PDA

View Full Version : 1500 WoC competitive

Overlord92
12-06-2011, 20:46
I have played 40k for many years and would like to make the jump to fantasy. I've always been a fan of chaos and so I would like to run a warriors army. I've done as much studying as I think is possible lol. I may have have missed things here and there but this is the list I have put together so far, any thoughts or comments, I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Lords:

Sorcerer 85
Mark of Tzeentch 20
Upgrade to level 2 35
Conjoined Homonculus 20
Disk of Tzeench 20
Golden Eye of Tzeentch 25
total: 205

Exalted Hero 110
Mark of Khorne 15
Juggernaut of Khorne 50
total: 175

Core:

BSB Warriors x 15 225
Halberds 15
Mark of Tzeentch 20
Full Command 30
BSB Blasted Standard 40
total: 410

Offensive Warriors x 18 270
Halberds 18
Mark of Khorne 30
Full Command 30
total: 348

Marauders x 30 120
Great Weapons 30
Mark of Khorne 30
Full Command 30
total: 210

Marauders x 18 72
flails 18
Mark of Khorne 30
Full Command 30
total: 150

the idea is to run each marauder group in the front, followed by the warrior groups. the BSB warriors will follow the horde marauders and the offensive warriors will follow the smaller group of marauders. The Sorcerer will roam as will the khorne champ. The khorne champ will probably stay in the center of the army and act as general, supporting whichever combat he'd be most effective. I am running a slightly themed army with only khorne or tzeentch units but since these seem to be some of the most competitive I don't think I should have a problem with that.

empra
12-06-2011, 21:34
Lords:

Sorcerer 85
Mark of Tzeentch 20
Upgrade to level 2 35
Conjoined Homonculus 20
Disk of Tzeench 20
Golden Eye of Tzeentch 25
total: 205

Exalted Hero 110
Mark of Khorne 15
Juggernaut of Khorne 50
total: 175

Your heroes come together at 380 )= (375 is the max at 1500)
Possibly drop the golden eye on sorcerer (-25) pick up a talisman of protection (+15) and a charmed shield (+5) (this gives a 3+/5++ and puts your hero’s to 375)

Core:

BSB Warriors x 15 225
Halberds 15
Mark of Tzeentch 20
Full Command 30
BSB Blasted Standard 40
total: 410
I'm coming up with a total of 330 for these guys…

Offensive Warriors x 18 270
Halberds 18
Mark of Khorne 30
Full Command 30
total: 348

Marauders x 30 120
Great Weapons 30
Mark of Khorne 30
Full Command 30
total: 210
Marauders full command is 20 not 30 (=

Marauders x 18 72
flails 18
Mark of Khorne 30
Full Command 30
total: 150

Marauders full command is 20 not 30 =)

With the addition I came up with I found
107 points left over
+16 Marauders w/ flail (-80)
+5 Marauders w/ great weapon (-45)
Coming up with a grand total of 1498

or
+12 marauders w/ flail (-60)
+3 maurders w/great weapon (-15)
shields on both chaos blocks (-32)
coming up with a grand total of 1500

But you may want to take my advice with a large serving of salt at I haven’t played much WoC or 8th edition

Krunstal
12-06-2011, 21:35
I wouldn't leave the heros out on their own. I would place the sorc in your big muarder squad. I would make your hero a BSB, you could drop him off his mount and place him in your warrior squad with MoT and give them sheilds instead of halberds. With points from mounts you can pick up some gear for exalted hero, and possibly some more guys. Just my toughts I hope this helps, good hunting.

Overlord92
12-06-2011, 22:22
ahh yeah, makes sense with the warriors, originally I had intended to have the shields on them. Idk what it was but when I was looking at it when I was typing my list it didn't quite look right.

In regards to the exalted and removal of mounts. I think that might be a good idea. I was reluctant to take them off mounts (the armour and flexibility seems realy nice) along with the fact that I wanted to include mounted version of them in list of higher points and I didn't really wanna buy multiple models for it quite yet. I'll have to decide on my budget :) thanks for the help, any more would be awesome.

thesheriff
12-06-2011, 22:51
When you have put bsb in the warrior unit, you do know it has to go on an exalted hero, not a unit standard bearer.

You have spent 5pts too much on characters mate.

That's not what I'd do for characters anyways. Keep the choices, but run;

*sorcerer w. Infernal puppet, third eye of tzeentch, lore of fire/death/shadow (any's good) = 145
* Exalted hero w. Chaos steed, halberd, mot, helm of many eyes, dragon helm, talisman of protection = 180

Better IMO.

