PDA

View Full Version : If a char overruns off the table can he still use his abilities/items?

lowix
07-06-2011, 14:11
If a character is in a frenzied unit and overruns off the table can he still use his abilities/items?

Can he still use his magic level to dispel?

If he had an item that saved a dispel die, is that die lost?

howie
07-06-2011, 14:26
Until he comes back onto the board in the remaining moves phase of your turn he can't use his items.

I don't know about the saved dispel dice though.

D'Haran
07-06-2011, 15:15
I think he should be able to use his DD, however I can't find anything in the rules that says so...

Scalebug
07-06-2011, 17:39
I'd say no, as every time being off the table is mentioned, the models cannot do the thing in question... eg. Channeling and dispelling.

Sometimes it will be self-evident, eg. you will not be able to use a BSB re-roll if he is off the table, as nobody will be within 12" of him, or an ability affects every X on the battlefield/table, and I think there are one or two special rules that is really all about the models not being on the field at the moment, and these will obviously work, but as a base-line, it is safe to assume that being off the table means being out of the game at the moment.

FestHest
07-06-2011, 18:01
What about rip spells ?
And good question about the stored dd.

Scalebug
07-06-2011, 19:52
p. 36, BRB:

"They only come to an end when the target is slain, or else the caster is slain, chooses to end the spell (which he can do at any time) or leaves the battlefield."