PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party Sculpts, What would you like to see?

Crynn
01-06-2011, 00:58
So I am seriously thinking of starting a sculpted range of minis for all the ones that GW F up or don't produce because I am sick of single sculpt blister models like the new gortesques with only one realtively static model. I have been refining my sculpting skills for a while and I would like to think I am getting reasonably good.

I'm looking to get an idea of who or how many people would consider buying a 3rd party sculpt, obviously presuming it was a good sculpt. With a grotesque for example maybe a set of 3 different bodies, legs and heads, a few weapon assorments posing options and maybe priced around the equivilant of 2 grotesques for the 3 with all their weapon and bits options and a very good cast quality? This as aposed to the single model with little to no posing ability and almost no customization.

What models, would you like to see sculpted that are not in the current range, or what models would you like to see re-sculpted?

I am frustrated for wolves players with no thunder cav sisters of battle (though I expect them to come out soon) no poseable storm troopers and dark eldar players with half of their models in metal (now finecast), and personaly I think the grotesque looks rather average.

So what would you guys like to see or consider purchasing? Obviously in this forum I am looking at marine models 'or bits'.

Regards,

Crynn

PS: If there is interest I will post some previous sculpts and a personal one I am currently working on. Then I will start sculpting the models and look to all of you for feedback in regards to the sculpts and pieces so that you actually have a say in the look of the models you want!

Shadow Nugz
01-06-2011, 01:39
Perhaps some Tyranid models?

baphomael
01-06-2011, 02:32
I've no problem with 3rd party sculpts or 3rd party conversion parts, but be careful. Don't market them as obviously being alternate or gap-fillers for GW ranges. Just look at the legal trouble chapterhouse studios got into.

Whatever you do, it can't be too close to GW intellectual property or you can expect a cease and desist letter. Whatever you do, you've got to make it fairly generic (or at least, fitting within your own aesthetic).

Mannimarco
01-06-2011, 03:05
Yep you gotta learn to skirt around the naming issue.

Dont call them "greatcoat imperial guard" call them "greatcoat sci fi infantrymen". Its not a "tervigon" its an "alien brood mother" etc.

MajorWesJanson
01-06-2011, 03:22
A new Female commissar. As long as you leave off any aquilla, you can even call it a commissar, as it could be Red Army equally as Guard.

AlexHolker
01-06-2011, 03:27
Unfortunately, while I have no problem buying third party miniatures, it's a lack of plastics and not metal or resin that is causing me trouble.

Crynn
01-06-2011, 03:55
Unfortunately, while I have no problem buying third party miniatures, it's a lack of plastics and not metal or resin that is causing me trouble.

They will be resin sprues, so different options for models as well as posing. Let me worry about the naming and IP infrigements it is something I am looking into and I think I can work around. For now I am after ideas or mainly models you would like to see.

Tyranid models were suggested, great, lets get specific though!

Remember once I get an idea of what everyone wants I can begin sculpting them and you guys can give feedback on the actual sculpts!

Think of what you don't like in the range or what is not in the range. For instance someone suggested wraithguard which I have now drawn up my own designs for.

Regards,

Crynn

dashzed
01-06-2011, 04:23
Ok how about for starters the Tervigon? I think we can all agree that needs a model badly.

zantis
01-06-2011, 06:44
units that need models because they dont already have one:
-thundercav
-tervigon
-harpy
-parasite of mortrex
-tyranid prime
-swarmlord
-DoM
-yealers
-tyrannofex
-baron sathonyx
-court of the archon
-duke sliscus
-decapitator
-lady malys
-trueborn
-bloodbrides
-kugath plaguefather
-skarbrand

units that desperately need a resculpt
-fiends of slaanesh
-stormraven
-mandrakes
-wraithguard
-ratlings (seriously, 40k hobbits?)
-broodlords. the big hug/victory scream is getting really old

I'm sure if you made cheap, nice looking sculpts of any of these, people would buy them. As others have said, be very careful on the naming thing, chapter house almost went down in flames because of naming issues.

