4 Screamers
= 120pts

RARE

5 Flamers
= 175pts

5 Flamers
= 175pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1993pts

The heralds give the horror units a 4+ ward save. I like to take either Beasts/Life with the heralds as they can take advantage of some of the + T spells to really bulk up the horrors/heralds.

The flamers protect the flanks and the screamers go after light units/war machines.
Time of Madness

tmarichards
06-06-2011, 02:02
Not really much that can be said if you want to do mono-list... for bigger games, I'd suggest a level 3 Chicken with Will of Tzeentch and Power Vortex.

Dwellers on a 4+ with a re-roll is very rude indeed...

thesheriff
06-06-2011, 06:39
Your gonna run out of power dice do quickly. And with no dedicated combat units, when someone gets into the horror unit, there dead, and you've lost 600-something points.

I really don't see it working without a combat unit.

thesheriff

Time of Madness
06-06-2011, 11:24
Well the horrors will need some magic support to help them stick around. With a 4+ ward save they are a tough nut to crack.

Spells like the +1T +1S and the -1 to hit spell from beasts will help the unit out a bit. Also if I decide to take life Flesh to stone and regrowth will help.

I can always throw the flamers into a flank if need be. They have 2 attacks at S5.

But you are right, the list does need some help in the magic phase to make the list work.

Time of Madness

dragonet111
06-06-2011, 17:05
I'm using the Banner of Change with some success. It's not an uber powerful thing but I find it useful with a horde of horrors.

thesheriff
06-06-2011, 18:00
Flamers are WS2 and the first thing on my shoot down list.

The horrors are relying on small time spells to stay on the field. When all your dice should be going in your only offensive outlet, do-or-die spells such as dwellers or pit of shades.

and a 4++ wardsave will usually not help. If a dedicated combat horde, ie; bloodletters get to you, they will kill more than double the amount they need to kill the rest of you in instability. even with steadfast and the wardsave. Or, draw you into a fight you cant flee from, and finish you in a few turns.

You need combat units. Mono-tzeentch does not work.

Time of Madness
07-06-2011, 01:57
Couple of quick tweaks made here to help my magic phase.

CHARACTERS

Herald of Tzeentch (General)
- Winged Horror
- Master of Sorcery
= 160pts

Herald of Tzeentch (BSB)
- Winged Horror
- Master of Sorcery
= 185pts

Blue Scribes
= 81pts

CORE

39 Horrors
***General Starts Here***
- Champ/Standard
= 492pts

39 Horrors
***BSB Starts Here***
- Champ/Standard
= 492pts

SPECIAL

4 Screamers
= 120pts

4 Screamers
= 120pts

RARE

5 Flamers
= 175pts

5 Flamers
= 175pts

TOTAL POINTS = 2000pts

Dropped a horror off each unit and the standard of sundering. Added the blue scribes for some extra pop in the magic phase. The extra dice generated in my opponents turn will help out, not to mention the 5 chanelling rolls I get per phase.
Time of Madness

Billpete002
07-06-2011, 09:19
I too would love to make a mono-tzeentch army but the restriction of power dice is a death knell to this army. Couple the PD limitation with Horrors useless spell abilities (since it is better if your greater daemons/heralds cast) - the army worked well in 7th, but in 8th it needs CC support.

But please let me know how the army is working out for you - I really hope they get rid of the PD limit for a Tzeentch army (since Tzeentch IS magic) or something to make this army good again.