09-06-2011, 18:33
i have a few questions about a warlord taking a rat ogre bonebreaker

1) will he only get look out sir rolls if he is in rat ogre units

2) do they count as 1 toughness 5 model with 4 wounds or 2 separate models

3) will it give the warlord +1 to his armour save

FestHest
09-06-2011, 18:49
1) yes
2) highest toughness vs shooting, riders toughness in close combat, for stat-test use highest.
3) yes

theunwantedbeing
09-06-2011, 18:49
1. He won't get a look out sir roll ever, he's monsterous cavalry.
2. See the rules for monsterous cavalry.
3. See answer two.

Erm festhest....how do you figure your answer two? (*edit* and one!!! guess one of 3 correct isnt bad though!)

FestHest
09-06-2011, 18:57
Erm festhest....how do you figure your answer two?

My bad, a bit quick there.
He will only use the Wound stat of the ratoger. The rider will use its own toughness, both vs shooting and in close combat.

And true, he will only get a LOS if in a unit of Monsterous Cavalry, (not likely in a skaven army)

meanmachine
09-06-2011, 18:58
so it sounds like you are far better off taking war litter than a bonebreaker, is that correct

FestHest
09-06-2011, 19:11
so it sounds like you are far better off taking war litter than a bonebreaker, is that correct

You get 1 more wound, and some nastier attacks, but loose look out sir.
I usually run a warlord, with Fellblade on a rat ogre, quite fun :)

Btw, though I thought he got los, Iv nerver taken one, if hes not in close combat in turn 2 hes dead.

spikedog
09-06-2011, 19:58
1. He won't get a look out sir roll ever, he's monsterous cavalry.
2. See the rules for monsterous cavalry.
3. See answer two.

Erm festhest....how do you figure your answer two? (*edit* and one!!! guess one of 3 correct isnt bad though!)

Sorry if I am missing something here but...

*Where does it say the Bonebreaker is a monstrous cavalry?
*If he is monstrous cavalry, then as per that section of the rule book he would also gain swiftstride correct?
*Why would he lose "Look out sir", if he is in a unit of Rat Ogres then he is the same troop type as the unit and thus as of page 99 of the LRB he gets Look out sir no?

This is not me trying to disagree btw just trying to understand where and why.

theunwantedbeing
09-06-2011, 20:18
*Where does it say the Bonebreaker is a monstrous cavalry?
*If he is monstrous cavalry, then as per that section of the rule book he would also gain swiftstride correct?
*Why would he lose "Look out sir", if he is in a unit of Rat Ogres then he is the same troop type as the unit and thus as of page 99 of the LRB he gets Look out sir no?

The bonebreaker is a monsterous beast, so when ridden is monsterous cavalry.
Yes he does get swiftstride.
Monsterous infantry which is what the rat ogres are, is not the same unit type as monsterous cavalry. Remember that look out sir is for the same unit type only.

Malorian
09-06-2011, 20:20
Why the bonebreaker is not monsterous infantry is beyond me...

Silly mistake.

Just like not allowing goblin characters to ride trolls ;) :D

spikedog
09-06-2011, 20:34
The bonebreaker is a monsterous beast, so when ridden is monsterous cavalry.
Yes he does get swiftstride.
Monsterous infantry which is what the rat ogres are, is not the same unit type as monsterous cavalry. Remember that look out sir is for the same unit type only.

Gotcha, is clear now. Thanks for the clarification.

As a Skaven player I must say it sucks though. :(

stripsteak
09-06-2011, 22:21
its kinda sucky, but a warlord on bonebreaker with a felblade makes a great supporting lord in higher point games where you can afford to have on, and still have your general in a safe place.

sulla
11-06-2011, 02:38
Better, yes. But taking a ratlord riding a giant mutant rat is far, far cooler! :D:D:D

Why the bonebreaker is not monsterous infantry is beyond me...

Silly mistake.

Yup.

russellmoo
11-06-2011, 04:30
Mal's right though- where's the gobbo riding the troll, and even more important why can't my orc warboss be mounted on a giant?

I love the warlord on a bone breaker- so Skaven, so cool