stroller
01-06-2011, 07:04
It would be a minority interest. I do have other figure ranges, as I play other games too. I occasionally use Starship Trooper bugs as close combat Tyranid warriors (I like the models). I have 4 reaper figures as bases for Sslyth & "The Serpent". I used AT-43 figures as grotesques once, but that was really an excuse to get into AT-43. A LONG time ago I used Havoc robots when I couldnt afford dreadnaughts. Including the SST bugs (all of them in one game) I've probably fielded 30 non GW figures tops, including the odd jeep. I don't know how many figures I have, but I have 30 GW army cases across the 3 main systems, and 10 "other". Like I say, a minority interest.

I'd buy: a) if I liked the sculpt b) if I didn't like the GW sculpt AND couldnt do a conversion and c) quality and price were right. I also have to say I'm generally sceptical: I have seen a lot of fairly horrendous stuff, a lot that's OK, but for GW purposes specifically, I've actually parted with cash for 4 figures. To the OP, I also guess that shipping costs from Australia would, in my case, knock you out on price.

Crynn
01-06-2011, 07:12
-thundercav
-tervigon
-harpy
-parasite of mortrex
-tyranid prime
-swarmlord
-DoM
-yealers
-tyrannofex
-baron sathonyx
-court of the archon
-duke sliscus
-decapitator
-lady malys
-trueborn
-bloodbrides
-kugath plaguefather
-skarbrand

units that desperately need a resculpt
-fiends of slaanesh
-stormraven
-mandrakes
-wraithguard
-broodlords. the big hug/victory scream is getting really old

I'm sure if you made cheap, nice looking sculpts of any of these, people would buy them. As others have said, be very careful on the naming thing, chapter house almost went down in flames because of naming issues.

Some great ones there mate. Funnily enough I have done the re-deign for the wraithguard already. Their working name is 'Boneseer Golums' although I'm not sure if renaming them is going to be enough, I need to work out how close these models can look to their originals especially in the case of tyranid models still looking like tyranids but being their own thing. Keep up the ideas guys even if they have already been expresses, that way I know the level of demand.

Regards,

Crynn

Isfimbur
01-06-2011, 08:30
I think I speak for a whole lot of chaos/daemon players both in fantasy and 40k when I say we need new Plague Bearers.

fataljd
01-06-2011, 12:58
Essentially, I'd like to see more female sculpts - female farseers (although i kitbashed one), female imperial guard (especially drivers/pilots/officers), inquisitors, even more daemonettes. They don't have to have the typical beachball boobs but rather just be feminine.

magath
01-06-2011, 14:29
I'l like to see some sisters. Just call them warrior nuns or something, give them some cracking looking guns and more variant haircuts than bob o' death and you're ready to go.

baphomael
01-06-2011, 14:34
I know its not a priority (by that, I mean its not a gap in a code range) but you'd probably get a fair bit of interest from conversion parts compatible with guard plastic infantry - heads, torsos, weapons etc to modify the plastic cadians into something a little different. Mordian and praetorian style conversion parts would be an obvious choice, but you could also venture into territory not already covered by GW ranges, such as greco-Roman style, Napoleonic style (when Perry/victrix released 28mm napoleonic plastics, it generated a fair bit of interest from folks wanting to convert napoleonic style guardsmen, but unfortunately the scale difference is too off for the most part.40k scale compatible parts would certainly scratch that itch. I know I, for one, would be all over that), kilted leg parts for Celtic themes armies, hell, even Samurai style. With guard, there is the whole of human history to draw inspiration from, but GW only focuses on a largely 20th century aesthetic. Oh, and let's not forget all those who dream of female guardsmen.

magath
01-06-2011, 14:42
I know its not a priority (by that, I mean its not a gap in a code range) but you'd probably get a fair bit of interest from conversion parts compatible with guard plastic infantry - heads, torsos, weapons etc to modify the plastic cadians into something a little different. Mordian and praetorian style conversion parts would be an obvious choice, but you could also venture into territory not already covered by GW ranges, such as greco-Roman style, Napoleonic style (when Perry/victrix released 28mm napoleonic plastics, it generated a fair bit of interest from folks wanting to convert napoleonic style guardsmen, but unfortunately the scale difference is too off for the most part.40k scale compatible parts would certainly scratch that itch. I know I, for one, would be all over that), kilted leg parts for Celtic themes armies, hell, even Samurai style. With guard, there is the whole of human history to draw inspiration from, but GW only focuses on a largely 20th century aesthetic. Oh, and let's not forget all those who dream of female guardsmen.

