PDA

View Full Version : Staff of Solidity Staff vs. Cupped Hands

Alathir
14-06-2011, 09:09
Just had a thought and don't have the Lizardmen army book on me so I can't remember the exact wording of the Cupped Hands item (I believe that's the one that rebounds a miscast onto an enemy mage, right?).

The Staff of Solidity states, "The staff makes the Mage immune to the effects of his first miscast." If a Slann used their item to force the miscast upon a High elf mage carrying that staff, would the miscast then be ignored by that mage?

Thanks in advance.

theunwantedbeing
14-06-2011, 10:10
RAW?
No, doesn't work as it's not HIS miscast, its somebody elses and he's getting the effects of it.

You could argue that as the staff makes you immune to the effects of the first miscast,
any later miscast suffered of the same result (say you got a 7 for the first one, so any further results of a 7)
would also be ignored, as the item isn't one use only and so doesn't cease to operate.

Gonzoyola
14-06-2011, 18:18
By RAW then, can Enchantresses, and Sorceresses not use it, at they are not a "him"?

Add to that, Lizards are asexual beings, not capable of being called "Him" either, so any skink or Slann that tried using this item wouldnt be able to use it either.

RanaldLoec
14-06-2011, 18:27
Ha ha ha brilliant, I love it that's awesome RAW taken to the absolute literal interpretation to prove some times it is a little silly.

MOMUS
15-06-2011, 05:26
Add to that, Lizards are asexual beings, not capable of being called "Him" either, so any skink or Slann that tried using this item wouldnt be able to use it either.

Actaully both slann special characters are referred to as a 'him'.

'Lord Kroak unleashed his last and greatest spell'

'Lord Mazdamundi...he is a master of the geomantic arts.'

Munin
15-06-2011, 06:21
As awesome as that comment is, isnt Staff of Solidity a HE only item so Enchantresses or Sorceresses coulnd't use this item anyway.

slingersam
15-06-2011, 09:46
As awesome as that comment is, isnt Staff of Solidity a HE only item so Enchantresses or Sorceresses coulnd't use this item anyway.

Ya but some High elf mages have boobs, so how do you explain that, Hu?

sulla
17-06-2011, 04:17
It's a special miscast only elven wizards are subject to?

Booobibus Extendibus!

Necromancy Black
17-06-2011, 05:55
Ya but some High elf mages have boobs, so how do you explain that, Hu?

Hidden penis.

I think the point that theunwantedbeing was making was the by RAW the wording of the staff is in first person, so it only ignores miscasts that are caused by the wizard with the staff, not from having a miscast passed onto them.

FestHest
17-06-2011, 06:37
Im pretty sure Lady Gaga is a High Elf male.

Sexiest_hero
17-06-2011, 07:14
High elf males are a myth.

Sabe
18-06-2011, 00:46
You know I came into this thread to find the answer to the OP's question, and I will be leaving it with so many more answers :)

BEEGfrog
18-06-2011, 20:30
You know I came into this thread to find the answer to the OP's question, and I will be leaving it with so many more answers :)

I'm the opposite, I will be leaving with many more questions...