PDA

View Full Version : New 2250 WoC list

Aristocrap
03-06-2011, 23:15
I haven't gotten around to making many lists for 8th Ed. so here's a go at it. The BSB goes with the Chosen and the Sorc Lord with the MoT Warriors.

Lord:
Lvl 4 Sorcerer Lord MoT, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Infernal Puppet, Third Eye of Tzeentch: 400 pts.

Heroes:
Exalted Hero BSB MoT, Charmed Shield, Armour of Destiny, Dragonhelm, Chaos Runesword: 260 pts.

Core:
20 Chaos Warriors FC, MoT, Shields, War Banner: 405 pts.

18 Chaos Warriors FC, MoK, Halberds, Shields: 366 pts.

40 Mauraders FC, MoK, GWs: 250 points

5 Chaos Warhounds: 30 points

Special:
18 Chosen MoT, FC, Halberds, Shields, Favour of the Gods, Banner of Rage: 475 pts.

Total: 2246 pts.

Ravenfeld
03-06-2011, 23:21
Your Hero is illegal it has three pieces of magic armor when you're only allowed to have one per character.

Aristocrap
03-06-2011, 23:25
Uuuurk. Shows just how tired I am. Well then, perhaps I'll drop the Dragomhelm and do something else with the extra points or give it to the Lord.

Ravenfeld
03-06-2011, 23:44
Uuuurk. Shows just how tired I am. Well then, perhaps I'll drop the Dragomhelm and do something else with the extra points or give it to the Lord.

Just remember he can only have one of the following:

Charmed Shield
Armour of Destiny
Dragon Helm

You will have to get rid of the remaining two items!

I also just realized that its a hero and can only have 50 points of magic items on it, you are going for the full 100 lord allotment which is also not legal. I would suggest either just giving him the armour alone with a great weapon or shield or giving him the talisman of endurance and the sword of might with a shield.

Aristocrap
03-06-2011, 23:59
Well, a BSB with MoT, GW, Shield and Armour of Destiny will clock in at 183 points. That means I'll get 81 or so laying around.

Jeez, the things one overlooks after coming back to FB after playing 40k for so long.

Ravenfeld
04-06-2011, 00:45
They are definitely two different beasts that is for sure! But they both have their charm.

If I might make a suggestion, toss the banner of rage onto the halberd warriors and then take the banner of eternal flame on the chosen, that way they can be a hard counter to the trolls/hydras/hellpits that are plaguing fantasy atm and it makes your warrior unit even more dangerous. As for what to do with the remaining 71 points, well you can either beef up the units you have or you can.. beef up the units you have. The charm of WoC is the challenge you have when left with a small amount of points. I would say your list could use a Chariot, but you would have to dance some points around to get one. Food for thought.

Aristocrap
04-06-2011, 01:04
Wouldn't the Banner of Rage be redundant on the halberd Warriors, as they already have Frenzy due to MoK? Or are you suggesting it there because the banner allows them to hold onto their Frenzy regardless of what may happen to them?

Countering regenerating units and the like with the Banner of Eternal Flame sounds like a nifty idea. I'll see to it that I test it out a few games.

Ravenfeld
04-06-2011, 05:34
Drop mark of Khorne and give them Mark of Nurgle, Halberds, Banner of Rage. Makes them harder to hit and hit just as hard in return!

thesheriff
04-06-2011, 22:09
^^ agreed.

In generally, just do some banner swapping. The chosen should have the terror banner. The tzeentch warriors should have blasted standard. The khorne warriors should have MON, banner of rage. Failing that, MOK, banner of fire.

Any left over points should go towards a warshrine.

thesheriff

Brady
04-06-2011, 23:15
Get the chosen the wailing banner, that straight away eliminates two of the sub-useless results on EOTG and when combined with Favour of teh Gods you get a much higher chance of something useful :)