PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt Gutstar

GreenSpeed
15-06-2011, 03:01
Used to play a finese msu ogres army in 7th but obviously that doesn't work anymore so wanted to try a rather unique list which is pretty much the opposite.

Tyrant
-Armor of destiny, mawseeker, cls

Slaugthermaster
-dispell scroll

Bruiser
-Bsb, crown of command, mawseeker, dragon bane gem,
-cls, heavy armor

Bruiser
-glittering scales, wyrdstone necklace, cls

16 ironguts
- full command, standard of discipline

2 leadbelchers
-musician

2 gorgers

All characters go into the massive deathstar, the butcher can go in the second rank in order to keep him safe. I've never played a deathstar before and would like advice on the auxilery units that fill out the rest of the list, I think the gorgers will be useful but the leadbelchers I threw in because I had a convenient 120 points left when building the list.

Trains_Get_Robbed
15-06-2011, 04:04
Why not the Crown of Command on the Slaughterer? He could get a ward too, and be more survivable than the BsB.

GreenSpeed
15-06-2011, 04:07
Its purely a points thing, my lords are at 495 already and I'm limited to 500

thesheriff
15-06-2011, 07:08
Dont you need minimum 1+ unit of bulls?

thesheriff

Mercules
15-06-2011, 12:58
You have to take a unit of Bulls, and your Deathstar is going to get slaughtered by magic/warmachines before it is flanked and demolished. Were I to face this army I would avoid the Deathstar and kill your leadbelchers then wait for the Gorgers to show up, get lead by the nose to where I can kill them.

You need some support troops to channel things into your grinder. If you don't have them then only stupid opponents will go toe-to-toe with the Gut-star as it is a loosing proposition for most things.

Morax
15-06-2011, 22:06
Were I to face this army I would take my death wizard and run him straight at the deathstar. One psx and its gone.

immortal git
16-06-2011, 21:21
Bruiser is over point limit on magic items, scales are 35, wyrdstone is 20 right?