PDA

View Full Version : Competetive WoC 2250 list - Valkia

Hiddius
14-06-2011, 09:44
Hi. I am starting with Warhammer Fantasy again, and was going to rebuild my glorious army of the dark gods.

And this is what I came up with.

Lord:

410 - Valkia

Hero:

215 - Chaos Sorcerer: Level 2, Tzeentch, Dispel Scroll, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Collar Of Khorne

Core:

264 - 12x Chaos Warriors: Khorne, Shields, Additional Hand Weapons, Full Command Squad

250 - 40x Chaos Marauders: Great Weapon, Khorne, Full Command squad

30 - 5x Chaos Warhounds

76 - 5x Marauder Horsemen: Flail

Special:

350 - 12x Chosen: Tzeentch, Shields, Halberds, Full Command Squad, Favour of the Gods, Banner of Rage

290 - 5x Chaos Knights: Khorne, Full Command Squad, Banner of Eternal Flame

Rare:

130 - Chaos Warshrine: Tzeentch

130 - Chaos Warshrine: Tzeentch

105 - Scyla

I know that I lack the Hellcannon in the army. But I can't fit it in with the current restrict on 2250. And there is nothing that I can remove from the list.
Any thoughts?

Krunstal
14-06-2011, 10:03
Hi Hiddius,
I would drop the marauder horsemen, they die really fast for their point cost, warhounds are much better for the points for the function. I would also make your warriors squad 18 strong instead of 12 with halberds dropping sheilds since you can't use them with halberds in cc. I am curious why you have a chosen squad with MoK and banner of rage, give them MoT and drop halberds and make them 15 strong or 14 strong and put charcter in with them. Those are some of the adjustments to your list I would make that wouldn't change it to drastically. I hope this helps, good hunting.

Van Horstmann
14-06-2011, 10:04
Are you sure you want the Mark of Khorne on your Chosen as well as the Banner of Rage?

Seems a little "over-kill"!

Hiddius
14-06-2011, 11:59
Lord:

410 - Valkia

Hero:

215 - Chaos Sorcerer: Level 2, Tzeentch, Dispel Scroll, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Collar Of Khorne

Core:

348 - 18x Chaos Warriors: Khorne, Halberds, Full Command Squad

275 - 45x Chaos Marauders: Great Weapon, Khorne, Full Command squad

30 - 5x Chaos Warhounds

30 - 5x Chaos Warhounds

Special:

390 - 15x Chosen: Tzeentch, Halberds, Full Command Squad, Favour of the Gods, Banner of Rage

290 - 5x Chaos Knights: Khorne, Full Command Squad, Banner of Eternal Flame

Rare:

130 - Chaos Warshrine:

130 - Chaos Warshrine:

This is the updated list. Seems pretty solid. Just afraid of the opposing ranged units, that's why I used shields. +1 Armor save is always nice.
The Sorc is put into the Marauder squad, for the magic resistance and sheer number of models to save him from trouble.
The rest is fairly self explanatory.

The mark wasn't supposed to be Khorne. I missed to remove the text :)
Another question about the chosens tho. If I roll 3 for the start of the match to see their gift, can I modify it to become 2, so that I may reroll again?

Krunstal
14-06-2011, 17:08
Another question about the chosens tho. If I roll 3 for the start of the match to see their gift, can I modify it to become 2, so that I may reroll again?

You can adjust the initial value by one so if that adjusts it to either reroll numbers (2 and7 I believe) you can reroll. So with 2 warshrines you should be able to get the buffs you want on those guys! I wish luck with your list, good hunting.

popisdead
15-06-2011, 22:41
I am confused why you have Scyla and claim there is nothing you can remove from the army?

Your Chosen aren't that large a unit (thus will end up dying), why not trade a Warshrine and Scyla in for a Spawn and Helcannon?