You know, there is some good mileage in that idea. Perhaps some sets of interchangable torsos and legs which can just be mixed in with the IG infantry?

baphomael
01-06-2011, 14:49
You know, there is some good mileage in that idea. Perhaps some sets of interchangable torsos and legs which can just be mixed in with thee IG infantry?

My thoughts exactly. The IG, as a concept, are probably the most visually diverse armies in 40k - with so many worlds producing so many regiments that each have a distinct cultural aesthetic, pick a strong historical theme and there will be people who will think "Aw, an X style guard army would be so cool, wish I could do it." I know for a long time I thought that about a napoleonic theme, ever since reading the battle of niz pazaar in an old issue of Inferno magazine

Invid
01-06-2011, 14:50
[QUOTE=zantis;5550883]units that need models because they dont already -broodlords. the big hug/victory scream is getting really old
QUOTE]

Just to point out that there is a nice Broodlord in the Space Hulk game- wouldnt waste time doing this one.

MOMUS
01-06-2011, 14:57
I would just make some cool alternate models rather than try and gap fill. Sculpt something better than cadians, i would love some 'basic' alien infantry.

Might i suggest the name 'Company home studio'.

Sildani
01-06-2011, 16:26
A good looking female Eldar Autarch that's compatible with the accessories available to the current GW Autarchs. In that vein, a female Eldar Farseer and Female Warlocks.

Frankly, female Fire Dragons, Striking Scorpions, Dire Avengers, Dark Reapers, Warp Spiders, Swooping Hawks, and male Howling Banshees wouldn't go wrong either. For a race that makes no distinction between male and female as regards battlefield roles, there's a miserable paucity of female Eldar models. The female Guardian and Shining Spear torsos can only go so far.

baphomael
01-06-2011, 16:45
A good looking female Eldar Autarch that's compatible with the accessories available to the current GW Autarchs. In that vein, a female Eldar Farseer and Female Warlocks.

Frankly, female Fire Dragons, Striking Scorpions, Dire Avengers, Dark Reapers, Warp Spiders, Swooping Hawks, and male Howling Banshees wouldn't go wrong either. For a race that makes no distinction between male and female as regards battlefield roles, there's a miserable paucity of female Eldar models. The female Guardian and Shining Spear torsos can only go so far.

Only problem there, however, is making them suitably different from the originals to avoid UP infringement whilst still maintaining an aesthetic that fits with the existing range - problem is they could either look too much like the originals, or too different to mesh.

orz192
02-06-2011, 00:22
There are alot of third party IG conversion bits already made.
For me it would be cool to be able to buy squads of miniatures
that are different from the standard 40k models I see. The Wraithguard
could use a re-sculpt, Death Korps of Krieg style sculpts would be cool, I like the Mandrake models personally.

Primarch models are always cool! But what about Abaddon, Kharn, Lucius, and Ahriman?
I don't like any of their sculpts.

But I think you hit the head on the nail when you said about the static poses. If you can make models with movement then I won't really mind details as much, apart from sloppy anatomical positioning or sculpting.

The Pedro Kantor model is one of my favorite sculpts and he doesn't have loads of detail on him. Him and the new DE models have movement, I knew I would start a DE army as soon as I saw the models.

Crynn
02-06-2011, 01:02
Some really fantastic posts and ideas here guys please keep it up.

Interchangable guardsmen pieces and styles seems to be a real winner as are female eldar parts. Wraithguard is one I keep hearing again and again and I cannot stress how much I want you guys to reiterate what others have said if you agree, that way I can see demand. I have already started drawing up wraithguard designs however I'm not sure if they are the first things I will be looking at.

