PDA

View Full Version : 20 Chaos Knights

tr1pod
10-06-2011, 08:46
We currently play 3k games (with no named characters) and I am running through ideas for the last unit to use in my build. I currently have:

lvl Sorceror of Tzeentch on disc, Inf Puppet, Talisman of Pres, Enchanted Shield

50 Marauders of Khorne with Flails
25 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle with Halberds and shields, Banner of Rage
10 Chaos Knights of Khorne and Armour Piercing Banner
The rest of the army is filled with some Hounds or Marauder Horsemen depending on what I take for the last unit...

I currently finish it off with 15 Chosen of Tzeentch with the Wailing Banner, FotG to get the 3+ Ward Save, but I find this a bit of a sneaky way to play so I would rather either go for:

24 Chaos Warriors of Khorne with AHW or another unit of 10 Chaos Knights. I am yet to see another build with 20 Chaos Knights so I wonder if it is a good call, but I find the Knights to be an excellent unit. They're usually the stars of my army so another unit could be very nice.

Another 24 CW would also be nice but I do find that even though they are awesome they can obviously die rather easily to magic, shooting and nasty CC units such as Swordmasters.

Also, Knights cannot be Dreaded 13th'd :)

What think you?

Dux
10-06-2011, 09:07
Warriors with shield and MoT. They are a very good counterunit to dedicated CC-units like swordmasters (3+/5++ in Melee with T4 is nasty).
Give them that 20 points banner in the armybook (don't remember the name), and they won't run from CC.

A BSB is also a good choice.

At 3k points i run:
sorclord on disc
bsb
lvl2 sorc (death)
20 warriors shield mot
20 warriors halberds mot
50 marauders shield LA Mot
2*5 hounds
2*5 horsemen
20 chosen mot, halberds, razorbanner
hellcannon
warshrine

tr1pod
10-06-2011, 09:24
Ok that makes sense and seems a good call. I may try that instead. I should have pointed out that I do also run with a Hellcannon and Warshrine. So you don't run any Knights at all?

Dux
10-06-2011, 19:51
I don't run Knights because I tried to get more models on the table.
In bigger games i would run two units of knights that support each other. A single unit of knights doesn't work well in my area, as everybody uses big units with 5+ ranks.

Rakton
10-06-2011, 22:15
I useually bring two units of 6 knights: i with mok musician and banner and the other with the same thing with lances and flaming banner. the lancers are to deal with beasties while the ensorcelled ones are for support for my foot infantry. the units usually do good and the lancers would do good if you use them right(str 6 useful against t 4 in the flank). that's my preference. for a large unit of knights, watch out for massed gw units like hammerers.

scoutbike
12-06-2011, 13:33
i like chaos knights

Chainaxe07
13-06-2011, 19:29
i like chaos knights

Well, who does not?