%20Troop%20Transport.htm

It looks truly impressive and has a log of how it was built.

Tinners
30-05-2011, 15:31
AFAIK the Caestus or whatever from FW dates from the great crusade era, so suppose its pre heresy then?

Horus Aximand
30-05-2011, 15:31

However in Horus Rising does it not state that a stormbird transported Loken's battle company to battle? That was what, 300 Astartes?

castellanash
30-05-2011, 15:58
Yeah use the tanks and trolls thing for inspiration, I've seen the real thing and it looked amazing... So much better in the flesh so to speak than in those pics...

kickboxerdog
31-05-2011, 22:56
im thinking about doing a smaller version on a stormbird , im gonna get a storm raven kit and a valkarie and kit bash the 2 together , gonna start with the basic shape of the storm raven then build the cockpit of the valkarie to place on top of the stormraven hull then find a way to build a kinda twin turbine engines between the 2 sets of wings from the kits.

FabricatorGeneralMike
03-06-2011, 00:12
im thinking about doing a smaller version on a stormbird , im gonna get a storm raven kit and a valkarie and kit bash the 2 together , gonna start with the basic shape of the storm raven then build the cockpit of the valkarie to place on top of the stormraven hull then find a way to build a kinda twin turbine engines between the 2 sets of wings from the kits.

I can't wait to see what you come up with. Just remember pic's or it never happened. ;)