So please keep up these fantastic post. If we get to 3 pages I will put uip an example piece of work which is a personal sculpt I am working on to show what type of quality we are looking at. Although anything meant for the market will be a level higher than any of my personal sculpts.

Thanks again guys, please keep up the ideas and giving the '+1' to ideas you like.

Regards,

Crynn

madprophet
02-06-2011, 01:15
I am a Guard nutter - I would love to see some female greatcoat officer/commissar, female Guardsmen (especially in Greatcoats). Females in power armor (not Sisters - more like Hasselfree's Libby in Power Armor)

ForgottenLore
02-06-2011, 02:36
Wraithguard is one I keep hearing again and again

I would be shocked beyond belief if wraithguard didn't become plastic the next time CW Eldar got redone.

As for my own wishlist,

Tallarn Roughriders mounted on camels
Units from the Kroot Mercenaries list
Tau of different castes

AlexHolker
02-06-2011, 05:13
4-6 female torsos and some female heads for the Dark Eldar models could be popular, as long as it's cheaper than just buying another box. Or, if AoW comes through with some plastic Witch Elves, conversion kits to make them into Daemonettes.

Achaylus72
02-06-2011, 05:29
Specific figures

How about

Wazdakka Gutzsmek
Old Zogwart for starters

Here is something i have seen in White Dwarf

Tzeentch Terminators
Jakal headed skeletons used as Tzeentch Lesser Daemons.

Lothlanathorian
02-06-2011, 06:08
[QUOTE=zantis;5550883]units that need models because they dont already -broodlords. the big hug/victory scream is getting really old
QUOTE]

Just to point out that there is a nice Broodlord in the Space Hulk game- wouldnt waste time doing this one.

Yes, a model with limited availability that can only be obtained by finding a $100 retail, OOP board game. He'd totally be wasting his time making a sculpt for that guy. :rolleyes:

zantis
02-06-2011, 07:29
..I like the Mandrake models personally....

sure, the 3 different variations are cool, but i'd lke to see at least 5. same goes for the incubi, beautiful models, but they only have 3 variations.

MajorWesJanson
02-06-2011, 08:10
[QUOTE=Invid;5551850]

Yes, a model with limited availability that can only be obtained by finding a $100 retail, OOP board game. He'd totally be wasting his time making a sculpt for that guy. :rolleyes:

Or just hop on E-Bay and grab one of the ones from there that are buy it now for about $25.

semper_fi
02-06-2011, 08:27
i totally agree with some of the; female stuff would be verry nice indeed. IG female models ould get me back to 40k :D

NixonAsADaemonPrince
02-06-2011, 08:33
A nice Space Wolf Rune Priest character model for me personally.

Chaos Obliterators would also be very good :)

djinn24
02-06-2011, 10:12
More female Eldar like others have said. Bonesingers, Wraithguard, etc.

baphomael
02-06-2011, 10:40
There are alot of third party IG conversion bits already made.
For me it would be cool to be able to buy squads of miniatures
that are different from the standard 40k models I see. The Wraithguard
could use a re-sculpt, Death Korps of Krieg style sculpts would be cool, I like the Mandrake models personally.

Primarch models are always cool! But what about Abaddon, Kharn, Lucius, and Ahriman?
I don't like any of their sculpts.

It's true alt guard bits are done by other companies, but they are predominantly alternate heads that go for a kind of pseudo wwii or sci do vibe, like the pig iron heads. Some alternate torsos n stuff that use a different cultural aesthetic would be nice. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate a dress uniform type torso and some peaked cap/pith helmet heads for converting plastic cadians into not-mordians or, particularly, not-praetorians.

Oh, and primarchs or pre-heresy style dramatis personae would indeed be cool, but again you'd have to be careful about avoiding IP issues, as marines have a pretty distinct style.

Achaylus72
02-06-2011, 10:46
An all Female IG regiment would look cool.

crandall87
02-06-2011, 10:48
Praetorian Guard Heads and Bodies!

