PDA

View Full Version : 2500 competitive beasts

minionboy
05-06-2011, 08:08
Hey guys, I'm about to play in my first big tournament with beasts, and I was wondering what you guys thought of my list:

Beastlord: Shield, Armour of Destiny, Sword of Battle, Crown of Command: 248
Great Bray Shaman: Level 4, Lore of Shadow, Jagged Dagger, Talisman of Preservation, Brass Cleaver, Ironcurse Icon: 325

Wargor: Battle Standard Bearer, The Beast Banner, Heavy Armor, Shield, Gnarled Hide: 206
Shaman: Level 2, Lore of Beasts, Chalice of Dark Rain, Additional Hand Weapon: 157
Shaman: Level 2, Lore of Beasts, Additional Hand Weapon, Dispel Scroll

29 Gor Herd: Additional Hand Weapon, Standard, Musician, Foe-render: 257
5 Ungor Raiders: 30
5 Ungor Raiders: 30
2 Tusgor Chariots: 160

28 Bestigors: Full Command, Standard of Discipline: 381
1 Razorgor: 55

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

http://www.thediceabide.com/2011/06/2500-b...area-open-help/ (http://www.thediceabide.com/2011/06/2500-beastmen-for-bay-area-open-help/)

minionboy
05-06-2011, 22:27
I just updated the list, hopefully I get some more comments :P

Feefait
07-06-2011, 00:37
Iwhy the cleavers in the shaman? With that many core and masters you are going to need to buff them, so as much as I hate to say it you may need a herdstone too. Is drop 1 unit if hors for some razors or a steadfast block of ungors plus another chariot.

Jind_Singh
07-06-2011, 05:36
if I was running 3 shamans in the list then I'd take a herdstone - otherwise it's a lot of points invested in the magic phase!

Hagtree fetish and staff of darkroth is also amazing - re-roll to wound on a unit during the magic phase....EPIC! Now that 5D6 str 1 magic missile is deadly, add the bound level 3 version of it...

Razorgor unit needs to be at least 3 strong to be any good, a few more chariots would be nice - if it was me I'd run TWO gor units with beastigors and drop the 3rd gor unit to get some more punch in the army - but tricky call

10 D6 str 1 hits with RE-ROLLS to wound! EKK!

popisdead
15-06-2011, 22:52
I would trade the Chalice (which is great for protecting fragile units such as Centigors and the big rares) for the Shard of the Herdstone.

Also consider adding two more Razorgors. They are great.

Gooner
15-06-2011, 23:06
The competitive list my opponent brings normally has a large herd of bestigors and gors, as well as a large unit of minators. Then to support has has several chariots and a few mall ungor skirmishers.