PDA

View Full Version : Miscast in a building

vorthrax
15-06-2011, 15:21
One of the miscast results has each model adjacent to the miscasting wizard take a (S6?) hit. If the wizard is in a unit in a building, who and how many take hits? What if there are other characters in the building besides the miscasting wizard?

Thanks for any insight.

PaintByNumbers
15-06-2011, 18:22
It's treated like a template weapon hit on a building in the building rules.

vorthrax
15-06-2011, 20:06
It's treated like a template weapon hit on a building in the building rules.

Cool. Thanks for the answer!

This is in fact how we played it when the situation came up in a recent game (although we 4+'ed to get to this resolution) and I think it is a perfectly reasonable method of resolution. However, I'm still not sure about other characters in the building. We chose to ignore them and allocated all of the D6 hits against RnF models of the unit.

Would you happen to have the specific reference in the BRB and/or FAQ that says to use the "Template Weapons" rule in the Buildings section?

PaintByNumbers
15-06-2011, 20:47
I don't have my book on me at the moment but I recall reading it in the building rules a paragraph or two after the building melee rules. Its the same paragraph that talks about how to resolve template spells on a unit in a building.

I'll post the page number when I get home.

PaintByNumbers
15-06-2011, 21:38
It's on page 127 of the small rule book. Third paragraph titled Buildings And Magic. And I was wrong, it's just before the building melee info.

And as for characters in the building with the mage, the hits should be distributed as per shooting.

vorthrax
16-06-2011, 12:45
It's on page 127 of the small rule book. Third paragraph titled Buildings And Magic. And I was wrong, it's just before the building melee info.

And as for characters in the building with the mage, the hits should be distributed as per shooting.

Perfect! Thanks a bunch. I don't know how I miss these things. :confused:

SetheloniusBunk
17-06-2011, 23:03
They don't specify this in the rule book, but Page 9 of the most recent FAQ tells you that the wizard is always one of the models hit. Though I guess this wouldn't apply if it's the result where he just hurts those around him?