I would buy at least 100 of each!!

hlaine larkin
02-06-2011, 10:59
If it's guard i'll buy it.

if it's catachan i'll buy 2. :)

like a cooler marbo model :D

MajorWesJanson
02-06-2011, 11:20
Male and Female Tallarn styled troops would be great.

Arbedark
02-06-2011, 12:53
What I'd be interested in buying (depending on quality and price):

Conversion packs for IG (Chaos Cultists, Mutations, Greatcoats, Feral etc style)
Rough Riders
Alternative Special Character sculpts (Cadian version of Marbo, Harker etc, maybe versions that fit with conversion packs)
Weapon packs similar to the FW Renegade weapons (Autoguns, Autopistols, Shotguns etc)
Alternative Daemon sculpts (Larger Greater Daemons etc)
Terrain

Col.Gravis
02-06-2011, 13:22

Sorry to jump your thread, but heads sized for Cadian bodies have been on the market for a while, though I'd like to do a new version ;)

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_48&products_id=115&zenid=3k951ul9uqrsl7vfpjsfel4bm4

I did have a garage kit of Praetorian bodies an arms but they are not available anymore, there are some Roughriders on the way though.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x160/gravisblog/Forum%20Pictures/Mk3RoughriderWIP002.jpg

There will be more progress shots of those soon on my blog, the arms are finished, as is the lance tip, just needs boots now, and makes use of the heads above.

Col. Tartleton
02-06-2011, 16:48
"Catachans" only proportionately built... styled for air cav. Helmets, cowboy hats, bandanas shirts, armor, straight out of 'nam. Shotguns both full stock and sawed off, AR15 styled lasguns, pump action 40mm grenade launchers, machine guns, braces of laspistols, stupid numbers of grenades and pouches, various ethnic faces, glasses, cigars, goggles, etc.

Basically halfway between Catachans and Elysians.

Sildani
02-06-2011, 16:55
I'll go +1 for Wraithguard, though how you're going to make them similar to the current one yet different enough to avoid GW's wrath beats me. Looking forward to seeing you try though!

orz192
02-06-2011, 17:12
There are so many people I would like to respond to I won't really bother with specific quotes.

Price is important like I said before and IP infringement, well you can get away with alot if you just use ebay to sell (;

Another problem with the wraith guard models is they are extremely expensive, and Razor wing flocks for DE would be awesome, the are like 12.00 USD for two when I would like to field 4-6.
Asdrubel Vect would be cool, and I reiterate the chaos SCs they are kind of awful compared to other models. And Mephiston! His current sculpt is crap. I would really prefer whole models especially squads to conversion bits because I have a ton of bits saved up that I can cannibalize.

A cheaper version of "DKoK" rough riders would be AWESOME, and heavy weapons squads too. When it comes to IP infringement the title of the model is more important than the sculpt.

And if you sell through ebay solely, well you don't have much to worry about even with naming the models. You can PM me for the link for an example seller.

And dynamics = Most important piece of the pie, but price does play a role too/:

xriccix
02-06-2011, 17:19
mordrak! !

H.LaFever
02-06-2011, 19:16
I am a collector, so if the stuff is cool, ill get it, but be careful, besides all the IP issues, there are also a lot of purists (snobs-elitists) that will hate you, and the minis wouldnt be allowed in tourneys, but for the fun pick up gamers, I say heck yeah, the world need even more variety in toy soldier selections!

Devonian Commando
02-06-2011, 19:33
Some models to represent the characters in the background fluff and novels would be nice, obviously all you have to do is get the general look and equipment right and then people can custoimise the relevant entry in their codex.

Valeria and Darkhammer from the GK codex spring to mind, althought these could easily be made from existing figures it'd be cool to have them specially made to compliment each other on a gaming table, contrasting armour styles, one parrying and one swinging a sword etc...

hlaine larkin
02-06-2011, 19:44
'CLoaked troopers' A.K.A tanith...

only joking...
02-06-2011, 19:49

Really!?

