PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Death cult Assassins

bocaj
08-06-2011, 11:17
I'm wanting to make a renegade Inquisitor force but I dont know what to use for the death cults. I'm thinking of using wych bodies (female ones). However, they only have pistols in their right hand so I need something to use for the right arm. I'm thinking of using tyranid hormagaunt arms but I want to know if they fit before I buy.

So what are your thoughts on this and could anyone possibly seee if they do if you happen to have an armless wych and a spare gaunt talon. Also what models would look good for the psyker squad which dont look all the same (the FW rogue psykers look awesome but only 1 model).

chromedog
08-06-2011, 11:49
You could use the same Empire Flagellants that IG players use for their Psyker battle squads.
They are plastic, and come with enough variation that an ill-disciplined rabble should be the duck's nuts to put together.

Commandojimbob
08-06-2011, 11:53
I intend to look at using Wyches + GK Falchions for my deathcult assassins - though at the moment its a bit hypothetical because the Falchions maybe too big. I quite like the Gaunt talon idea...........

bocaj
08-06-2011, 12:02
@chromedog - Good idea, I think I'll use that.

@commandojimbob - Yeh the falchions seem too big, but i want to know if the talons are to big for the wyches

Arbedark
08-06-2011, 14:59
However, they only have pistols in their right hand so I need something to use for the right arm.

There's this marvellous tool that's been around for quite a while called a stanley knife (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_knife). It will be able to remove the plastic gun from the plastic arm....:rolleyes:

Castigator
08-06-2011, 15:05
I think really need to start myself a Helynna Valeria, Ordo Xenos Inquisitora extrema, Henchmen squad full of Xenos(-scum). Jokaero, Firewarrior Acolytes, Dark Eldar Assassins, Ethereal Mystic, Necron Servitors, Warlock Psykers, etc...

bocaj
08-06-2011, 19:30
There's this marvellous tool that's been around for quite a while called a stanley knife (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_knife). It will be able to remove the plastic gun from the plastic arm....:rolleyes:

I might do that but I'd prefer something different and obvious that its not a DE wych. from my experience after you glue a knife or sword on a hand it often breaks off.

Simo429
08-06-2011, 20:07
Saw some good conversions using woodelves the other day.

Lord Gabranth
08-06-2011, 20:08
If you pin the knife or sword in place then you should have no problems with it breaking off, or atleast alot less chance

Lord Damocles
08-06-2011, 20:13
I'd go with Wyches (they have corsets...)

It should be easy to use spare weapons from the kit on the pistol arms, or make katana-type swords from plasticard.

Paint the Wyches' costumes in black/red etc. and smudge some greenstuff across their faces to give them Severina/Sevora style body gloves.

drmarco
08-06-2011, 20:15
There's this marvellous modelling technique that's been around for quite a while called Pinning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQTsyEqr9tM&sns=em)...

Marco

Torpedo Vegas
08-06-2011, 20:48
I'd use wyches,buy some imperial sword bits and boom, Death Cultists.

Dwane Diblie
08-06-2011, 20:57
Have you considered Dark Elf Black Arc Corsairs?

Inquisitor Engel
08-06-2011, 21:09
Plastic assassins in general would be amazing.

I'd really like a new sculpt of the Eversor... the existing sculpts don't convey the speed and ferocity of the unit.

bocaj
08-06-2011, 21:59
I didn't know you could pin things as thin as blades, but can anyone see if my hormagaunt idea works?

@Dwane - Those look awesome, but not female bodies :(

@Simo - Could you tell me where that was?

drmarco
08-06-2011, 23:20
I didn't know you could pin things as thin as blades, but can anyone see if my hormagaunt idea works?

Pinning blades is simple and effective, and due to gw's exaggerated scale weapons should not prove difficult. One of the first conversions I ever made was a pinned blade swap. Did you actually click the link? Even if that's too technical, use a plastic sword and polystyrene cement ('plastic glue') and you should have no problems with breakage...

Not sure I'm reading this right, but are you asking others to go and convert a gaunt weapon arm for you, so you don't have to? And in your initial post were you asking forum users to donate to you the parts for the conversion you want?

@Dwane - Those look awesome, but not female bodies :(

I suspect he meant merely to substitute the weapon arm - but even if not, are you assuming death cult assassins must be female? You know boys can grow up to be murdering zealot-ninja too, right?

I'm a bit baffled by what you're asking...from your posts it seems you want guidance on how to make reasonable looking death cult assassins from wych plastics...but when folks give you clear guidance how, you just gloss over it, and ask others to make the conversion you've envisaged?

Marco

bocaj
08-06-2011, 23:34
I was just asking to see if the nid arm was too big for a wych as i know a wych has small features and I didnt know if the Nid arm was too big. I wasn't asking for anyone to make a new model just to put the parts next to each other to see if the sizes were way out. And i wasn't asking for donations just what I said in the previous sentence.

Also I thought only females were deathcults, it didnt occur to me to use men for some reason :rolleyes:.

Finally the link doesn't work for me :(

drmarco
08-06-2011, 23:42
Give it a blast now mate. Pinning is a useful hobby habit, and though a 'must' for big metal minis it's also really useful for fiddly or fragile plastic parts, effectively reinforcing the point of connection...

bocaj
09-06-2011, 09:45
Ok I'll try it, also I'll do it on the broken arms on my greater demons :)

LonelyPath
09-06-2011, 13:57
I use Wyches for my DCA and the weapon swap is very simple and fast to do.

Xelkireth
09-06-2011, 15:34
They make daggers for the left and right hand. The other-off dagger hand comes in both the raider kit and the venom kit.