PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings - 2500 Points - The Wrath of Settra

Archon Deloth Vyrr
08-06-2011, 03:41
Hey guys, here's my first attempt at a Settra Chariot list, looking for suggestions and feedback to make it better.

First things first:

a) Yes its weak in magic, unfortunately the theme of the army calls for that. I won't be adding priests so it'll just have to make due.
b) The two special characters are mandatory since the army is based around their personal lore

Other than the above mentioned, I'm open to suggestions.

Now onto the list:

Settra the Imperishable
-Chariot of the Gods
-Army General and Hierophant
Herald Nekaph
-Chariot
6 Skeleton Chariots
-Standard/Musician
(This unit is 8 strong, 4x2 - no champion since at 4 wide he would have to bump a character to the back)

6 Skeleton Chariots
-Full Command
(This unit is 3x2)

6 Skeleton Chariots
-Full Command
(This unit is 3x2)

Khemrian Warspynx
-Fiery Roar

Khemrian Warspynx
-Fiery Roar

Casket of Souls

Screaming Skull Catapult

Screaming Skull Catapult

Total Points: 2495

Pulstar
08-06-2011, 11:04
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think you drop the two SSC for a Bone Giant,

Stick him right next to Settra and see how much fun UA is with a 7 WS.

Looks like a fun run-across-the-field-and-kill-the-other-guy type army. I just hope you don't play a lot of terrain, because those big footprint chariot units won't help you much.

WarhammerNoob4ever
08-06-2011, 11:47
Id actually go further than just dropping the SSC and dropping the casket as well. The army's philosophy is to get in as fast as possible, so i dont see the casket having a lot of use.

w the extra points, id add a unit of carrion (or 2) a small unit of horse archers and a lvl 2 priest on horseback.

Keeps with the fast theme of the army and gives u a lil more magic to try and force some spells through. having 2 attempts to cast desert winds will really give the army some add speed.

also, id split the 2 units of 6 chariots to 3 units of 4.... yes you lose the extra STR on the impact hits, but you gain more of them and have more units to scare the enemy with

vinny t
09-06-2011, 02:28
I am also trying my hand at a settra list, and I have to agree with the others in that your list is divided between long range and quick attacks. In order for this list to work, you have to dedicate everything to fighting. Also, in the fluff, it mentions how Nekaph ranges in front of settra, and doesn't fight alongside him. To me, it seems like Nekaph has his own force, separate from settra. If you dropped him, you could try and get some more monster support. Also, you should definitely break up the chariot units and try and get some ranked units in to break steadfast.

Archon Deloth Vyrr
09-06-2011, 06:24
Also, in the fluff, it mentions how Nekaph ranges in front of settra, and doesn't fight alongside him. To me, it seems like Nekaph has his own force, separate from settra.

This is wrong, close, but wrong.

First we will discuss what a herald is. A herald is a Tomb King's personal champion and bodyguard. He is bound to his king and will defend his master from any harm that may come his way. If a Tomb King enters battle, his Herald will always be present to stand between his master and any enemy who would wish to harm him.

Settra is a Tomb King, and not just any Tomb King, but the greatest of them all.
Now, it is important to know that it's actually very rare that Settra would personally enter battle himself. He has far more important things to do besides personally crushing his opposition. In these cases, he sends Nekaph to lead his forces. So you are partially correct, Nekaph does often fight without Settra. In these cases he acts as Settra's 2nd or his emmissary.

However, should Settra ever enter battle himself, Nekaph would always be at his side, for he is Settra's personal bodyguard and champion. Nekaph's life is bound to Settra, and his duty is the protection of his King above all else in the world.

TheKingInYellow
09-06-2011, 16:06
This list would be a lot of fun, but I agree on dropping the casket at SSCs. You are trying to get into combat fast, and in doing so, you can't use any of those units.

Warmachines are going to be a big weakness for you so take those points and see if you can get two units of Stalkers?

forgottenlor
10-06-2011, 18:18
Carrion are a great alternative to stalkers. They are fast, and have a good chance of being able to attack war machines et. on turn 2. They are also cheaper. An even cheaper variation are horse archers. They could tie up a war machine or archers until your chariots arrive.

olej89
12-06-2011, 02:25
i like the army list, but just because it looks fun, please tell tell us how the battle went =)