I think upgrade kits for guard that use the Cadian torso/legs and make them into different regiments would be a money spinner.

hlaine larkin
02-06-2011, 19:51
or you build your own game, using these models :D

crandall87
02-06-2011, 20:45
Sorry to jump your thread, but heads sized for Cadian bodies have been on the market for a while, though I'd like to do a new version ;)

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_48&products_id=115&zenid=3k951ul9uqrsl7vfpjsfel4bm4

I did have a garage kit of Praetorian bodies an arms but they are not available anymore, there are some Roughriders on the way though.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x160/gravisblog/Forum%20Pictures/Mk3RoughriderWIP002.jpg

There will be more progress shots of those soon on my blog, the arms are finished, as is the lance tip, just needs boots now, and makes use of the heads above.

Ah yes I believe I've seen those heads before! Shame the bodies and arms are no longer available.

Tay051173096
02-06-2011, 20:56

I'm with him, lead the way:D

Hrw-Amen
02-06-2011, 21:22
Any female Imperial guard or new SOB.

Different Imperial Guard regiments, mostly Valhallans or similar.

I'd actually like a W40K harpy, (Not the 'nid ones, I mean a real harpy like in WFB.) maybe with a autogun or lasgun or some sort. Perhaps a conversion idea from the deamonettes?

Crynn
02-06-2011, 23:49
Fantastic guys, I am really getting a good idea of what everyone is after. Please keep up the ideas and the '+1' on ideas you like. Also on moady I am going to put up a part of a personal sculpt I have been working on just for those interested just to give an idea of what I can do. Obviously anything meant for a commercial market will be another step above my personal work. The model will take me a total of 25 hours where as anything commercial of similar size would be 150+.

I have started drawing up wriath guard designs and I am also looking into getting a 3D printer. I have access to 3D sculpting programs so that for very high quality models I could build them in the computer and print the first cast to make a mold from. Essentially if this comes off, I will literally be able to build anything, the limitations will be the printers.

So keep up the Ideas guys, I am very thankful for all this imput. +1 ideas you like!

Regards,

Crynn

hlaine larkin
03-06-2011, 00:09
i think the genral idea is, you make it, we will buy it.

Sildani
03-06-2011, 01:03
And make it well!

Crynn
03-06-2011, 01:42
Ok guys big question.

I will use an example to help explain.

Would you rather a) pay $50 US for 5 standard wraithguard equivilant models slightly poseable or,

Would you rather b) pay $75 US for 5 completely poseable wraithguard on a sprue with additional plates, gems, flowing ribbon work, head options etc?

Not actually prices just giving an example.

Essentially, would you rather models with some posability as in a little leg movement head positioning or fully poseable models that are more expensive but come on sprues with spare bits and ways to customize each model?

Regards,

Crynn

Crynn
03-06-2011, 01:46
And make it well!

I will do my best to make it well. On Monday I will put up a piece for you to check out which you guys can critique. The level of sculpts for the public will be significantly higher again but I just want to show what I am capable of so you guys know I am not wasting your time.

Regards,

Crynn

TimLeeson
03-06-2011, 01:53
Personally I find most 3rd party companies boring and uninspired - usually the sameold addons/bits for existing races (mainly marines, orks, guard, chaos, eldar and tyranids), id like to see a 3rd party company have some actual balls and do something exciting and interesting within the 40k boundries for once and make model ranges for these races :

Umbra, Enslavers, Barghesi, Loxatyl, Saruthi, Demiurg.

Man, if someone did those id be broke!

Locephax
03-06-2011, 12:04
I would recommend making a line of Primarchs, in the vein of the Kabuki miniatures 'knights of legend', but scaled appropriately to 40K. (The Kabuki ones are a little small.)
I know I would collect all 18(19 Omegon?).

crandall87
03-06-2011, 12:54
I would recommend making a line of Primarchs, in the vein of the Kabuki miniatures 'knights of legend', but scaled appropriately to 40K. (The Kabuki ones are a little small.)
I know I would collect all 18(19 Omegon?).

