PDA

View Full Version : Warboss

Magicman1
03-06-2011, 10:02
Hey everyone, just a quesition about orks. Is it possible to have a warboss with a choppa and a powerklaw, its just that famous warbosses like Tuska seem to yield this combo. I know that in the ork codex it says one or the other, but it seems so stupid to miss out on a combo which as been around for orky centuries :).

What do you think would be the rules for yielding such a combo? Does it seem to be fair? How many points would this make my warboss :confused:? If you could answer it would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Thoume
03-06-2011, 10:14
Not that it would make much difference in game terms, as having two different CCWs doesn't give an extra attack. Thats what attack squigs are for...! :)

Now dual power klaws, that would be fun! :D

(EDIT: No, you can't take dual power klaws, would be awesome though!)

Inquisitor Kallus
03-06-2011, 10:16
pay for him as having a slugga and powerklaw. the combo you mention would only work for aesthetic reasons, as in game you don't get an extra attack for another weapon wielded with a power klaw/fist unless it is another power klaw/fist.

Shamana
03-06-2011, 10:32
I think the main reason you might take a choppa is when you want to strike at normal initiative - at times, charging at S6 I5 can be useful.

Grimmeth
03-06-2011, 11:04
Not that it would make much difference in game terms, as having two different CCWs doesn't give an extra attack. Thats what attack squigs are for...! :)

Now dual power klaws, that would be fun! :D

(EDIT: No, you can't take dual power klaws, would be awesome though!)

Although being as the Attack Squig simply gives +1 Attack it has the same effect as dual Power Klaws...
;)

Magicman1
03-06-2011, 11:59
Thanks everyone for replying...

So you guys think its best to have the combo, but make it so that in that turn i choose whether he is using his power klaw or choppa? So that i would solve the initiative problem, and have the number of points equal to having a power klaw and choppa and not anything more?

Shamana
03-06-2011, 12:06
I think when you have the option of using several weapons you always decide which one you are using. IIRC the attack squig gives you one more attack regardless of which one you are using that turn, though, so it's probaby a good bet either way. You only lose on the shoota.

LonelyPath
03-06-2011, 12:41
Although being as the Attack Squig simply gives +1 Attack it has the same effect as dual Power Klaws...
;)

What I would love is dual power klaws and a Attack Squig! :D

Bestaltan
03-06-2011, 13:34
What I would love is dual power klaws and a Attack Squig! :D

In true dok fashion.....

Pfft!! Da boyz got four limbs!! Four power klaws!!

Threeshades
03-06-2011, 13:46
It's actually not possible to equip your Waaaghboss with a choppa and a powerklaw, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't build the model that way. Just treat him as a regular warboss with a powerklaw and whatever other weapon you give him.

If you could arm him wizth a choppa and a klaw, it wouldnt make any difference anyway, since the two weapons don't have any effects in combination.

In true dok fashion.....

There's a cool conversion waiting to happen :D

ehlijen
03-06-2011, 13:53
I think the main reason you might take a choppa is when you want to strike at normal initiative - at times, charging at S6 I5 can be useful.

Unless the choppa has a special rule to make it a special CCW, you could not do that. Models are forced to use a special CCW in favour of normal CCWs if they possess one.

I don't think choppas are anything other than CCWs, are they? Not asking for details, just if they are different.

Thoume
03-06-2011, 15:02
Yea, they're just regular CCWs now. Doesn't have the 3rd ed. insanity of treating 3+ and 2+ as 4+ saves any more :p

I've recently become a fan of shoota-skorchas though, great on warboss bikers being able to drive up and do some damage before finishing off whats left in assault :D

EDIT:

In true dok fashion.....

Four power klaws with auxiliary buzzer squig launchas. Make it so. :D

Theocracity
03-06-2011, 15:29
What others have said is accurate, but I wanted to point out that modeling da boss with a choppa / powerklaw in his hands does not necessarily preclude him from using other ranged weapons. If you model the slugga or shoota in a holster, on his back, in a mekanikal third arm, carried by an ammo runt or even dropped on the ground you can technically be WYSIWYG.

That way you can have da boss armed however you like!

Irondog
03-06-2011, 18:03
Or have the shoota grafted onto an attack squig (see attached pic). The squig is probably a better shot anyway :D

keatsmeister
03-06-2011, 18:10
In true dok fashion.....

Four? Well you could.... but

Supposing the dok has loads of spare klaws?

Spida-Ork, Spida-Ork
Does wotever a spida-ork does
Can 'e swing from a web?
No e won't, e's an Ork
Look out, here comes da Spida-Ork!

;):D

Anyway, to the original post, as sluggas count as a ccw anyway, I'd just go with that, and model it however you like. If you for any reason in a game situation, you did want to use it as the slugga included as part of the Warboss's codex options, you could say that your 'Boss has a penchant from throwing his Choppa at the enemy, before snatching it from their corpse to smack more humies, pointy-ears etc. Just a thought

As another modelling alternative, a slugga modified to have a massive chainblade attached or something similar could be cool. It still does the same job in combat

Magicman1
03-06-2011, 23:57
So you guys are saying i can model my warboss with a choppa and power klaw, but would i use one or the other in close combat, is it my choice each turn then?

Isfimbur
04-06-2011, 00:01
So you guys are saying i can model my warboss with a choppa and power klaw, but would i use one or the other in close combat, is it my choice each turn then?

No, if you have a power klaw you always have to use that in close combat. The rules say that you re-place your normal close combat weapon with the power klaw. You can model the choppa for esthetic purposes. But it will have no effects in the game.

Leogun_91
04-06-2011, 09:41
Make a really cool and big choppa and count it as an attack squig. People shouldn't have a problem with that.

Grimtuff
04-06-2011, 09:48
Make a really cool and big choppa and count it as an attack squig. People shouldn't have a problem with that, because Big Choppas are rubbish and they'll thank you for making your Warboss less killy.

Fixed that for you! ;)

Threeshades
04-06-2011, 11:29
Fixed that for you! ;)

I think he means give him a particularly large choppa in addition to the power klaw and count the choppa as an attack squig.