PDA

View Full Version : 1003 points Ogre Kingdoms, ideas and help :)

oma
06-06-2011, 12:53
Tyrant, Giant Breaker of the Omaiga tribe.
crown of command
enchanted shield
cathayan longsword
(247) (Could someone check if this is the right poitns?)

Butcher, Devourer of liquids

5 Bulls - Stonecrusher, Headsplitter, Bonebreaker, Swordeater and Smasher

4 bulls - Dwarf Thrower, Man Breaker, Elf Slinger, Tree Eater

1 Scraplauncher, Fireckracker

1 Rhinox Rider, Rhocky
Heavy armour
Champion
Ironfist

So, with about 60 points left, what should i get? Most options are available for me as i have the models for it (exept for gnoblar fighters). I could make the 4 bulls ironguts, or i could get banners for the units that can, i could get a magic weapon for the butcher (Siegebreaker for instance).

What could i drop? Should i drop crown of command, as i could get stubborn buff from my butcher? Dropping the crown, heavy armour and ironfist on the rhinox rider, and i can get 3 more bulls, wich could be good as well, even by them selfs, or alone.

I am also tempted to ditch the rhinox rider for a giant, and give the tyrant giant breaker name, as it would be more fluffy.

Any ideas and brainstorming would be highly appreciated

Regards
Oma

Lord Inquisitor
06-06-2011, 13:05
Yeah, your tyrant should be rather more expensive. Dead on 250 (which is your limit).

oma
07-06-2011, 20:02
Something else? Any other thoughts?

Dark Reaper
07-06-2011, 20:12
Are you allowed to have the scraplauncher without gnoblars?

oma
08-06-2011, 13:39
Argh, correct. Scrap it!

Tallopolis
08-06-2011, 13:45
Tyrant, Giant Breaker of the Omaiga tribe.

Unfortunately... you have no slavegiant... so he can't be a giantbreaker ;)

S

Edit: Just realised that you named all the ogres... so you're probably not using the Big Name - Giantbreaker, which costs 20pts (I think), and requires a slavegiant, but gives you +1 Strength. Your opponents may find this a little confusing... :)

Gooner
08-06-2011, 18:47
The more bulls the better with a smaller unit of ironguts. In 1k they are not needed as much though.

Lukasz_VT
14-06-2011, 15:22
I'd be tempted to take a nice big unit of 10 bulls. They can be very tough to deal with at small points levels, especially when buffed with gut magic. The points denial is huge. A unit of 20 gnoblars to garrison a watchtower or just get in the way of the enemy can be really helpful.