The defensive warriors should have shields.

The offensive warriors should have BOEF.

The flail Marauders should be dropped for another 10 GW ones (just mix 'em in, no one will notice) and some hounds.

Thesheriff

Overlord92
13-06-2011, 01:33
When you have put bsb in the warrior unit, you do know it has to go on an exalted hero, not a unit standard bearer.

You have spent 5pts too much on characters mate.

That's not what I'd do for characters anyways. Keep the choices, but run;

*sorcerer w. Infernal puppet, third eye of tzeentch, lore of fire/death/shadow (any's good) = 145
* Exalted hero w. Chaos steed, halberd, mot, helm of many eyes, dragon helm, talisman of protection = 180

Better IMO.

The defensive warriors should have shields.

The offensive warriors should have BOEF.

The flail Marauders should be dropped for another 10 GW ones (just mix 'em in, no one will notice) and some hounds.

Thesheriff

Ahh yeah, didn't think i'd be over the 25% limit, good catch thanks.

-dragonhelm, this is an "i'm new" question, but are flaming attacks really that common? I've seen it on a lot of lists but I'm never sure if I wanna spends points making a 2 wound model resist something that would kill him in 1.

Also, why would I be putting him on a chaos steed? If not a juggernaut is there really that much of a reason to put him on a mount at all if the rest of my army is unmounted? I think this is what the guy above was pretty much alluding too considering the points cost of one at 1500.

Thankyou for the imput, it really helps. Starting to pick up some good changes, i like that BOEF idea, i didn't see it before and its really kind of a nice idea.

Also in regards to bsb, for some reason I thought that u could only have one magic banner and the person carrying it was the bsb. I do in fact have to put a bsb on an exalted hero? and in addition to that, is it possible to just have him carrying a normal banner and "claim" that to be the bsb? or does it also have to be magical?

Overlord92
13-06-2011, 02:41
I think this may be the list i'm looking at right now, mostly just revised the lords section. I may drop a few things here and there to include a few hounds. I like them but i'm not entirely sure what i'd be using them for, probably just tieing up and units i don't wanna see for a little while(though hounds seem almost too* squishy for that). so far it seems like

Lords:

Sorcerer
Mark of Tzeentch
Upgrade to level 2
Conjoined Homonculus
Blood of Tzeentch
total: 180

Exalted Hero
Mark of Tzeentch
Helm of Many Eyes
Enchanted shield
Sword of Might
Battle Standard
total: 195

Core:

Defensive Warriors x 15
Shields
Mark of Tzeentch
Full Command
Blasted Standard
total:410

Offensive Warriors x 18
Halberds
Mark of Khorne
Full Command
Banner of Eternal Flame
total:358

Marauders x 30
Great Weapons
Mark of Khorne
Full Command
total:210

Marauders x 17
Great weapons
Mark of Khorne
Full Command
total:145

Krunstal
13-06-2011, 07:26
Also in regards to bsb, for some reason I thought that u could only have one magic banner and the person carrying it was the bsb. I do in fact have to put a bsb on an exalted hero? and in addition to that, is it possible to just have him carrying a normal banner and "claim" that to be the bsb? or does it also have to be magical?

Hi Overlord,
You can only have one bsb, and he can either have a magic banner or magic gear. He has to be and upgrade from a exalted hero. Each squad of guys can have a normal standard bearer as part of their command. These guys can have a magic banner woth up to 50pts. The one trick is you can't repeat magic items incuding banners. So generally you put the magic banners on the sb of the squads and give your bsb magic gear since you want him around for the morale benefit and rerolls. I hope that helps explain it isn't more confusing lol, sometimes my explainations confuse people more than they help. Take it easy and good huntng.

thesheriff
13-06-2011, 09:20
Remove individual points costs. Don't want you getting in trouble now! :p

I'd still combine the Marauders. You want them as big as possible too soak up wounds.

Flaming attacks are quite common. For example, your Killy unit of warriors has them. It's very helpful to have them (ignore regen, do more wounds against troops in buildings), but defense against it is very handy. The dragonhelm also adds one to your armour save, and because you can't use a shield with a halberd in combat, improves your save by one (or two if you are using an enchanted shield.

If you are making a bsb, make him durable. give him talismain of preservation, MOT, halberd,

Overlord92
13-06-2011, 12:49
good Call, I should probably make him a little beefier. I think i'll do that.