PDA

View Full Version : 'ere We Go question

Blkc57
16-06-2011, 07:12
The wording of the big Waagh spell Ere We Go is a little confusing. It states that it can effect an Orc unit OF ANY KIND. What exactly does this mean? Does the spell effect any Orc and goblin unit such as Trolls and night goblins? Does it only effect orcs types? If it does effect orcs only why the "Any Kind" adjective? Was there somehow a grand difference between Orc boyz, savage orcs, and black orcs? How do most people play the targeting of this spell?

Seal Cub
16-06-2011, 08:52
No it effects orcs, black orcs, savage orcs, boar boyz, boar chariots and orc characters. I believe that the term "orcs of any kind" is being described elsewhere in the book, but I may be mistaking.

AMWOOD co
16-06-2011, 17:05
The wording of the big Waagh spell Ere We Go is a little confusing. It states that it can effect an Orc unit OF ANY KIND. What exactly does this mean? Does the spell effect any Orc and goblin unit such as Trolls and night goblins? Does it only effect orcs types? If it does effect orcs only why the "Any Kind" adjective? Was there somehow a grand difference between Orc boyz, savage orcs, and black orcs? How do most people play the targeting of this spell?

There is a difference between (Common) Orcs, Savage Orcs, and Black Orcs, namely that Savage Orcs have extra rules, Black Orcs have extra rules and better stats, and all of them have different point costs and equipment.

That all said, the reason for that spell description is just to make it perfectly clear that I can cast that spell on a Black Orc unit and there's nothing my opponent can say about it (ie. it avoids "But those aren't Orcs; they're Black Orcs!"). Also, since it specifies Orcs, it eliminates Goblins, Trolls, etc. as legal benefactors of the spell. Compare it to the wording of the Spider Banner.

My gripe with the spell is that it says 'units'. I understand why, if a unit of Orcs straddles the 2D6" limit, then the whole unit benefits, including those outside the range, but what about an Orc Big Boss in a Goblin unit? Right now I'd say the Big Boss (and any other Orc characters in said unit) benefits, but not the unit itself, but that's not the exact wording.

Ugh... I had such high hopes for this book...

T10
16-06-2011, 22:27
I don't think I'll have a problem with treating this as affecting all Orc models (including Savage Orcs and Black Orcs) in units within range of the spell.

Blkc57
16-06-2011, 23:24
Thanks guys, this is exactly what I needed in terms of clarification. So the consensus is it only works on Orcs, but if I had say a Black Orc leading a unit of trolls, it would still effect the character?

AMWOOD co
17-06-2011, 02:32
Thanks guys, this is exactly what I needed in terms of clarification. So the consensus is it only works on Orcs, but if I had say a Black Orc leading a unit of trolls, it would still effect the character?

As long as some part of that unit was in range? Then yes.

...well, T10 and I agree at least. I don't know about everyone else.