PDA

View Full Version : Tomb kings 2999 pts (No TG)

Batosai
15-06-2011, 20:06
Liche High Priest - lvl 4, Talisman of Preservation

4 Chariots - M
4 Chariots - M
20 Archers - S
10 Archers - M
5 Light Horsemen
5 Light Horsemen

3 Necropolis Knights - Ebts +S
3 Necropolis Knights - Ebts +S
War Sphinx - Fiery Roar
War Sphinx - Fiery Roar
War Sphinx - Fiery Roar
3 Carrion
3 Carrion
3 Carrion

Hierotitan
Necro Colossus
Screaming Skull Catapult
Screaming Skull Catapult
Casket of Souls

I will attack with attemps of extra movement spells if the oponent waits shooting for me. While carrions, light horsemen and later Ebts Knights try machine and mage hunting.

If I play against a non-shotty army the plan is to force the enemy come to my dual SSC, Casket and some bowshots. Here I could decide to entomb the Knights or not. Also if Etbs they can do some type of ambush attack.

Maybe droping necro knights or so to have a mask king on a chariot in a 6 chariot unit, but that will come later.

Morax
15-06-2011, 20:21
So you have three standards at 3k, that gives you a fortitude of five and a breaking point of three for blood and glory, I'd get some more standards in there to not have such a hard time.

Batosai
15-06-2011, 21:28
Sure you are right so I will get standards for the chariots also, maybe a fire banner for one of those units, at the end a carrion unit will fall off from the list.

Maglok
16-06-2011, 14:34
One character? Ouch, ok. At least give him either a dispel scroll or a earthing rod. There is a lot of magic enhancing stuff riding on one level 4, I'd at least take a level 2.

In my opinion 3 carrion units are overkill. I'd only take one max. :)

Okuto
16-06-2011, 14:38
Thank goodness I'm not alone in refusing to use those overpriced TG....

My only prob is yo have only have one character.....also 3 carrion is way too excessive....I think you need a few more archers also if you want the enemy to walk up to you.

Batosai
16-06-2011, 20:07
So carrions recuded ;)

And how do you frighten the enemy warmachines, maybe it's a bit dificult with one unit of carrions and 2 light horsemen units to hunt those cannons.

Should I drop a chariot unit and go for 2 esqueleton 30-ish blocks? The idea is to be fast in some ocasions and to w8 back some others, so maybe when I deffend cheap killy blocks would be useful.

As long as I've seen, warspinxs are ok to hold light infantry blocks and those killy WoC infrantry (or so) theres no need to hold them. I let them kill one of my units and try to multi-countercharge after. (Spinx and giant for example)

Should I drop Etbs then? I've seen people having good results with it. Also you could decide every game to bury or not (that could make some tactic advantatge in some case)

Maglok
20-06-2011, 13:18
You cannot decide to burrow entombed from below. The rules say you always have to, it is due to the part that it is 'ambusher rules with these exceptions.'

If you want to annoy warmachines you can also consider some stalkers. Since they can come up and screw up warmachines quicker with the initiative gaze.

Morax
21-06-2011, 20:33
Necroknights are a bit too expensive to go war machine hunting as the tomb kings have more point effecient ways to do the same thing. Stalkers get there one turn sooner and tomb swarms kill them for much less. Both are also good at filling the secondary roll of mage hunting as mages are not often put in combat blocks.

Knights with Etbs are however great flankers. Arriving where your opponent doesn't want them and pounding a flank of a unit with them is a good way to watch him cringe. Paired with a warsphinx in the front and you should make quick work of that unit.

Nickthebear
23-06-2011, 12:44
for hunting, be it warmachine or character, i think three stalkers can do alot,two units of them amazing. Found them to be very useful when playing a three ay game against magicy high elves and shoort dwarves. took out a three hundred pojnt charater just from jumping up and going boo with the transmogrifying gaze. ouch for him and kept his shooters busy too as they had to keep turning round to face different positions. if nothing else EBTS is useful to put the s***s into someone as they wont know wich way to face move etc. Oh and im going to love jumping out with my tomb scorpion this weekend as i have made him out of real cram parts :D

Batosai
23-06-2011, 21:39
Yes you are right, the main reason to take those EtBS knights was to use them as flankers. Also I thought that them would work great against stand back and shoot armies agains whom a monster smash list will sure have lots of problems.

Hroth the Blooded
23-06-2011, 21:54
AAAAAAAGH!!! YOU HAVE NO COMBAT BLOCKS!!! Srsly though, you can't win with a synergy army without an anvil for your hammers. I'd drop a warsphinx and the hierotitan for a good unit of around 100 skellies :D, or 2 of 50. The hierotitan is a waste in this army. Only one caster for it's main advantage.

Batosai
24-06-2011, 20:10
What about that? I included those skelly blocks, and got a necro colossus instead of hierotitan. Changed Necro Etbs Knights for a non Etbs unit of 4 Necro Knights.

I have a question? Why it's better a hierotitan with more casters, I normally prefer to cast with the best mage all the spells since him have more chances to cast with 2 pd and take less risk at IF.

Liche High Priest - lvl 4, Dispell scroll

40 skeletons -S
40 skeletons -S
3 Chariots - M
3 Chariots - M+S, Fire Banner
10 Archers
10 Archers
5 Light Horsemen
5 Light Horsemen

4 Necropolis Knights - S
War Sphinx - Fiery Roar
War Sphinx - Fiery Roar
War Sphinx - Fiery Roar
3 Carrion
3 Carrion
3 Carrion

Necro Colossus
Necro Colossus
Screaming Skull Catapult
Screaming Skull Catapult
Casket of Souls

Hroth the Blooded
24-06-2011, 20:40
It's better to take Hierotitan with multiple casters because its +d3 to casting goes in a 12" bubble. Aka, wizard huddle around hierotitan coach. Still too many units of carrion. I'd drop it down to two units, take musicians ALWAYS because of swift reform, and maybe boost the archer units to 20 each. 2 ranks of 10 can pwn with Arrows of Asaph.