But concentrate on the ones we don't usually see, such as Alpharius, Lorgar, Magnus, in fact all the chaos ones minus Horus.

scarletsquig
03-06-2011, 13:24
I think you would be better off with the fantasy market to be honest.

There is a lot more freedom to do what you want with that since the warhammer styles and designs are not unique to GW.

Just look at what avatars of war and mantic are able to do

I would initially target a model which has a high price, but is a very small model.

Something like a dwarf or goblin bolt thrower would be a good pick.

Sildani
11-06-2011, 20:22
So... any progress with this?

Grand Warlord
11-06-2011, 20:30
For me I am more in the realm of conversion parts like shoulder pades, cloaks, etc ... as my current army is mostly finished. But I would be interested for future projects

hlaine larkin
11-06-2011, 20:35
cloaks wold be good :)

Ghorhammer
11-06-2011, 20:57
I know other people have already harped about this, but this is dangerous legal ground, especially with GW, they're more 'aggressive' on this issue than most companies.

As for 3rd party sculpts of guard, thats easy to pull off.

Tyranids and Dark Eldar are a little tougher but you can still get away with it just calling them 'Alien Bugs' and "mutants"

However you cannot make 3rd party sculpts of Space Marines, CSM, or Tau, as Games Workshop specifically has their appearance and likeness copywrited (yes you can do that). Why do you think the space marines and zerg in Starcraft II look so different than they did in the orriginal. Because in between the games GW copyrighted the appearance of the Space Marines, so Blizzard was forced to alter the orriginal appearance, and from what I understand they altered the appearance of the Zerg to something less Tyranid just to be on the safe side.

hlaine larkin
11-06-2011, 20:59
i think upgrade bits will be better.

drmarco
12-06-2011, 01:22
Crynn, kudos for the ideas, matey.

I would have to say, on behalf of eldar players everywhere, to do wraithguardalikes and limit their posability would be a crying shame. I'd go with $75 for 5 with additional extras and high posability over $50 for more static ones any day of the week...their 'staticness' (along with their price!) is the main turn off for me about the existing gw sculpts...

So consider me +1 (to the tune of at least 30) if you go with the high posability wraithguard, as well as another advocate for more alternative gender 'space elf temple warriors'...

Good luck,

Marco

fwacho
12-06-2011, 05:36
i would love to see some 40's style motorbikes for IG to use as roughriders.

Venerable Player
12-06-2011, 12:55
I'd love well priced weapons. THings that go as combi-weapons, heavy weapons, special weapons and everything else that we need.

Drongol
12-06-2011, 21:42
You know what I want to see?

Weapons.

To heck with "alternate" Wraithguard or what have you--I don't play Eldar and if I did, I wouldn't play Wraithguard anyways. However, I know for a fact that I wouldn't mind seeing some meltaguns and blasters and the like available in a big batch to purchase.

Stick to "universal" kits like that at first and you'll probably wind up making more than having a few very specialized kits.

ServiceStud
10-08-2011, 04:18
Crynn, kudos for the ideas, matey.

I would have to say, on behalf of eldar players everywhere, to do wraithguardalikes and limit their posability would be a crying shame. I'd go with $75 for 5 with additional extras and high posability over $50 for more static ones any day of the week...their 'staticness' (along with their price!) is the main turn off for me about the existing gw sculpts...

So consider me +1 (to the tune of at least 30) if you go with the high posability wraithguard, as well as another advocate for more alternative gender 'space elf temple warriors'...

Good luck,

Marco

Put me down for 30 poseable ones as well.

Someone asked for Plaguebearers. No need, Heresy already makes Plaguebearers that look more like the artwork than GWs own. http://www.heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10_44&products_id=53

DuskRaider
10-08-2011, 15:09
Plaguebearers.... that is all. I know Heresy Miniatures makes some, but I believe they're only 3 to a pack, you have to order the heads separately, they're metal, and they're expensive. Scibor has some nice Chaos Mutants, but they're only individuals and there's only two models so those won't do either.