PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2k and up

slingersam
09-06-2011, 07:45
Hey guys I play lizardmen, yet at I have a 2999pt tourny coming up and don't know what to add. It seems like the lizardmen don't really have a lot of options in their army book

This is what I have so far and am having a hard time adding more you know.

Lord
BSB Slaan

Hero
ETOG: lvl 2, cube of darkness

Core
Two units of Saurus warriors
Two units of skink skirmishers

Special
Unit of Temple Guard
Unit of Kroxigors
Unit Terradons

Rare
Unit of Salimanders

But then Lizardmen run out of viable options to take. We have no really good Special to start maxing out on, our rares are most likely going to get filled with salimanders as Stegs arent super amazing. This leaves us with core and and Lord and hero slots. Looking at the list above their really isnt much left to take so how do you lizardmen fill out your army. Is it bigger units of saurus warriors, more units. Do you take skink coherts, as I am stumped on what to take.

The Marshel
09-06-2011, 08:47
well, you already have one steggie, i cant image he enjoys being the prime target for all those cannons and catapults, so i reckon he could do with a friend. as i understand, the issue with stegs is protecting them from those cannons. you have the terradons to help take those cannons out quickly. adding chemeleon skinks will help too. they are generally useful in most all situations after all.

how big are your saurus warrior units? they can take a reasonable beating (especially if you have a life slann) so larger units are very nice.

Nubl0
09-06-2011, 08:55
Can't go wrong with adding more chameleon skinks, they are probably the most reliable warmachine killers around. Another steg could help too and you can never have enough salamanders. Also how big is your TG block and saurus blocks?

slingersam
09-06-2011, 09:02
Well temple guard are 20 strong and saurus are 18. I'm thinking of bumping them up to 24 but was not 100% sure. I guess another stegadon wouldn't hurt. But In the current list I have 793 pts left. Am I really going to spend 386 - 400pts on just chameleon skinks? As with adding more salamanders I don't want to be that guy either. I think 6 is more than enough really

Nubl0
09-06-2011, 09:09
24-30 is a good size block unless you just plan on having them sit back and babysit the slaan all game, I guess it's a good thing that you don't want to be "that guy" salamander spam is evil. I personally run 2 blocks of 40-50 saurus in horde. I think it's also widley known now that spears are ok but your ussually better off not bothering. On spending points on chameleon skinks... depends if you reguarly face down warmachines skink skirmisher can take down monsters for cheaper but they can't get close enough to kill off warmachines quickly so it depends, but given a decent sized of chamo skinks they can remove a warmachine in one salvo.

venomx51
09-06-2011, 10:03
For 3k games I always take my Saurus in blocks of at least 30. A unit of 18 isn't going to hold up too well.
I'd also add in an Ancient Steg. to be a nice hammer against one of the saurus units anvils and to take some war machine fire from the engine. S6 impact and thunderstomp attacks are nice additions against T4 opponents.
Perhaps a Scar-Vet with the crown of command and make a saurus unit stubborn?
6-7 Chameleon skinks are always useful.

The Marshel
09-06-2011, 10:54
Well temple guard are 20 strong and saurus are 18. I'm thinking of bumping them up to 24 but was not 100% sure. I guess another stegadon wouldn't hurt. But In the current list I have 793 pts left. Am I really going to spend 386 - 400pts on just chameleon skinks? As with adding more salamanders I don't want to be that guy either. I think 6 is more than enough really

18 seems a little low to me, plus at 3000 points you need 750 points core, i doubt you're reaching that with just 36 saurus and the skinks.

6 sallies is plenty, i didnt realize you meant u already had two units.

slingersam
09-06-2011, 13:37
18 seems a little low to me, plus at 3000 points you need 750 points core, i doubt you're reaching that with just 36 saurus and the skinks.

6 sallies is plenty, i didnt realize you meant u already had two units.

That was my mistake, just looked back at it. Anyway I'm thinking 2 30 man squads. Dropping the ETOG and just taking a Chief + steg warspear will be better on an Ancient.

warplock
09-06-2011, 13:39
How many Kroxigor are in your unit? If it's just a unit of 3 you could boost it up to 6 or even 8 - that would be awesome! Then they can start taking on units by themselves rather than just relying on flank charges etc.

slingersam
10-06-2011, 01:17
Man I wish I had 6 kroxigors. It may not be super effective but still super fun lol