PDA

View Full Version : Eldar HQ...please help identify models!

Aeron
31-05-2011, 10:56
Hey, guys! I was looking at some of the finecast reviews on youtube. This one to be precise;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KElLt5FEqkA

I have nothing to do with the video - it's not me! But damn!!! That's a nice model :eek: I started looking at other Eldar videos and saw this filmed at GW Nottingham;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfAphhOBLTU&feature=related

I cannot seem to find the model in red at the centre with wind swept hair at 0:25 secs also I cannot find the model at 0:31 also in red. I'm talking about the UK online store, do you suppose the item is being redone in finecast as we speak?? It's absolutely vanished from the Eldar section....

....Some of the Eldar range looks abit ropey (especially compared to DE) but the HQ's are supurb looking, love those back flags. (+1 to banshees aswell)

Sorry i'm rambling now.

Many thanks.

Nate.

Gazak Blacktoof
31-05-2011, 11:47
The first is a limited edition autarch, the second is the limited edition bonesinger. Do a search on ebay and they'll probably pop up, though expect to pay a big wad of cash for the bonesinger.

BigBarryJazz
31-05-2011, 11:48
The Autarch at 0:25 was limited to a certain army deal and couldn't be bought individually. The Bonesinger at 0:31 was only on sale for a limited time a while back. Unless they include rules for Bonesingers in the next codex, I doubt we'll see either of them for sale again. Unless you're willing to pay through the nose for them on ebay or the like, you'll have to take comfort in the fact that one of them has no rules and the Autarch has no mandi-hat and probably wouldn't have seen much use. They are lovely models though.

Edit: Dammit, ninjad.

I feel like I need a Mr. Flibble avatar for some reason.

Lord Damocles
31-05-2011, 11:51
You can get them both on eBay at the moment. They're not cheap though <-understatement

You could always try the trading forums here on Warseer.

Aeron
31-05-2011, 11:54
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!! 40 buy now, each on Ebay....:eek::eek: Haha I like them but not that much!!

Massive thanks guys! I saw them pop in a GW article on the website so had no idea they were limited edition.....trust GW to use models one cannot realistically buy...:shifty:

Cheers.

Nate.

shadow hunter
31-05-2011, 14:45
40??? I have one of those bonesingers still in its blister.

GW sent me a replacement because the original I bought had a miscast flute thing. I asked if I could be sent a new flute - and got the whole model again!!!!

The Limited Ed Autarch I've got too - but I put a warp spider backpack on him rather than the rubbish flags.

Aeron
31-05-2011, 14:58
40??? I have one of those bonesingers still in its blister.

Get him on Ebay boyo!! Of course the 40 Buy now price is just greedy ebay sellers - there are others on there for much less but i didnt want to wait 2 days to find out the final price, and post it here :p

The Limited Ed Autarch I've got too - but I put a warp spider backpack on him rather than the rubbish flags.

Noooo you heathen, those flags are fantastic :evilgrin:

I think the really like the sightly oriental them of the DE - all the sails on the raiders etc. I never realised until yesterday that the Eldar have the same feel (ish) But I suppose most of the things dont as the characters were made after everything else....who knows maybe the new Eldar will expand on this theme...

Nate.

shadow hunter
31-05-2011, 15:18
I see a more egyptian theme with craftworld eldar. Mostly the farseers and direavengers.

The special edition Autarch is nice - its just a shame he came with a scorpion chainsword - as I fight marines and similar too often for him to be useful. If I use an Autarch - one of my power weapon weilding (and normally mandiblaster helmet) options get the nod.

cynic
31-05-2011, 15:23
I've got a couple of the ltd Autarch, both off ebay for about 12 each, you just have to be patient/lucky. I use one of them as a Yriel proxy.

Still trying to get the bonesinger though :)

shadow hunter
31-05-2011, 15:34
I use my first Bonesinger as a farseer. The mishapen flute was a seperate piece anyway - which I simply swapped for a shuriken pistol.

I'm keeping my actual bonesinger in blister incase rules ever came out for it.

Aeron
31-05-2011, 16:24
I see a more egyptian theme with craftworld eldar. Mostly the farseers and direavengers.

I always thought the Dire avengers looked greek/romanesque.

The special edition Autarch is nice - its just a shame he came with a scorpion chainsword - as I fight marines and similar too often for him to be useful. If I use an Autarch - one of my power weapon weilding (and normally mandiblaster helmet) options get the nod.

People arnt that bad are they? It's a power weapon....it looks like a sword...a chainsword looks like a sword....I personally wouldnt give two hoots. It's a sword use it as w/e sword you want (inc wargear). I'm glad I play nids where things are more messy and hard to identify :D

I've got a couple of the ltd Autarch, both off ebay for about 12 each, you just have to be patient/lucky. I use one of them as a Yriel proxy.

Thanks, sounds like some good deals. I'll have to keep an eye out for them, hopefully when the new Eldar are release the character will updated and look even more varied and awesome!!! Although that could take years!

Still trying to get the bonesinger though :)

We'll if I aquire it before you i'll let you know, loudly :p

Cheers

Nate.

shadow hunter
31-05-2011, 16:41
My opponents are fine with it. Unfortunantly it is myself that is so anal, lol.

I really hate not having my models equipped with the actual wargear. I will always try to ensure the model I use represents my choice in the army list exactly (apart from grenades etc).

Apart from looks - and everyone being able to clearly see what's there - it makes it easier for me to remember what everyone's got and not make mistakes during the games.

The trouble is a lot of my opponents due to hectic lives play rarely. So they rely on me to remember stats, rules and abilities on behalf of everyone. Even their own codex. I dont mind it - but its easier if everything looks as it is.

wilsongrahams
31-05-2011, 19:51
I bought both the GW Autarchs, stuck on a Dire Avenger Exarch head and puttied the hair and it looks close enough to that rare model. The spares allowed me to make another Autarch so I wasn't wasting anything too. I think it ends up with a power weapon instead of a chainsword however but that's better.

BZenwrath
07-06-2011, 19:29
I just have to say, thanks for putting my video in this thread. I was going over my statistics for my channel and saw that i had a referral from warseer and was like, wait, i didn't do that. I just thought i'd stop by and say thanks.

FarseerBeilTan
09-06-2011, 23:58
The second was a bonesinger from the Eldar Army box when the codex got redone in 2006. Saw one go on ebay for 30 a while back so they are expensive if you want one. They would however make a really good Farseer

Dronevil
10-06-2011, 17:10
I use my Bonesinger as a Farseer, although not often since I have at least 3 other Farseer models. And Eldrad.